closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart 500 GMT

Steinhart 500 GMT

Looking at a Steinhart 500 GMT and I notice that the Titanium version is the same price as the Stainless Steel version albeit 42mm dia above the 38mm dia case. Same movement and all the other specs as far as I’ve noticed.
    Now I’ve always expected a titanium watch to be more expensive. Am I missing something?
    I’ve had a few G&Ts so my fault if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have the 500 GMT premium, initially intending to buy the 39mm version in steel. I have no idea why they are priced the same, as on the wrist they are distinctly different animals. The 42mm is a chunky beast, but as it's titanium I found it to be very wearable, the 39mm is really too small even for my 6.3/4" wrist (the wife has a 39mm pink MOP Ocean One). That being said, the build quality of both is pretty good at the price point.
    If you are thinking of buying one, I would try them both first.

Master
    The Steinhart titanium is a perfect beater IMO. If you're a fusspot, there was an issue with the bracelet and case being slightly different in shade/colour. It never bothered me but it may you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    stefmcd is correct re the bracelet. I didn't realise when I bought mine, it was only on it being brought to my attention that I became aware of it. It's only really noticeable at certain angles in certain light. I don't know if it's as a result of different finishing or a different grade of titanium. You will find that the clasp has a distinctly different finish, it looks more matte than brushed.
    I rather like mine which I bought as a holiday watch, but it actually gets quite a lot of wear at home as well.