closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Great iPad & iPhone games

Great iPad & iPhone games

There's a recently revived thread on iPad games in the Boy's Room, but I think the topic will get more traction here.

I've been playing (badly) Sonic CD. And until iOS 13 broke them, the two Rayman Run games were a lot of fun. There's a game called Captain Cowboy that's s bit like Repton, if you liked that one back in the day. (Repton is on the iPad too, actually!)

Do you have a recommendation for a good iPad (or iPhone) game? Preferably ones without IAPs, or ones with IAPs that 'unlock' the game. I've no truck with IAPs that try to keep you paying and paying...

PUBG is excellent if that's your sort of thing. 8 Ball Pool is also good but too addictive. Both have IAP to a degree but not for the purposes of unlocking levels, more for buying different outfits or upgrading cues. Neither needed and I don't purchase on either app.

You should try a 1 month sub to Apple Arcade. The games look really good. As for a game recommendation, I’ve been enjoying SpellTower+.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    You should try a 1 month sub to Apple Arcade. The games look really good. As for a game recommendation, I’ve been enjoying SpellTower+.
    I've been playing the original Spelltower a bit too. That's a cracking game! :)

I’m an old school point&click adventure games fan and Thimbleweed Park is a great and fun recent game in that genre.

Golf Clash.

Tetris

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    PUBG is excellent if that's your sort of thing. 8 Ball Pool is also good but too addictive. Both have IAP to a degree but not for the purposes of unlocking levels, more for buying different outfits or upgrading cues. Neither needed and I don't purchase on either app.
    If you like PUBG then give Call of Duty Mobile ago. It has the same battle royal mode as well as some other FPS modes to try...
    another team shooter is Tacticool. It is a 5v5 shooter which is fun and quick to play. Although last time I went on it had been a bit spoilt buy all the Pay to Play brigade who have tooled themselves up to a level far beyond those that haven’t which makes it a lot less fun.

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Golf Clash.
    +1

Easy to waste hours on this.

Grand Master
    Mario Kart & Score Hero
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Mario Kart & Score Hero
    2nd vote for Mario Kart Tour. Very addictive...to the point of getting hooked enough to pay £5pm for a gold pass.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    2nd vote for Mario Kart Tour. Very addictive...to the point of getting hooked enough to pay £5pm for a gold pass.
    The pass isn’t really worth it. But you can exchange player id and compete for fun which is cool.

Currently Tier 33
    RIAC

The pass isn’t really worth it. But you can exchange player id and compete for fun which is cool.

Currently Tier 33
    I totally get I’m a sucker and the gameplay is the same whether you subscribe or not! I figure I’m getting a fivers worth of entertainment per month out of it at the moment...but it does show how cunning the pay-to-upgrade nature of gaming has become as it preys on people’s psychology of wanting reward.

Get some time in...Tier 40.
    Last edited by Christian; 21st February 2020 at 10:42.

Grand Master
    Cool. What player level are you 50’s?
    RIAC

My bad...got confused over Tier/player levels...I’m only Tier 29, player level 41. I’d better get some time in. 😂

Grand Master
    Send me
    Your id I’ll ok you mine now
    RIAC

Send me
    Your id I’ll ok you mine now

Quote Originally Posted by L8_M8 View Post
    If you like PUBG then give Call of Duty Mobile ago. It has the same battle royal mode as well as some other FPS modes to try...
    Like an idiot I downloaded it, didn't really understand it, deleted and went back to PUBG. Will give it a other go over the weekend.

The two Alto games: advetures and odessy; they look great but for some reason I've found the hard to get into. Essentially they're endless runners so perhaps that's the thing--I like to complete games, or a level, and you don't really do that on endless runners.

Another good point and click puzzle game is Love You To Bits. Each level you have to find a part of a robot that's been blown to bits and scattered on lots of different worlds. Each world is one level. There's a lot of variety in the levels I've played so far and it's not been too difficult.

Master
    Monument Valley
    The Room series
    Banner Saga
    Plague Inc.