closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Hulk ending production

Journeyman

Rolex Hulk ending production

While visiting a Rolex AD today they mentioned that the Hulk Submariner may be coming to the end of it's production run, anyone else heard this rumour? it's been mentioned to me twice this week.

Was told of the same possibility mid-Jan but with that reference you'll hear it every other thread. Tempted to think it could be true this year.

Yes it's 100% factual.

It'll be replaced with an SS Smurf.

Master
    Most likely it will be replaced with a new hulk, with the new movement, a 126610LV.... same bezel, same dial, different movement. Ive heard this from 54 different internet sources in the past 2 lightyears...

No surprise to me. I’m surprised they sold any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Yes it's 100% factual.

It'll be replaced with an SS Smurf.
    Wow that would be another nice watch I cannot get !

Hopefully they do as I have one but cannot see it happening any time soon.

Anyway, I am sure this thread will turn in to a mess shortly. Enjoy the fire works.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 21st February 2020 at 20:55.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post

I know what you mean. The AD told me that they had a delivery from Rolex this week that contained 20 sports\professional models and not one of them went anywhere near the window or display case as they were all customer orders.

It’s inevitable that at some point there’’’ll be a 126610. It could well be this year, and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t within the next 3 or so years.

It will, at the minimum, feature the new 3235 movement. It may also feature slimmed-down lugs, or red writing, but it may not.

I should think it’s likely that there’ll be a green ‘LV’ model, although they may decide to go for a darker green or a non-starburst dial to change things up.

As with the Ceramic Sub, it’s likely the changes will ‘trickle’ across the Submariner range over a period of a few years, so perhaps the first one to get the 12661x treatment will be the LV? If memory serves, the 116613 was the first Ceramic Sub?

Yawn

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Yawn

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Time for bed?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    It’s inevitable that at some point there’’’ll be a 126610. It could well be this year, and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t within the next 3 or so years.

It will, at the minimum, feature the new 3235 movement. It may also feature slimmed-down lugs, or red writing, but it may not.

I should think it’s likely that there’ll be a green ‘LV’ model, although they may decide to go for a darker green or a non-starburst dial to change things up.

As with the Ceramic Sub, it’s likely the changes will ‘trickle’ across the Submariner range over a period of a few years, so perhaps the first one to get the 12661x treatment will be the LV? If memory serves, the 116613 was the first Ceramic Sub?
    No 116618 was first. If they change it it will probably be like the Yachtmaster this year, blanket change for the whole range, except perhaps the Submariner (as opposed to the Submariner Date), which might be "discontinued" for a year until they bring out a 3230 movement.

Craftsman
    Have I miss something Rolex may!! Do nothing.

Master
    Quite possibly, but ADs and others have been saying this pretty much since it was launched

This has been rumoured many months ago, is it surprising, green sub which is 10 years old, sub line due for the refresh with the 3135 movement, other green dial watches in precious metal, rolex is boring and predictable

Journeyman
    Its been a recurring rumour for a fee years now. Will be interesting to see the new models. I wonder if they replace the red of the seadweller with white and stop the deepsea. Ah im probably way off though.

Craftsman

you know he was joking right? with the smurf being white gold, there is no way on earth (unfortunately) that we would ever see a stainless steel smurf.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    While visiting a Rolex AD today they mentioned that the Hulk Submariner may be coming to the end of it's production run, anyone else heard this rumour? it's been mentioned to me twice this week.
    It's always mentioned in eBay listings (!!) but if ADs are saying it, I'll give it a bit more credence.

Craftsman
    The gmt Pepsi was white gold last year ! And they brought out the ss version

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    you know he was joking right? with the smurf being white gold, there is no way on earth (unfortunately) that we would ever see a stainless steel smurf.
    Would be nice

It's just democracy.

The gmt Pepsi was white gold last year ! And they brought out the ss version

There’s rumours they will make the hulk a rose gold or yellow gold watch, I guess that would immortalise this watch. Also make sense with green gold Daytona and green gold day date and gmt. But still the discontinued steel hulk would be king.

Last edited by ac11111; 21st February 2020 at 23:46.

Journeyman
    Do you guy speak to your AD lots? And does he tell you ever rumour he hears?

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Do you guy speak to your AD lots? And does he tell you ever rumour he hears?
    Yer speak to AD lots, and does tell ever rumours.

Craftsman
    Baselworld must be coming up

Master
    One of lifes little lessons you quickly need to learn is that every time you have a chat with an AD, there is going to be another price increase fairly soon and model X is going to be discontinued or significantly changed.

Then you repeat it here and we all get to hear it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    One of lifes little lessons you quickly need to learn is that every time you have a chat with an AD, there is going to be another price increase fairly soon and model X is going to be discontinued or significantly changed.

Then you repeat it here and we all get to hear it.
    Thanks for chiming in with such a valuable contribution, it's like having TZ's very own little Rolex Yoda.

Apprentice
    Supposedly the regional directors don't even know for sure what's happening every year at Basel so I doubt your average AD knows outside of educated guesses.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    There’s rumours they will make the hulk a rose gold or yellow gold watch, I guess that would immortalise this watch. Also make sense with green gold Daytona and green gold day date and gmt. But still the discontinued steel hulk would be king.

Yeah have seen a made up image of the gold hulk, looks great have to say The gold and green combos are class

I think I saw these on a youtube channel - Jon, is that right? If so, what was the name of the channel?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post
    I think I saw these on a youtube channel - Jon, is that right? If so, what was the name of the channel?

Cheers!
    Yep - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaIh63LUfag&t=288s

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post

Cheers!
    https://youtu.be/JaIh63LUfag

This is the one I saw.

Master
    I know what you mean. The AD told me that they had a delivery from Rolex this week that contained 20 sports\professional models and not one of them went anywhere near the window or display case as they were all customer orders.
    The will soon end when they realise they are getting harder to flip for an easy profit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    It's always mentioned in eBay listings (!!) but if ADs are saying it, I'll give it a bit more credence.
    Ads are more full of $hiyt than than half the clowns on you tube.

Blog Entries

Why on earth would you put steel or white gold marker surrounds?! That would bug the hell out of me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    No surprise to me. I’m surprised they sold any!

Got offered one years ago and turned it down , didn’t like it then and still don’t now.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Why on earth would you put steel or white gold marker surrounds?! That would bug the hell out of me.
    They're gold on two of the three screen grabs.

Master
    It’s the same as the ‘Rolex price increase’ chat - predict its rising every week/month or year and one day you’ll be right.

Old rumour. It might occur at some point but no AD has that info.

ADs and those trying to further inflate prices have been spouting this nonsense for at least 3 years now ... I guess 1 day they will be right..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s the same as the ‘Rolex price increase’ chat - predict its rising every week/month or year and one day you’ll be right.
    Is another rise looming ?? Haha love it or hate it everyone keeps talking Rolex !

Master
    Most likely a movement update, really doubt they will replace with a blue SS, the wait lists will be crazy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Ads are more full of $hiyt than than half the clowns on you tube.
    Indeed. Along with the people saying Price increase imminent when there’s just been one!!

Your Rolex AD knows nothing of what is about to be released or discontinued until it happens

Your Rolex AD has No idea when a price increase is coming until it is announced by Rolex a few days before it actually happens.

Your Rolex AD has No idea what allocation of pieces they will receive until they actually arrive..

Most employees at an AD are working on the minimum wage and mostly have little technical knowledge of the products they are selling.
    Rolex never releases specific numbers of pieces produced..

Rumour is exactly that.., Rumour.

Blog Entries
    They're gold on two of the three screen grabs.
    Ah yes so they are, hurt not the all important head on shot

Craftsman
    Wouldn’t make a difference if they did discontinue it since you can’t buy one from an AD anyway.

Craftsman

Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Most likely a movement update, really doubt they will replace with a blue SS, the wait lists will be crazy.

New movement is likely but to keep the Rolex buzz and especially if not much in the new release pipeline, then a new dial dial combo for an improved LV is an easy release for them.

A lot of Rolex fans would probably like to see a return to the Black dial and green bezel combo that made the Kermit such a good looking watch. The Hulk is not a particular attractive watch, with the bulked up case, differing shade of green on bezel and dial, for many years was of little interest and could easily be picked up before someone decided to make it the next big hype, with the price inflation that follows for the vested interested parties. A return to the the tradional combo would keep the hype train running.

They discontinued the 116710LN and although prices have gone up, it hasn’t really sky-rocketed like I thought it might have done. Could be the same for the LV, who knows? Both unpopular-ish watches that suddenly became popular.