closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The ultimate G-SHOCK

The ultimate G-SHOCK

When the first MRG’s and MTG’s hit the market, I was amased that anyone could be interested in buying a Gshock at those prices. And even more so when the LE-versions came out, and at even sillier prices. And now, firmely attached to my wrist, the MRG-G2000HA-1adr. I was lucky to land this deal at a favorable price, but I had to spend over 20 times as much as my other G-shocks. Seeing the watch in the flesh for the first time yesterday made my jaw drop. It was really descrete and somewhat classy, and much more toned down than I was expecting. The delicate brownish/violet colour of the brachelet, case and dial and the subtle copper colored bezel and hands, really complements each other. The toned down blue seconds hand and city dial are also a nice contribution to the overall quality feel. The Bluetooth app also impresses me. Very nicely executed and with really practical uses. I really liked the possibility to micro adjust all hands and displays induvidually through the app. The watch was really hard to photograph and get the colours right. Here some recent images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a difficult watch to pull off but you've managed it! It looks much better on your wrist than in any of the press shots I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    That's a difficult watch to pull off but you've managed it! It looks much better on your wrist than in any of the press shots I've seen.
    Thanks.

Superb!!! The 2000 series visually appeals more than the 1000 and I do find that 'gold' colours are more muted in real life.

I've been content with my Titanium B5000 - G shock DLC is really, really fantastic.

Looks quite good and nice pics as well.👍
    How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

Sorry, but ....

I was going to write this in the Draft Thread, but seeing as Eddie has just locked it down ....

I'm sorry, but despite your superb photos, I think it looks hideous. Casio should stick to G-Shocks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Looks quite good and nice pics as well.
    They were £6500 RRP on the GShock site. Out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    I was going to write this in the Draft Thread, but seeing as Eddie has just locked it down ....

I'm sorry, but despite your superb photos, I think it looks hideous. Casio should stick to G-Shocks.
    It is a G Shock....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It is a G Shock....
    I meant the usual cheap plastic things.

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    They were £6500 RRP on the GShock site. Out of stock.
    Indeed they were: https://g-shock.co.uk/mrg-g2000ha-1adr

Depreciation looks pretty horrific - used example (worn half a dozen times) currently on eBay.

Master
    Not a bad looker, though rather LOUD. NOT at that sort of price though!!!
    Can't make up my mind about the texturing on the Bezel & bracelet. Kind of looks interesting, but also like its suffered an acid attack!

So much for me hoping that you would not like it...
    On a more serious note, bloody awesome!

Very loud but definitely has impact!

I prefer the CasiOAK:

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Looks quite good and nice pics as well.
    £1.700. Worn indoors a few times. :-)

Master
    Looks excellent, will be buying one......if I win the lotto tonight.

Great buy👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tagesol View Post
    When the first MRG’s and MTG’s hit the market, I was amased that anyone could be interested in buying a Gshock at those prices. And even more so when the LE-versions came out, and at even sillier prices. And now, firmely attached to my wrist, the MRG-G2000HA-1adr. I was lucky to land this deal at a favorable price, but I had to spend over 20 times as much as my other G-shocks. Seeing the watch in the flesh for the first time yesterday made my jaw drop. It was really descrete and somewhat classy, and much more toned down than I was expecting. The delicate brownish/violet colour of the brachelet, case and dial and the subtle copper colored bezel and hands, really complements each other. The toned down blue seconds hand and city dial are also a nice contribution to the overall quality feel. The Bluetooth app also impresses me. Very nicely executed and with really practical uses. I really liked the possibility to micro adjust all hands and displays induvidually through the app. The watch was really hard to photograph and get the colours right. Here some recent images.

Awesome .

Hand made bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Awesome .

Hand made bezel?
    Yes, sort of. Knocked with a hammer apparantly.

Master
    Bloody awesome.

Reminds me of hammered cymbals.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Awesome .

Hand made bezel?
    Yes, sort of. Knocked with a hammer apparantly.

Very cool bezel. Nuts at retail but £1.7k is a very different story. The cases and bezels for the Mr G series are made in Grand Seiko Japan I believe. If you Google "Casio grand Seiko" you will see a link to a WuS thread. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Very cool bezel. Nuts at retail but £1.7k is a very different story. The cases and bezels for the Mr G series are made in Grand Seiko Japan I believe. If you Google "Casio grand Seiko" you will see a link to a WuS thread. Very interesting.
    Thanks for the tip. Interesting stuff.

Master
    Bargain. Well done OP. I've been in to the store to admire one a couple of times. 6.5k is a bit steep but that's a great buy

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

The ultimate G-SHOCK

Im so pleased with my recent purchase, so I bought myself another MRG. I needed one for daily USE as well. £850 for a lightly used MRG-G1000B-1a. Hope thats in bargain territory AS well. Images will follow.

Both bargains!!!

Where are you finding these bargains?!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Where are you finding these bargains?!
    Locally here in Norway at a market place called Finn.no. Seems there are little interest for expensive Casios over here.

Looks like a keeper.

Wow somebody must have taken a bath there!!! Great deal for you though, good buying.

I've never got into the whole G-Shock thing but it certainly looks well made. Not sure it could be described as discreet though

I find this, and the sales post, very confusing. I've also just realised that the first photo makes a lie of the statement that I've quoted. Unless the OP is describing the condition that it was sold to him.

So, who knows? It's good to know that my titanium 5000 isn't the maddest G-Shock on here. Nice photos, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I find this, and the sales post, very confusing. I've also just realised that the first photo makes a lie of the statement that I've quoted. Unless the OP is describing the condition that it was sold to him.
    Think that's the listing description the OP bought the watch from.

An unscrupulous person could (if they wished) open up a bogus sales post advertising this type of watch for - lets say £10k, then add a reply stating that the watch has been sold at the asking price in record time.
    The quoted post can be used later as documented evidence that the resale value of the watch is very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

So, who knows? It's good to know that my titanium 5000 isn't the maddest G-Shock on here. Nice photos, mind.
    I have not stated in my salespost that the watch was only used indoors. The former ovner stated that.

The ultimate G-SHOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    An unscrupulous person could (if they wished) open up a bogus sales post advertising this type of watch for - lets say £10k, then add a reply stating that the watch has been sold at the asking price in record time.
    The quoted post can be used later as documented evidence that the resale value of the watch is very healthy.
    Good point, that. But as you said, very unscrupolous. And what the watch actually was sold for will never be revealed. So that theory is out the door.

Last edited by tagesol; 20th February 2020 at 22:10.

Bizarre

Yes, top secret stuff.

It all makes sense now. There is a "market place called Finn.no."

That explains it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, and the watch section can be very interesting at times. The norwegian economy is still oil infused, and money sits quite loose, and buys and sales can be profitable.

I have highlighted the parts which apply to your sales post.
    The 10% dealer fee for members who sell at a profit is £1,000 on a £10,000 watch sale - your £10 donation is below par for a self declared profiteer.
    The smoke & mirrors approach may backfire on you if you can not be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Whether you're a known dealer or a covert dealer, this is for you.
    I'll allow you to "come out" as a dealer and permit you to post as long as you donate 10% of the proceeds of all sales to the forum fundraiser.
    If you are a dealer and continue to post without donating, don't be surprised if you find yourself locked out.
    All dealer posts should include the word "dealer" in the description and all donations should reference the item sold.
    Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Some dealers have been honest about this and others who appear to be dealers still maintain that it's a hobby.
    I started Time Factors as a hobby but make no mistake, I never thought I wasn't a dealer.
    If you're selling to make a profit, you're a dealer (although as a dealer, I didn't always manage to make a profit).
    Eddie
    .......And what the watch actually was sold for will never be revealed. So that theory is out the door.
    Enjoy your undisclosed profit - at the expense of the forum fundraiser.
    Last edited by Reeny; 21st February 2020 at 10:25.

Only just seen the sales post, couldn't figure out if it was a joke or not. Bizarre reading to say the least.