closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 2020

Master

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 2020

Walked past Omega on Regent St yesterday and dropped in on the off chance of trying this on. I have to say I am not a massive fan of Seamasters but this model however may change that.

It's super-light and super-comfy on the NATO. I like the retro tone to the colour scheme (titanium and off-white) and the glass is slightly domed a la Speedmaster Hesalite. As soon as I sell some s*** at work I will be getting one. The one on the bracelet didn't float my boat.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-S...01/p/17332008/
    Last edited by watchmad; 21st February 2020 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    Walked past Omega on Regent St yesterday and dropped in on the off chance of trying this on. I have to say I am not a massive fan of Seamasters but this model however may change that.

It's super-light and super-comfy on the NATO. I like the retro tone to the colour scheme (titanium and off-white) and the glass is slightly domed a la Speedmaster Hesalite. As soon as I sell some s*** at work I will be getting one. The one on the bracelet didn't float my boat.

Are the Walt numbers on the back all the same or they different?

I don’t dislike it but it really seems to be trying too hard. Ticking all the faux vintage/mil boxes.

i certainly don’t 6.5k like it. Whatever happened to Omega pricing?

Definitely trying a bit hard. The lume colour is unattractive. Also, that helium escape valve...

Whereas I love that lume colour on the ‘57 Speedmaster, I think it looks too brown on that (probably because there is a lot of it) and not very attractive on the DSOM Vintage where the case is black.

I think the watch generally looks ok though and am glad Omega ditched childish gimmicks like the “007” second hand or barrel logo which had no appeal to me as an adult. I do prefer the previous Bond watch (vintage Seamaster 300 with lollipop second hand).

Those Omega prices though!!! I can’t help but feel that if Rolex increased their supply of sports watches, Omega would be forced to return to old prices and the whole house of cards for RRP would collapse.
    Last edited by Christian; 21st February 2020 at 17:09.

Master
    Despite the comments above I like the patina colour, however and its a big one , the price. What is the basis for this level of cost? If they retailed these at £3.5 to £4 they would sell them all day long.

Apprentice
    From the pictures I think it looks cool. I know faux patina is a touchy subject, and I understand why people don't like it, but I just think it's a nice colour for lume. However I just can't understand the price.

Master
    I think the price is based on it's 007 appeal. It's Titanium but also it's on a £150 NATO not a Titanium bracelet....the bracelet version spoils it for me.

Having looked at more pictures I think this will be like the Spectre SM300 for me....I'd like one but at £4k max.

Great looking watch but overpriced.....but aren't most watches these days #iamgettingold

Master
    Six and a half grand on a nato.....

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    glad Omega ditched childish gimmicks like the “007” second hand or barrel logo which had no appeal to me as an adult.
    This is the watch worn in the film.

They still do the gimmick branding but that is usually the ltd edition non film watches

Craftsman
    I like it, but to me it looks like just another variant of the Seamaster. Apart from being in the film, what's it got to do with 007?

I’m amazed that the 90’s skeleton hands design has lasted as long as it has. I think the sword hands and dial of the 2254.50 looked much better and I wonder why Omega brought it out but discontinued it. I’m guessing they were originally going to make that the update before reversing their decision.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    I like it, but to me it looks like just another variant of the Seamaster. Apart from being in the film, what's it got to do with 007?
    That’s just it. It’s the one worn in the film.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I’m amazed that the 90’s skeleton hands design has lasted as long as it has. I think the sword hands and dial of the 2254.50 looked much better and I wonder why Omega brought it out but discontinued it. I’m guessing they were originally going to make that the update before reversing their decision.
    I agree with you in terms of aesthetics and love my 2594.52 but there is a method to Omega's madness. The skeleton hands do allow you to read the rest of the dial more easily, especially when it's a chronograph. The difference in colour between hour and minute also gives extra clarity.

Of course, one can argue that you aren't using a chronograph while driving and, as a divers watch, more readable hands are more important - and sword hands are more instantly readable.

Blog Entries
    The only thing that would put me off to be honest is that it’s titanium. Always looks and feels cheap to me.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I think it looks great, but a little rich for my budget at present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£6.5k for a Seamaster.

Ooh Sir, I saw you coming.

This is a stunner of a watch, just a shame about the price...

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    £6.5k for a Seamaster.

Ooh Sir, I saw you coming.
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

I tried this on recently on the mesh strap and whilst it's a nice enough watch, it's definitely not £7,880 worth nice lol, not sure why it's priced so high.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post

I've always seen these on watch sites and I have scooted quickly on.

However, I discovered my brother had one a couple of months ago. I tried it on, and it looked really nice in the metal. Discreet. Legible. Light sure. On the Rubber strap. If the price was right, I'd love to have one and to be honest I've never been a huge fan of Omega divers (save for the Brosnan version).

A really nice watch.

This is probably the only variation I'm interested in from the current generation of the Seamasters, looks great, no date, TI light weight. Not a huge fan of the current line-up, generally speaking, they went a bit overboard with the upgrade, feels a little too masculine compared to previous generations. Thickness also increased due to display case back and inhouse 8XXX..

It’s mega cool but 2 grand too expensive in my opinion

Tried it on at my local AD today... have to say it’s such a handsome watch, and extremely light being titanium (feels like wearing a little Casio). like previous posts mentioned it’s just a bit overpriced... no discount on it either

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post

Tried it on at my local AD today... have to say it’s such a handsome watch, and extremely light being titanium (feels like wearing a little Casio). like previous posts mentioned it’s just a bit overpriced... no discount on it either

you walked into a shop?? I don’t think you’ll get a discount on this one just yet. Thanks for posting a real world picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    you walked into a shop?? I don’t think you’ll get a discount on this one just yet. Thanks for posting a real world picture.
    We move into Tier 4 in less than 2 days:) that was my last trip for a while now I think!

Well, look what turned up under the Christmas tree the other day. To say I was shocked is an understatement! I really like Omega, though have never particularly been a fan of the SMPs. I was definitely intrigued when I saw the early pics of this watch though. I think it was the retro vibe with the mesh bracelet making it look a bit different.

Fast forward to a few months ago when I was out with my wife and I noticed one in the window of the local AD. I dragged her over and was instantly taken with it seeing it in the metal. My wife is usually of the opinion that all watches look the same but she thought it looked good too.

Fast forward to Christmas morning and there it was - lucky me! Impressions after a few days are really positive. So far it's running just under a second per day. The lume isn't as bright golden as in a lot of the photos and it really works with the dial and bezel, which are both an anodized aluminium which will fade over time. They are a tropical brown which is almost like a matte anthracite to black in lower light, going to brownish in bright light. This all goes really well with the dark titanium which makes the watch understated and, giving it a sense of 'under the radar' cool. The watch itself is super comfortable, being so light. The bracelet if my favourite part. My wrist is a little bit between hole sizes, but with the watch being so light, with the bracelet slightly larger, this doesn't matter and it sits in place nicely.

On the downside I have learned that the newer watches are being delivered with an updated bracelet. Apparently there were some instances of the original bracelet shearing where it meets the lug, so the end tube has been beefed up. . Apparently you can request a swap, so I'll have a think about it, though according to bond nerds, it would no longer be screen accurate!

I agree it's quite expensive for what it ostensibly is, but it is quite unique and interesting as well. My wife bought it before the price rise so now sees it as an investment which has already risen by £500 :) maybe my man maths has been rubbing off!

Last edited by RoyalVilla; 29th December 2020 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Well, look what turned up under the Christmas tree the other day. To say I was shocked is an understatement! I really like Omega, though have never particularly been a fan of the SMPs. I was definitely intrigued when I saw the early pics of this watch though. I think it was the retro vibe with the mesh bracelet making it look a bit different.

Fast forward to a few months ago when I was out with my wife and I noticed one in the window of the local AD. I dragged her over and was instantly taken with it seeing it in the metal. My wife is usually of the opinion that all watches look the same but she thought it looked good too.

Fast forward to Christmas morning and there it was - lucky me! Impressions after a few days are really positive. So far it's running just under a second per day. The lume isn't as bright golden as in a lot of the photos and it really works with the dial and bezel, which are both an anodized aluminium which will fade over time. They are a tropical brown which is almost like a matte anthracite to black in lower light, going to brownish in bright light. This all goes really well with the dark titanium which makes the watch understated and, giving it a sense of 'under the radar' cool. The watch itself is super comfortable, being so light. The bracelet if my favourite part. My wrist is a little bit between hole sizes, but with the watch being so light, with the bracelet slightly larger, this doesn't matter and it sits in place nicely.

On the downside I have learned that the newer watches are being delivered with an updated bracelet. Apparently there were some instances of the original bracelet shearing where it meets the lug, so the end tube has been beefed up. . Apparently you can request a swap, so I'll have a think about it, though according to bond nerds, it would no longer be screen accurate!

I agree it's quite expensive for what it ostensibly is, but it is quite unique and interesting as well. My wife bought it before the price rise so now sees it as an investment which has already risen by £500 :) maybe my man maths has been rubbing off!

Congrats on this! It really is a lovely watch and so incredibly light:) Wear it in good health:)

I really like this model, just looks so right.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks fantastic RoyalVilla.

My wife got me 4 steak knives and a box of choccies for Chrimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post

looks huge 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    looks huge 👀
    In a good way! Looks great.

I like the look of it. It does look too big for that wrist though. What is the diameter? Bigger that a standard SMP?

I like the look of it. It does look too big for that wrist though. What is the diameter? Bigger that a standard SMP?
    Yes my wrist is tiny:) It's 42 mm just like a normal SM.

Yes it's 42mm wide with a lug to lug of 49mm and just over 13mm thick which I think is a little less than the normal SMP.
    My wrist is about 7.5 inches and fairly flat and it wears nicely. I have larger watches including a 45.5mm Omega PO 2500 so I can get away with something bigger. The lightness of the watch adds to the vintage feel, but it still retains decent wrist presence.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Yes it's 42mm wide with a lug to lug of 49mm and just over 13mm thick which I think is a little less than the normal SMP.
    My wrist is about 7.5 inches and fairly flat and it wears nicely. I have larger watches including a 45.5mm Omega PO 2500 so I can get away with something bigger. The lightness of the watch adds to the vintage feel, but it still retains decent wrist presence.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Darn you! That looks a handsome watch. Certainly is growing on me. It’s a shame it’s on the expensive side. BTW - it seems to fit you perfectly. Congratulations.

Saw one last week in my AD window on a nato. It looks great in the flesh

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 2020

Are these readily available? A local watch dealer has an unworn one at 8495 or something absolutely crazy!

RRP is 6925 or something mental!

Last edited by Euan Begbie; 30th December 2020 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post
    Are these readily available? A local watch dealer has an unworn one at 8295 or something absolutely crazy!

They are readily available in my experience... RRP varies depending on the bracelet / strap I think

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post
    Are these readily available? A local watch dealer has an unworn one at 8495 or something absolutely crazy!

Just buy them online - from the comfort of your own home!

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21090422001001

£7880 on bracelet / NATO £6950
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 30th December 2020 at 20:35.

These do look good in the real world pictures, I especially like the bezel, however I can’t get past the broad arrow on the dial... it’s just not needed IMO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The only thing that would put me off to be honest is that it’s titanium. Always looks and feels cheap to me.
    I’m the opposite and prefer titanium. But the 007 branding puts me off (it’s a cheap gimmick). No, I’m mistaken: it’s not cheap but over six grand!