closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secrid wallet

Master

Secrid wallet

I’ve decided to buy a Secrid, but undecided on whether to get the Slim or Mini.
    What’s the general opinion?

Craftsman
    Slim for me. The button isn’t needed and just adds bulk.

I got the metal secrid without wallet. Bit of a mistake...means you can’t put anything else in your pocket because it’s metal so it will either scratch a mobile or get scratched by keys. Definitely get the wallet with a leather cover.

I've got the Secrid wallet. I like the pop up card holder. Vintage leather. Nice EDC.

I went for the mini but would possibly go for the other one next time. You can trap train tickets or similar with the button version though, I'd miss that. Incredibly durable, been using mine all day everyday for years now.

I have the popper version and sometimes use it to trap extra stuff like a ticket.

Single stack popper version for me it holds -

A few card in the metal bit
    Notes - more than you would expect
    Multi tool, tile and Nero cards in one pocket, oyster card stamps etc in the other

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Single stack popper version for me it holds -

A few card in the metal bit
    Notes - more than you would expect
    Multi tool, tile and Nero cards in one pocket, oyster card stamps etc in the other
    The popper helps with carrying more notes.

Blog Entries
    Neither. Buy an I-Clip.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I've been using my Slim for years, went for that over the Mini on the thinking that the popper would add bulk however I don't think that it'd make much difference TBH.

Love these wallets. Nothing else comes close for me.

I went for the Mini. The popper does not add that much bulk, a few mm but means that the wallet doesn’t flop open when you have a few notes and are using both wallet slots. Also feels a bit more secure when full.

If you only put a card in one of the wallet slots and no more that 2 notes then it may stay closed!

However, be aware that the card ejector can only really hold 4 embossed cards. 5 gets tough to eject. If you have a mix of embossed and flat then it can hold more. Mine has 4 embossed and 1 flat.

I was sat with a table of clients in Amsterdam, when it came to pay all 8 of them pulled out secrid wallets! I then bought the mini wallet with popper as I like to carry a few notes and save work receipts. I then bought the card protector for days when I want to carry just cards.

I would rather the mini wallet as when the leather softens I don’t want it flapping about and folding back in my pocket.

I gues it depends how many cards you want to carry

I’ve pretty much tried every slim wallet going. Thinnest and best is Loft of Cambie Wolyt sleeve.

Master
    Thanks all for your response.
    I looked at the I-clip and the Cambie Wollyt which look really neat designs.
    I thought that the fastener on the Mini wallet might add unnecessary bulk, but that seems not
    to be the case, so I’m going for the Mini Wallet.

Cheers all

I wanted to try out a Secrid and bought a Mini from sales corner a couple of years ago. It replaced an already small Bellroy wallet, which now languishes in a drawer, and has served me well. Cards, train tickets, cash, a weeks worth of receipts and the occasional Air BnB key have all been stored in it. The clip fastener is a barely there feature and really helps to keep everything contained.

I've been using a Mini daily for the last couple of years and I can have my Oyster card in the flap bit and just touch the button side onto the reader.

Grand Master
    Had one for 5 years and love it, just brought the button version as with more than a few cards and notes in it flops open out of pocket without it
    RIAC

5 years user here
    Great buy

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Neither. Buy an I-Clip.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    This

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    I was sat with a table of clients in Amsterdam, when it came to pay all 8 of them pulled out secrid wallets! I then bought the mini wallet with popper as I like to carry a few notes and save work receipts. I then bought the card protector for days when I want to carry just cards.

I would rather the mini wallet as when the leather softens I don’t want it flapping about and folding back in my pocket.

I gues it depends how many cards you want to carry
    Lot of them in Amsterdam. And remarkable that all Dutchies wanted to pay or was it a Dutch treat?
    Last edited by Mark020; 18th February 2020 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    Lot of them in Amsterdam. And remarkable that all Dutchies wanted to pay or was it a Dutch treat?
    They wanted to go Dutch
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

i had a mini but it tore were the button was as I kept it too full so went for a slim next
    if it ever needs keeping closed - I use one of the wife's hair bands

Don't forget to register your wallet on the secrid website - you'll get an extra year's warranty on top of the standard 2 if you do

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    i had a mini but it tore were the button was as I kept it too full so went for a slim next
    if it ever needs keeping closed - I use one of the wife's hair bands

Don't forget to register your wallet on the secrid website - you'll get an extra year's warranty on top of the standard 2 if you do
    Cheers I'll do that

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    They wanted to go Dutch
    I think they all wanted to show of their fancy Dutch wallets. 😉

I went for a slim for this reason:

The Slim wallet is the same as the mini-wallet, but the difference is that it is a bit wider and there is also no button to hold the wallet together. The extra space helps to store more cards. Even though it is slimmer than mini-wallet, it takes the same space in your pocket.

Ive had it for a couple of years and find it stays shut better with age.

@Klunk - enjoy your new Secrid!

Since I bought this one, I've bought another three as presents, everyone who sees them, loves them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    @Klunk - enjoy your new Secrid!

Since I bought this one, I've bought another three as presents, everyone who sees them, loves them.

It arrived today, I’m very impressed with how compact it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you who carry cash with a secrid how much do you typically carry? I normally carry £80-£100 cash in 20's for emergencies but do go into it if shops don't take care or it's a family business etc. I had one of these with the button about 8 years ago but gave it to my mum as it wasn't good for notes. Much changed? Looks like there are different versions now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    For those of you who carry cash with a secrid how much do you typically carry? I normally carry £80-£100 cash in 20's for emergencies but do go into it if shops don't take care or it's a family business etc. I had one of these with the button about 8 years ago but gave it to my mum as it wasn't good for notes. Much changed? Looks like there are different versions now.
    Just managed to get eight 50 euro notes into it.
    It's a snug fit, but not much of a problem.

Craftsman
    Got mine as a present from my brother for my birthday. Used it every day for the last two years. Wouldn’t be without it.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Just managed to get eight 50 euro notes into it.
    It's a snug fit, but not much of a problem.
    Interesting, might give one another go. The last one I had was a weird bright blue, not sure what I was thinking. Something a bit more sober like the photos within this thread will be nice.

Secrid wallet

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That’d be fine in the new ones, I normally have in the ballpark of 3 notes and a few expenses receipts at a time. Here’s my slim today with 4 cards, driving licence, security pass , 40 quid and 3 receipts.

Hmm this is what I have at the moment which is quite good for receipts although I've spent the day in Birmingham and all my expense receipts are scrunched up in my jacket pocket!

8 cards in a 6 card wallet. Could probably get that down to 7 if I tried. Wallet is a lot more compact than it looks but not a patch on Secrid.

Master
    Take a look at Vaultskin wallets - I have the City & Chelsea, both excellent.

Master
    Had the secrid mini for about 5/6 years now. Best wallet I’ve ever had.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Secrid Mini for me, had it about 12 months, absolutely love it.

Here's mine

Master
    I actually went for the twin ( after using the single). It's been brilliant and doesn't feel at all uncomfortable in the pocket.

maseman

Best wallets going in my opinion, got one for my Dad and he loves it also.

I was an All-ett evangelist for years (and still believe it’s the best wallet for back-pocketers), but switched to the Secrid and have never looked back.

Shouldn’t of read this thread, just bought another in blue this time

Master
    Could someone who has a slim or mini do me a favour and measure the thickness of the main wallet (minus any popper if the mini) with a card in each of the additional slots and maybe a note or two folded in as well?

Thanks in advance, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Could someone who has a slim or mini do me a favour and measure the thickness of the main wallet (minus any popper if the mini) with a card in each of the additional slots and maybe a note or two folded in as well?

Thanks in advance, Andy
    22 - 24 mm - it tapers slightly.

This does include a multi-tool and Tile which are 4mm, a few notes, Oyster Card in one slot and a few bits in the other (as well as the Tile & tool) - it is what I mormally have in it although the notes a bit low.

The pockets are so useful - when I buy a train ticket I tuck the return in with the Oyster Card and fold up my day's receipts into the notes part itself. Mine is a few years old now and has probably strteched a bit - it was a gift from a Dutch colleague but there is a good reason almost everyone in Holland carries one now !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    22 - 24 mm - it tapers slightly.

This does include a multi-tool and Tile which are 4mm, a few notes, Oyster Card in one slot and a few bits in the other (as well as the Tile & tool) - it is what I mormally have in it although the notes a bit low.
    Thanks MB2. So basically it’s about 20mm if you deduct the tile and multi-tool? About what I thought, and maybe a bit too thick for my preference. Thinking of going back to a Bellroy Slim Sleeve (my previous one has been requisitioned by the wife 🙄) but was tempted to try the secrid instead. I think the Slim Sleeve wins out by a few millimetres, but when I’m carrying it along with my phone in the same front pocket every millimetre counts!

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Thanks MB2. So basically it’s about 20mm if you deduct the tile and multi-tool? About what I thought, and maybe a bit too thick for my preference. Thinking of going back to a Bellroy Slim Sleeve (my previous one has been requisitioned by the wife 🙄) but was tempted to try the secrid instead. I think the Slim Sleeve wins out by a few millimetres, but when I’m carrying it along with my phone in the same front pocket every millimetre counts!
    Just measured mine with 2 extra cards and 2 notes in and it’s 16mm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Just measured mine with 2 extra cards and 2 notes in and it’s 16mm
    Thanks Matt. That might’ve put it back into contention!

I've had a Secrid Mini Wallet - Vintage Black Leather for years !! Brilliant wallet IMHO :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secrid-Wall...1&rps=1&sr=8-7

so where are you all buying these from ?