closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When you really like Sapphire crystal in your watch construction

When you really like Sapphire crystal in your watch construction

Virtually the entire watch is transparent sapphire, except for the hands, train wheels, mainspring, and a few other mission-critical metal components. The case is transparent sapphire, as is the bridge for the going train, and the case and dial, such as it is, are transparent sapphire as well. The hour markers are diamond, and the bezel is diamond set as well. The bracelet is, as far as I can recall, a world-first – I don't recall seeing an all-sapphire watch with an all-sapphire case from anyone before, and it ought to make one hell of an impression in the hand and on the wrist, if we are ever able to see one in person.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...re-introducing

iirc Richard Mille have done complete Sapphire almost-everything, but not a bracelet. Even dimmer memory of Breitling doing a sapphire case. No doubt others have, too.
    Still an impressive technical tour-de-force.

Master
    $626,000!? Thats crazy.

Master
    Not my thing, but still amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Virtually the entire watch is transparent sapphire, except for the hands, train wheels, mainspring, and a few other mission-critical metal components. The case is transparent sapphire, as is the bridge for the going train, and the case and dial, such as it is, are transparent sapphire as well. The hour markers are diamond, and the bezel is diamond set as well. The bracelet is, as far as I can recall, a world-first – I don't recall seeing an all-sapphire watch with an all-sapphire case from anyone before, and it ought to make one hell of an impression in the hand and on the wrist, if we are ever able to see one in person.

​https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...re-introducing
    I think it’s got a certain beauty to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Oobloo did a few sapphire watches too but not as much sapphire as this. Don't drop it!
    Last edited by James_; 22nd February 2020 at 09:21.

It’s interesting to see the occasional design and manufacture connections between Chanel and Bell & Ross (in whom the maison owns a stake). Sharing the technical investments required to produce something like this at the G&F Châtelain watch manufacture, where both brands are produced....

For my money, it would be the BR-X1 Skeleton Tourbillon Sapphire Black 🤔