closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prescription glasses from US

Craftsman

Prescription glasses from US

Has anyone ordered prescription glasses online from the US and if so was it a smooth transaction/process or full of potential issues

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Has anyone ordered prescription glasses online from the US and if so was it a smooth transaction/process or full of potential issues

Thanks in advance
    Is there any advantage over ordering from a retailer on this small island we inhabit ?

Master
    We use Googles4U for prescription and transition sunglasses for our teenager and have never had a problem.

They are relatively inexpensive and have proved ideal for her needs. Can recommend.

Craftsman
    Thanks, will look at the goggles website. The 4 websites I've tried a quote with all seem to end up being shipped from the States albeit one which was from France

Craftsman
    I buy from https://www.zennioptical.com/. I wait for their 20% off promotion. There's 10% off if you sign up to their offers and news, bottom right of page.

Master
    Thanks, will look at the goggles website. The 4 websites I've tried a quote with all seem to end up being shipped from the States albeit one which was from France
    Not sure where googles4u ship from but we have had no issues and prompt service.

Master
    Are the US sites cheaper or more choice than UK? I got a couple of spare pairs (one sunglasses) for about £20 from Glasses Direct. They appear to be UK based (UK telephone number and website) but maybe that’s just a front. Anyway, they did what I needed well and feature regularly with special offers on the Martin Lewis site.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Not sure where googles4u ship from but we have had no issues and prompt service.
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cerritos/p...313/complaints

Goggles4u (American Eye Vision) is based in California, United States however our production facilities and customer support are in Thailand.

I wouldn't be surprised if all cheap suppliers manufacture in SE Asia but have US and/or UK... addresses.

Craftsman
    Another vote for Glasses Direct UK. Decent quality for the price and easy to send back if any problems.

Craftsman

Thanks for all links and views, some good deals to be had out there

Master

Thanks in advance
    I take it you aren't ordering vairiafocals because these need to be done by a bricks and morter optician as there is a fair amount of mesuring needed

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I take it you aren't ordering vairiafocals because these need to be done by a bricks and morter optician as there is a fair amount of mesuring needed
    No, just standard readers

I live in San Diego and have bought several pairs of prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses from EyeBuyDirect.com and have been very satisfied. The prices are very reasonable. I like that I can upload a photo of myself and use it to "try on" various pairs/styles/sizes of frames to see how they would look on my face.

Highly recommended.

Master
    PSA

You can get a pair of prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses for £20 delivered, when you use our MSE Blagged code MSE15RXSUN on top of two existing Glasses Direct* offers, by 11.59pm on Mon 16 Mar.”

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/glasses-direct/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    PSA

You can get a pair of prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses for £20 delivered, when you use our MSE Blagged code MSE15RXSUN on top of two existing Glasses Direct* offers, by 11.59pm on Mon 16 Mar.”

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/glasses-direct/
    Thanks for the link, great offer

Master
    Thanks for the link, great offer
    You're welcome. I got a couple of pairs last year for spares and well worth the money.

Thomas Reid
    I have an order on the way from Glasses Direct. I got some from them last spring, and thought them a good price (about £150 for nice frame, bifocals and transitions colouring). I wanted a spare pair, so ordered some more on the Sunday, 1st of March, and got an email on Monday, 9th of March, saying that they were on the way. A week is good for that combination of features.

Best wishes,
    Bob