closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Hols 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yep same here, waiting for 3 flights to be refunded. 100 days is what they say.

Got a refund for nearly 9k last week for one holiday so bulk of what we were owed is repaid.
    We have just had everything refunded from Trailfinders for a multi place booking.

They have been great.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Still waiting for our refund on our cancelled Virgin flight.
    When did you ask for the refund? I got through to them a month ago, no sign of it yet tho. Not expecting it anytime soon either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    We have just had everything refunded from Trailfinders for a multi place booking.

They have been great.
    Another vote for trailfinders. We just received the last piece of our refund for our cancelled Vietnam holiday. They have been great, mentally I had written the money off. We have used them quite a bit in the past and hope we have the opportunity to do so again the future.

I was lucky enough to return from
    A break the week before lock down started
    I am supposed to be in Greece next week but that’s been cancelled
    My planned breaks for later in the year look unlikely, so Xmas in Africa or early next is probably realistic for the next trip away.
    Not sure what I will do with myself next week? Lock down, rain, most things closed, DIY done... hit pre season training I guess - boring!!

Master
    I can see why the Spanish authorities want the tourism trade back.

The wife and I took our first trip down to the beach yesterday. Not for us for overcrowded hell on earth over the weekend as seen on the on the British TV. We plonked our seats and parasols down and we only saw someone else about 200 metres away. Two hours of bliss after being in the house for 11 weeks.

I've been waiting for virgin to refund for nearly 2.5 months, nothing so far!
    Fights and car hire of about £4500

Delta on the other hand refunded me about £3000 within 2 weeks...
    It's a bit of a lottery atm.
    Have got in contact with credit card company now re virgin as fed up of waiting - but they have a back log of 45 days also apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Travelling abroad in an aeroplane from the highly infected UK is showing a total lack of respect for the indigenous population of the country you are visiting.

Do the decent thing and prop up your own tourist industry.
    You could always buy a Campervan?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ond-conversion

Aegean Airlines cancelled the family’s flight back from Athens in August, and offered my completely inappropriate flight options.

Since they cancelled, I can select a refund under EU law, but I’ve been told that Greece has passed a (worthless) law which allows airlines to provide credit notes in lieu of refund. So, Aegean will not refund no matter what.

So, I set up a dispute with my CC company and I have a temporary credit from them which will become permanent if the dispute is found in my favour. It can take up to 90 days.

Master
    "You could always buy a Campervan?"

The Spanish really, and I mean really, hate Campervans with a vengeance. The Guardia can also be a bit heavy handed with them. Last year they banged up some Campervans near us at 1.00am in the morning and made them move on.

Master
    Another complication for Spanish tourism.

NZ has been COVID free for three weeks but unfortunately two Brits flew in on the 10th June and are now diagnosed with COVID.

This is now causing ripples in Andalucia, where I am as at present, as there is not one person being treated in any hospital.

Unfortunately the recent evidence of the lack of social distancing in the UK is scaring the Spanish people who regard the UK and USA as too risky to let in.

The authorities are desperate for UK tourists to come in because they are traditionally big spenders but they are now debating the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by rihanabrian View Post
    This summer, in mid August, me and my fiance are hoping to do a trip to the island (received our visas already), as I have never really had a chance to explore it. I hear Vancouvur is beautiful, never really having a chance to go over. Victoria, Tofino, & Ucuelet are the spots we would love to check out, and some specific other places we want to see are Mystic Beach, Sooke Pot Holes, & we would also like to go on a whale watching tour.
    super jealous but we have that planned for next year or the year after..... plus rockies too

I have some flights to Athens for the third week of August for the family. The outbound is still flying with BA, but our return flights have already been cancelled by Aegean.

We were going to just abandon the holiday and get a voucher from BA for the outbound flight if it was not cancelled.

But, looked on the sleazyjet website today and they had return flights for all 4 of us for about £280 at the end of August. So, spoke to the wife and kids and we decided to take a punt and go for it on the following rationale.

If the flights are cancelled we get a refund (eventually). If the flights go ahead and we decide we do not want to travel we will just rebook something for 2021 with EasyJet as changing flights are free.

Seem like a worthwhile punt given we would still like to travel somewhere this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Having had to move my significant birthday trip to Nepal to next year (to be fair no dramas with insurance, flights or trekking company :) ) and lucky enough to be working (very) hard from home we are going to Newquay, Cornwall in just over a week, with the added bonus of visiting my son who is at college there. Drive down, private accommodation prepped to government guidelines (earlier check out, later check in to allow more cleaning, no games or similar in the property etc.) spend most of the days outdoors walking the dog or surfing staying away from people, booked a slot / visit to the zoo which is prepped for social distancing, eating in or take aways.... no significant risk increase to staying at home in Preston hopefully......just have to avoid everyone else who has the same idea!!!!

Good luck whatever your plans, stay safe

Booked Madrid for 1st week Aug (going to be scorching hot I know) and looking at Greece for End Aug. I have a ton of holiday allowance to get through

So, with quarantine relaxed, who is going on a summer holiday?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    So, with quarantine relaxed, who is going on a summer holiday?
    For the first time in years we’ve not got anything lined up. Cancelled a cruise for December and going to wait and see before booking anything else. Luckily we live in a great place (as the news shows today because it seems like millions are heading this way) so there’s loads of great places locally we can visit.

I’m 37.5% confident we may be able to get some winter sun somewhere.

Summer Hols 2020

No, no plans to go anywhere. Usually go to France but won’t be the same with all restrictions and not worth the hassle TBH.

Incidentally, whilst the risk to individuals may be the same in another location, all of this travel people are planning will only serve to spread the virus and keep the R number up.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Booked Madrid for 1st week Aug (going to be scorching hot I know) and looking at Greece for End Aug. I have a ton of holiday allowance to get through
    Bold move opting for Madrid in August, the weather as much as the virus, best of luck.

Journeyman
    My view is that it’s pointless risking going abroad this year. Save some cash and plan for next year.

Unless a vaccine happens I won't be flying until next year.

I am usually in the US for thanksgiving but sadly can't see that happening this year.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

We have a holiday booked to Spain late August. Still up for debate as to if it goes ahead as we are travelling by coach. Just me and the missus. I think if the coach goes we will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk