timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secrid wallet

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Secrid wallet

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/collections/secrid

There is a 10% discount code knocking about somewhere but can’t put my finger on it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wjkerfoot; 23rd February 2020 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Thanks MB2. So basically it’s about 20mm if you deduct the tile and multi-tool? About what I thought, and maybe a bit too thick for my preference. Thinking of going back to a Bellroy Slim Sleeve (my previous one has been requisitioned by the wife 🙄) but was tempted to try the secrid instead. I think the Slim Sleeve wins out by a few millimetres, but when I’m carrying it along with my phone in the same front pocket every millimetre counts!
    I moved from a bellroy slim sleeve to a secrid. Never looked back!

On my second secrid now as I wanted a different colour! The first I now keep as my travel wallet!

Mine tapers from 18mm to 16mm with €45 (3 notes). Driving license with tile slim in one pocket and medical insurance card and 4 business cards in the other pocket

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I moved from a bellroy slim sleeve to a secrid. Never looked back!

On my second secrid now as I wanted a different colour! The first I now keep as my travel wallet!

Mine tapers from 18mm to 16mm with €45 (3 notes). Driving license with tile slim in one pocket and medical insurance card and 4 business cards in the other pocket
    Hmmm, food for thought then. I sometimes found it a bit difficult to push notes back into the slim sleeve (I used to keep them in the inner left pocket - the non-pull tab side). Do you find it easier than the Bellroy to access cash behind the card holder section?

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/collections/secrid

There is a 10% discount code knocking about somewhere but can’t put my finger on it at the moment.

WINTER10 on the London Luggage Company.

Ask me how I know! B*stards!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Secrid wallet

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Hmmm, food for thought then. I sometimes found it a bit difficult to push notes back into the slim sleeve (I used to keep them in the inner left pocket - the non-pull tab side). Do you find it easier than the Bellroy to access cash behind the card holder section?
    Yes much easier. You can slot the money in horizontally or vertically. I prefer horizontally but I find it good to fold over the right hand side of the notes to keep it all neat and tidy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Yes much easier. You can slot the money in horizontally or vertically. I prefer horizontally but I find it good to fold over the right hand side of the notes to keep it all neat and tidy!
    Thanks, it’s definitely something to consider further I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    WINTER10 on the London Luggage Company.

Ask me how I know! B*stards!
    You owe me, just went to that link and bought a new one in blue

Secrid wallet

It’s a sickness I tell you!

I hope you personalised it, too
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It’s a sickness I tell you!

I hope you personalised it, too
    That goes without saying...

Arrived a couple of days ago whilst I was away, impressively quick service!

If anyone wants a worn in black one for a donation to the FR let me know

Have pm'd you with a view to taking you up on this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posted to Mark, after his generous donation to the fundraiser .

Has anyone tried one of the Secrid Cardslides? I'm sort of in the mood for a new wallet to replace my Bellroy.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    If anyone has a Beales near them, they may still have some Secrid wallets in there closing down sale.
    I was in the Poole store today and they had several.
    Shame I bought one last week elsewhere.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Arrived a couple of days ago whilst I was away, impressively quick service!

If anyone wants a worn in black one for a donation to the FR let me know
    what model is the blue one ?
    Thanks

It’s a slim wallet in original navy.

OK, I've caved, just bought a min wallet. Looking forward to getting it!
    Dave E

Ok I’ve caved as well . Just went for personalised mini in brown

Black one arrived in good used condition from Matt. Used for the first time yesterday, five cards in no probs. Just need to raid the wifes purse now to fill up with notes :-)
    Cheers Matt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Damn this forum lol, secrid slim in Dutch Martin whisky ordered, Ive been using a saddleback cardholder one for around 15 years and no real reason to change but this forum made me do it lol

Looking for another one for my dad in good used condition if anyone is upgrading.
    Yes this forum is a bad influence

Master
    This thread is infectious, bought a mini the other day. God it’s small but makes you just carry what you need. 6 cards and £60 in cash is just enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wallet with zip closure?

I've been using a Bellroy Very Small for the last 5 years and have been very happy with it (I also have a Bellroy Elements Pocket which is basically the same wallet, only waterproof).

There are only two things I don't like about it - you have to fold bank notes in 3 to fit them, and there's no real coin storage. I do, however, really like the security of the full zip closure.

I'm bucking the trend here, and I am now looking for a slightly larger wallet and I'm tempted by the Bellroy Zip (though not cheap at £95) or the Bellroy Women's Leather Pocket Mini (ignore the name!).

Before I commit, any suggestions for other zipped closure wallets that I should look at?

Master
    I've had a mini for years and love it. I recently visited Riverside museum in Glasgow and they had a nice selection on display in their gift shop, first time I've ever seen them for sale in a shop. I was tempted to buy a new one but decided to stick with my battered but perfectly functioning old one!

On a separate note the Riverside museum is well worth a visit.
    Last edited by Craig; 2nd March 2020 at 23:07.

For those who chose the ones with the stud can I ask why ?
    Thanks

Because it keeps the flap from flapping about when you have filled the card pockets with receipts and have a bundle of notes in it.

Keeps it all neat and tidy!

My miniwallet arrived a short while ago, initial impressions are good. A bit smaller than the Bellroy I've been using (although appreciably thicker), I like it though. The lever thing that ejects the cards is quite fun.
    Dave E

Master
    Mine slim arrived last night, very pleased with it loaded much more into it than I expected and I still haven’t tired of “pick a card any card “ to myself when I use it lol. The Dutch Martin finish is lovely I’m sure it’ll age well and it’s something a bit different from the usual black or plain brown etc, my saddleback one is now being held in reserve it’s served me well and no issues at all in 13 years but this secrid is so much easier to get cards out of for a very similar size.

Just order a slim vintage black. I wanted matte black but sold out. Thanks to OP and discount code/website heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    For those who chose the ones with the stud can I ask why ?
    Thanks
    Had both, with and without stud. Much prefer the one with the stud, the one without stud was always open in my pocket or some crap like a key or a coin etc. had got into it.

The slim vintage arrived today and it is very compact. I may have to reduce the number of cards I carry.

Craftsman
    Currently 2 secrid in my household, first I picked up on here, now “permanently borrowed” by my daughter. Second I purchased in London. Spotted them in a surf shop in Key West so thought I may grab another, $139. Having a laugh. I’ll wait till back in Blighty thanks.

My daughter bought me one of these a couple of years ago. In a (rare!) moment of great foresight and caring, she thought the ‘flippy thing to whizz the cards up’ would help me out. I have issues with my hands that means gripping small items is a bit of a challenge.

Well, I have to say it was a genius move on her part. Secure storage for my cards plus some cash and easy access to them too, so that when we’re out as a family it’s easy for me to pay.

Oh, hang on..... how bleeding thick am I?

I've had mine couple of weeks now since this thread popped up after wondering about buying one in the past and it's great, so thanks all for tempting me again

I can fit my phone and wallet in one pocket and I'm still loving the card popup action when I need a card

Not finding the need for having much cash anymore ssh use my card for most now and I've not been stashing many receipts in my wallet either, perhaps on a holiday I'll find it a little more restricting, who knows