closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Hols 2020

That will be a fabulous road trip above!

We are taking the kids on a two week Baltic cruise, visiting lots of countries and spending two days in St Petersburg.

It should be fabulous and educational- the wife an I did it years ago before the kids came along.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman

Starting summer Holidays early..........

Craftsman
    Just booked Marbella in April and looking to do Croatia in September. Annual Christmas trip to Lanza to be booked imminently.

Master
    Just been to Kiev...Oz for 4 weeks in August and hope to do Scottish 500 in April and then Malaga for Christmas and New Year

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post

Starting summer Holidays early..........
    Maldives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just few holidays after last years 50th bonanza!

So Fuerteventura at Easter for 1 week

A German ladís pub crawl weekend in London in at End of April

A Britís lads weekend in bloody Benidorm in June!

Main holiday, 2 weeks in Florida, 1 week of hell for the kids, the second a long way away from the hell!

Then hopefully still to arrange a TZíers lads weekend in Switzerland on tour if any of us can sort it out!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    As winter is dragging on and weíre all bored of the storms and rain, it can be cathartic to post and discuss summer holiday we are looking forward to. It seems like this has become an annual thread on the G&D.

Iíll kick off with a week in Croatia for the first week of July, followed by a week in the southern Peloponnese for the last week in August.

Kids will be 19 and 16 this year, so making the most of going on holiday before they abandon us and go off on their own holidays.
    Yeah right dream on. If they are anything like mine they will still be tagging along for a free holiday well after that! The days of "I stopped going on holiday with my parents at 17/18" seem long gone

Craftsman
    Yes, yesterday glorious sunshine, today torrential downpours- even with the weather such a beautiful place.

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Maldives?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Yeah right dream on. If they are anything like mine they will still be tagging along for a free holiday well after that! The days of "I stopped going on holiday with my parents at 17/18" seem long gone
    😂 👍

Master
    I avoid taking holidays during the summer months. Never been a sun chaser. Going to be spending a week in Lithuania next month. Also thinking of a week spent between Gdansk and Warsaw in May. Also been thinking about a trip to Kyiv. Thereíll be other trips too.

My holidays revolve around staying at my Son's place in Fla.

Going out for April/May and then usually again November/December as I like Thanksgiving, getting the tree etc.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rowbie View Post
    July (as soon as kids break up) Wife and I are taking kids, 8 and 10, to USA for 3 weeks road trip.

NYC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, NYC.

Diner food, big SUV rental, wooden roller coasters, drive-in movies, mountains/lakes, beaches, skyskrapers etc etc

Very much looking forward to showing the kids the weird and wonderful USA.
    Have you been there before? We went to Rehoboth Beach after a week in Washington. That's 10 yrs ago. We'd rented a house near School Lane. It took ages to get there and we didn't use the car anymore during the week after we'd parked it on the driveway. School Lane is pretty close to all amenities, so we walked. In general, Delaware during the summer is: parking the SUV and get to the beach on a bike / on foot. The traffic jams are monstrous but easily avoidable with the use of bikes.

Apart from this detail, it will be a great trip with kids! Lots to see and experience.

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Retired so can go anywhere, anytime etc.

Long distance flights are now a thing of the past. We went to India last year and the flights were just a PITA. Comfort take a priority when you get older.
    Have you considered flying Business or First Class? I've no experience of First but Business (Club World) on BA is sublime. It's so nice and comfy that I'm a little reluctant to get off the plane.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    +1, been there a few times and Iíll go again.

Hopefully without a sand storm in sight!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Have you considered flying Business or First Class? I've no experience of First but Business (Club World) on BA is sublime. It's so nice and comfy that I'm a little reluctant to get off the plane.
    Club world is honestly terrible! So much so people class BA first as their business offering (used to be the world's best business).

The new BA club world seats on
    select routes is a massive improvement compared to the current offering.

I'm surprised you think BA club world is sublime, the hard product isn't comfy compared to the market and until the recent switch to do&co food was poverty.

Disclaimer

I've flown both BA first & CW, when flying OW It would have to be Qatar or Qantas otherwise I stick to *A carriers

Got 5 days in Larnaca booked for the end of March, which can't come too soon, as I haven't skiied this year.

The wife and I are thinking of going to Mexico later in the year, but nothing is booked yet.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Club world is honestly terrible!

I'm surprised you think BA club world is sublime, the hard product isn't comfy compared to the market and until the recent switch to do&co food was poverty.

Disclaimer

I've flown both BA first & CW, when flying OW It would have to be Qatar or Qantas otherwise I stick to *A carriers

I'm surprised that you are surprised. Compared to Economy, Club World is sublime. My point was if comfort is stopping Mick P from going long haul, an upgrade to CW or 1st is a dramatic improvement over Economy in terms of comfort. I wasn't blown away by the food in CW but the overall experience was great.

I have no idea what you are on about in your disclaimer. It sounds like a coded message.

2 weeks in Dubai at the JA Beach. Golf, sea and eating.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master