closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GS SBGH269 Strap Suggestions

Banned
    Blog Entries

GS SBGH269 Strap Suggestions

I have one of these incoming, but I want to wear it on a leather strap rather than the SS bracelet on which it is supplied. I would welcome suggestions for suitable styles, colours and suppliers. Picturing braceleted watches on leather straps is an absolute blindspot for me, so thanks in advance.
    A web pic just to add context of the watch in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Skyman; 18th February 2020 at 00:37.

Lovely watch. What about speaking to Pav on here. He made me a lovely burgundy strap for my Panerai the colour would fit perfect if the rest of the strap was tailored to the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Go big or go home

You’ve got a slight dichotomy when thinking of leather for this - a finely finished case (arguing for a fine strap) but a very deep one, arguing for something sportier.

For my money, to best resolve this I would have Camille Fournet make me a custom alligator, carrying on past the (straight) spring bars with curved ends fitting more closely to the case.

The only trouble then is colour, and the world is your lobster. While the natural inclination might be red, I think that I personally would avoid reds (or browns) and go with a mid grey to keep all the focus on the dial.

Really though, this is the sort of thing where you’ll have as might answers as answerers. You’ve gotta go with what you like yourself.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Go big or go home

Mm, had not thought of a tentacles effect.

Are you planning on wearing it for a while on the bracelet once you receive it? I can't suggest strap colours, you could join the 'grand seiko owners club' (sic) on Facebook and have a poke around in there. I tried my SBGH001 on leather but went back to the bracelet and it's stayed like that ever since. I've heard complaints that the GS bracelet isn't as good as Rolex but I think the Hi-Beat one really is no worse than the current Rolex bracelet. No adjustment on the clasp though, which is always a shame these days.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure on size but the burgundy alligator on my SBGR061 would suit that dial. Timely question this as I am tempted to but a snowflake and put it in a leather as I am not a fan of the bracelet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Are you planning on wearing it for a while on the bracelet once you receive it? I can't suggest strap colours, you could join the 'grand seiko owners club' (sic) on Facebook and have a poke around in there. I tried my SBGH001 on leather but went back to the bracelet and it's stayed like that ever since. I've heard complaints that the GS bracelet isn't as good as Rolex but I think the Hi-Beat one really is no worse than the current Rolex bracelet. No adjustment on the clasp though, which is always a shame these days.
    I shall certainly try the bracelet for a while, but my preference currently is for leather on my watches. It is nice this watch, like many others in the GS range, have lugholes, making the whole changeover process that much easier.

Master
    Here’s mine on a leather strap. The pics aren’t great but are all I have on my phone. Happy to take some more tonight if you want

Master
    I think you saw mine on the GS thread - dark blue GS strap. Strangely it works very well with the red and far more in the flesh than my picture did justice. My wife didn’t like the pictures when I showed her when I bought it but loved it as soon as she saw it and has tried to acquire it for herself :-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I think you saw mine on the GS thread - dark blue GS strap. Strangely it works very well with the red and far more in the flesh than my picture did justice. My wife didn’t like the pictures when I showed her when I bought it but loved it as soon as she saw it and has tried to acquire it for herself :-)
    Indeed I did!

Craftsman
    A lovely watch and I think it looks great on the bracelet. Having said that, the blue described below sounds nice and at the risk of going a bit Christmas, a dark green (or even an olive) might work well.

I'd get yourself to Jean Rosseau and literally play around with the colour combos to get the absolute perfect combination. I've done this now 3 times and find custom is the only answer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Some very helpful suggestions here, for which thank you. Having a play with the CF configurator! The watch is being delivered tomorrow, so once seen in the flesh it will be any easier process to make a decision, I hope.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'd get yourself to Jean Rosseau and literally play around with the colour combos to get the absolute perfect combination. I've done this now 3 times and find custom is the only answer.
    Just off to the NYC boutique now! Thanks for the recommendation.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd avoid red unless it's an exact colour match, (which will be impossible I expect). Maybe a black or very dark blue might be nice?

Apprentice
    How about something along the lines of the shark skin strap from the Godzilla?

*pic from google images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    JR it is. A stock blue alligator for new watch day tomorrow, plus one or two from these babies. The far right is a darker blue in real life, water resistant alligator.

Master
    I have a silver dial Hi-Beat GMT bought on bracelet which has a 19mm lug width. I got a deployant clasp from Seiyajapan and a Hirsh blue aligator strap from Watch Obsession. The straps do come in other colours.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    All sorted thanks to JR in NYC. Colour rendition on my phone is crap. The righthand strap is a deep burgundy, which turns out to be a perfect match for the wondrous dial of the 269. Green on the left is Reverso bound. Btw, a great buying experience to be had in the Madison Avenue boutique.