closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tiffany&co chronograph

Tiffany&co chronograph

There is a Tiffany&co gold chronograph watch for sale locally. What is collective wisdom about it - is it redial, potential value?

I would need to see higher res photos, but with no knowledge of Tiffany's range i think it unlikely that an American company's watch would have a French Telemetre scale in km.
    Dave

Didn't Tiffany rebrand UG?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Looks like a Chronographe Suisse where someone's added a Tiffany branded dial - if the movement's a Landeron 48 or similar they definitely didn't begin life together.

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Looks like a Chronographe Suisse where someone's added a Tiffany branded dial - if the movement's a Landeron 48 or similar they definitely didn't begin life together.

I would agree..

As for branding other watch companies - yes. Rolex and Patek to name a couple. Tiffany started life as a jewellers, not a watch maker. I believe even B&M make watches for them today.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Yep I concur with the above, that is a Chronographe Suisse with either a replacement or repainted dial or maybe just one that was sold out of a Tiffany store originally. The cases while 18K are wafer thin and lugs bend as with a gust of wind. There is about 6g of 18K gold in them max. What is the asking price? Even a mint C Suisse struggles to make £500 usually even though some are from the 40s onwards and do make for a nice piece on the wrist