closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tutankhamun v Technology

Tutankhamun v Technology

Well the last time I saw Tutankhamun's artifacts it was 1972. I went yesterday to the Saatchi gallery to view many wonderful treasures.
    It was busy, I suppose because of the half term holidays. Thoroughly enjoyed the visit. But....why does very one need to photograph every damn object with their phone or tablet? I found it very rude when I was enjoying looking at an object, a hand clasping a phone was shoved in front of my face. Can we campaign for technology free days or at least turn your phone off days!
    Still it was well worth a visit.
    Last edited by wildheart; 18th February 2020 at 14:28.

Craftsman
    I hate the obsessive nature of people wanting to photograph everything too.
    Don't get me started on selfies, or the need to watch a live concert through your phone whilst recording it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder what percentage of photographs and videos are ever looked at again. I know of work colleagues who have thousands of photographs and who pay Apple each month for the privilege of storing them, probably never to be seen again.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I wonder what percentage of photographs and videos are ever looked at again. I know of work colleagues who have thousands of photographs and who pay Apple each month for the privilege of storing them, probably never to be seen again.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    I routinely go through my phone deleting anything I don't deem important or good quality. Had the phone for approaching 3 years and I've only 178 photos on it.

Blog Entries
    First noticed this on a visit to the Lake District a few years ago. At first I tried to walk around people and avoid walking through their view but soon got fed up with that.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I was at the botanical gardens of wales and a coach full of Japanese arrived.

They all had long selfie sticks or whatever they are called.

When you get enough of those poles in a small area it can really spoil things.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I routinely go through my phone deleting anything I don't deem important or good quality. Had the phone for approaching 3 years and I've only 178 photos on it.
    Funnily enough I was browsing Facebook earlier and yet another photo of my sister-in-law popped up on my feed. She LOVES taking photos of herself so me and my daughter decided to look on her profile and count up her albums and photos. Thankfully it tells you how many photos are in each album because she has over 12,000 photos on Facebook

Master
    I left my phone at home the other day. It was pure bliss! I'm going to do it more often! I also leave it in the bedroom when I get home to stop me constanly checking it. I've noticed a lot of folks just having "phones" as opposed to "technological masterpieces"!

Master
    Agree on the technology point. I visited at the back end of 2019 and found the exhbition brilliant. The fact that a lot of the items were first time out of Egypt was also interesting.

(I did not take a single picture!)

Blog Entries
    Sometimes photos help. I took this in Egypt 2006 - Valley of the Queens - pictures help me remember:

But these weren't with a phone...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Stunning pictures... And given they were not with a phone you are let off...!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Stunning pictures... And given they were not with a phone you are let off...!
    Back at that time - I was shooting with a Nikon D40 (with a 6MP sensor) - but I somehow doubt I would have got such images with a 40MP Samsung phone... second shot was from an air balloon at dawn - that was the actual view - not edited to look like toy town!

I went to saatchi to see this ,very good and I know exactly what you mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Sometimes photos help. I took this in Egypt 2006 - Valley of the Queens - pictures help me remember:

Not sure how safe it would be to visit now. Great photos though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    On the subject of selfies, I saw someone pretty dedicated in holiday in the Lake District. On Windermere, on one of the sightseeing boats, a Japanese lady used one of those bendy type tripod mounts to fix an expensive looking camera to the handrail to take a selfie! It was pretty precarious and how it never ended up overboard I really don’t know. Would have been an expensive slip.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    I rarely take photograph and almost never selfies. My theory is that someone has already taken a better photograph than me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I rarely take photograph and almost never selfies. My theory is that someone has already taken a better photograph than me.
    This.

And as for filming / photography at gigs, just put it away and live in the moment and create memories.