closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some Hulk Help!

Craftsman

Some Hulk Help!

I've been offered a Hulk (not through TZ) And before I proceed, it would be amazing if one of my fellow TZer could take a look at the pics to check it's looks legit.

If it checks out, the deal will be done at a well respected watch maker who will also check it over. I've also spoken to someone with whom the seller has sold 2 watches to and they have confirmed he is a good seller.

I have better definition pics but these are the best I could upload here.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    If the current ‘super fakes’ are so good I wouldn’t base a buying decision on posting pictures on a forum. I’m no expert on these things but I do know that the fakes are very good.

Someone may come along and say it looks wrong, but I can’t see how anyone will say conclusively that it’s 100% right.

The back has to come off and someone who knows what he’s looking for needs to inspect the movement.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If the current ‘super fakes’ are so good I wouldn’t base a buying decision on posting pictures on a forum. I’m no expert on these things but I do know that the fakes are very good.

Someone may come along and say it looks wrong, but I can’t see how anyone will say conclusively that it’s 100% right.

The back has to come off and someone who knows what he’s looking for needs to inspect the movement.
    I totally agree with you - I just wanted a checkin with those more knowledgable than me before I get it fully checked out by a watch maker.

Master
    I'm no expert but I've always noticed the fakes just get the numbers on the bezel slightly off. I look at bottom inverted square part of the "5" in the 50 and the thickness of the numbers just look a bit thinner than the official one. https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...10lv-0002.html

My guess is this is a fake.

Master
    Am I seeing some misalignment between the 3 and the 0 in 30 on the bezel?

Master
    I doubt even a watchmaker can tell.
    I’d not be happy unless returned to a RSC.
    Is there one close by that you could have an extra link fitted?
    A strange thing happened when I took my 16710 in for an insert change.
    They took the watch and visually inspected it for a few seconds then passed it under the counter to what I can only imagine is some sort of verification equipment/process.
    After several seconds they acknowledged it was fine and proceeded to write up the job.
    I was going to ask but I knew they would never have said to me!

Master
    Some pics to explain what I mean. The main pic is from the official Rolex website, compared to crops of the OPs pictures. The inner 5 (denoted by a orange dot in the main pic, so looks like a small square paddle - just seems too large on the OPs pics compared to the Rolex one.

Could be totally wrong of course but from all the YouTube/Instagram posts comparing real and fakes online - that was always the tell I could spot straight away.

Case-back off....end of ...movements are also being faked well now but can be differentiated ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cKJp5cpn8

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    I doubt even a watchmaker can tell.
    The super-fakes have fake Rolex movements, with the characteristic red reverser wheels, but the balance is always wrong. It needs careful inspection by someone who knows what to look for, I'm not talking about whipping the back off and having a glance!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Case-back off....end of ...movements are also being faked well now but can be differentiated ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cKJp5cpn8
    Yup - its easy when you have a real one to compare with - pretty obvious in that video but not something the OP can really do, and why these scammers can get away with it.

Master
    There’s not going to be any obvious tells with the super fakes, need to inspect under loupe or better still open up the caseback. Check watch serial against watch register also.

Not sure what the price is, presumably it’s a very good deal. Got to ask yourself who would be selling right now at a decent discount given rumours swirling of Hulk discontinuation with Submariner line refresh.
    I personally wouldn’t spend so much if I don’t fully “buy the seller”.

Seems like a lot of hassle and risk. There is a nice one on here that hasn’t been worn. What price is the one you have found? Assume there is a big difference to the one on SC?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The super-fakes have fake Rolex movements, with the characteristic red reverser wheels, but the balance is always wrong. It needs careful inspection by someone who knows what to look for, I'm not talking about whipping the back off and having a glance!
    I appreciate that, I was talking about super fakes though.
    The ones that have RSC raising an eyebrow.

Now the fakes are so good, and the stakes (ie the prices!) are so high, the only Rolex I’d buy now would be brand new from an AD, face to face. A quick glance at these kinds of threads shows what a minefield it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the comments and views. I'll give this one a miss and wait for one to come up on TZ.

FYI it was a 2016 for £10.5k

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Now the fakes are so good, and the stakes (ie the prices!) are so high, the only Rolex I’d buy now would be brand new from an AD, face to face. A quick glance at these kinds of threads shows what a minefield it is now.

I do agree completely. New us the only way to go with today’s super fakes. I was surprised to read above or see the video link that even the movement is faked now to look almost identical to a Rolex one!!!
    I would not sleep having bought a watch, used. No no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rori View Post
    I do agree completely. New us the only way to go with today’s super fakes. I was surprised to read above or see the video link that even the movement is faked now to look almost identical to a Rolex one!!!
    I would not sleep having bought a watch, used. No no no.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

There are some trusted people I would buy from. Mike Wood and Milton's being two of them. Other than that I would be too scared to buy something like that pre-owned. There are of course sellers on here where the history is well known of said watch which I'd also be happy to buy from but I wouldn't touch this.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 18th February 2020 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    High risk strategy and photos are inconclusive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Life's full of risk...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Some pics to explain what I mean. The main pic is from the official Rolex website, compared to crops of the OPs pictures. The inner 5 (denoted by a orange dot in the main pic, so looks like a small square paddle - just seems too large on the OPs pics compared to the Rolex one.

Could be totally wrong of course but from all the YouTube/Instagram posts comparing real and fakes online - that was always the tell I could spot straight away.
    Very interesting. This got me googling and the AD name on the warranty has a different address. But more interestingly one of the biggest outlets for fake Rolex in Taiwan sells Hulks.

Here’s a screen grab of the same area..

Website is : http://www.replica-watches.cn/Rolex/Submariner-c19.html

Some Hulk Help!

I have to say I’m surprised the market for Rolex sports watches is still so buoyant. Not because they are hard to get, or because the prices are (in my opinion) absolutely crazy, but because the price rises, coupled with some amazing quality fakes, mean I would simply never consider buying one in any other way than brand new from an AD. Which effectively makes a used Rolex worthless to those people like me who won’t take the risk with that kind of money. I’d rather spend £10k on something guaranteed genuine than £7k on something very possibly fake and therefore worthless. It’s a real shame that the prices have risen so much that they’ve attracted serious criminal activity, producing excellent quality but effectively valueless fakes. I’m not saying I’m right to be so cautious but if enough people feel as I do, the used market goes ‘pop’ in an instant!