closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What flavoured what now?

What flavoured what now?

https://www.marmite.co.uk/products/m...ter-225-g.html

Has anyone tried this abomination yet?

It should be vile, but I'm a marmite fan, like peanut butter and also like sweet/savoury/salty combos (Stilton on a hobnob anyone?)

I'm intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post

It should be vile, but I'm a marmite fan, like peanut butter and also like sweet/savoury/salty combos (Stilton on a hobnob anyone?)

I'm intrigued
    It is an abomination.
    Like you, I'm a fan of marmite and of peanut butter (crunchy)...but this concoction is truly vile.

I'd have a go if there were some samples to try in the supermarket.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Agreed. If try a free sample. But I've tried enough marmite crossovers by now, always diassapointed.

You know what. I've a jar of marmite. A jar of peanut butter. I'll just do it myself.

I’m on my 3rd jar
    Quite like it but it is quite “cloying”
    Nice when put on very hot toast- but you don’t need much.
    It’s probably not very good for you.
    Yet to try the Dutch/Belgian lotus biscuit spread!

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I’m on my 3rd jar
    Quite like it but it is quite “cloying”
    Nice when put on very hot toast- but you don’t need much.
    It’s probably not very good for you.
    Yet to try the Dutch/Belgian lotus biscuit spread!
    That lotus spread is absolutely gorgeous, liquid lotus biscuits, fantastic, really really not good for you though

Journeyman
    I tried it after a few people at work raved about it, it sounds wrong but it was quite nice. I dropped the nearly full jar and broke it, but didn’t feel the need to buy it again.

Marmite XO on the other hand is definitely worth a try https://www.marmite.co.uk/products/m...-old-250g.html

me and my little one, now 4 - eat marmite and peanut butter on hot buttered crumpets for breakfast. I use unsalted butter and 100% nuts peanut butter though or it would be too salty .... its still super savoury ! Not tried the mixed stuff but imagine its full of palm oil and other filth.

Quote Originally Posted by miff View Post
    I tried it after a few people at work raved about it, it sounds wrong but it was quite nice. I dropped the nearly full jar and broke it, but didn’t feel the need to buy it again.

Marmite XO on the other hand is definitely worth a try https://www.marmite.co.uk/products/m...-old-250g.html
    I saw that stuff in tesco - what's it like??

I'm rather partial to Marmite and honey on toast. Not a big fan of peanut butter so won't be trying this.

What flavoured what now?

Been eating this on hot bagels for breakfast since last summer - almost every morning and the kids love it too. Just tried the smooth version, also nice but a bit too runny. Someone mentioned the lotus spread - now, I love a lotus biscuit, everyone in the family loves a lotus biscuit - but the jar went in the bin, we all thought is was revolting! - maybe love of marmite based products is genetic?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    me and my little one, now 4 - eat marmite and peanut butter on hot buttered crumpets for breakfast. I use unsalted butter and 100% nuts peanut butter though or it would be too salty .... its still super savoury ! Not tried the mixed stuff but imagine its full of palm oil and other filth.
    No palm oil, I avoid that stuff and only buy the 100% nut stuff myself. If I remember rightly ingredients are peanuts, peanut oil and yeast extract powder, no other guff

It sounds like the Devil's work. But then again, it might be a useful hangover cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post

I'm intrigued
    Love Marmite, love peanuts, can't stand peanut butter.

Go figure...

If you like sweet/savoury/salty combos then you need to try what I had for breakfast a few days back - coarse cut marmalade, bacon and stilton. Must be decent quality coarse cut, you can never have too much bacon in the sandwich and the bacon fat must be crispy! White bread plus real butter and you're sorted.
    Last edited by CardShark; 18th February 2020 at 01:02.

I liked marmite as a little child. And then I realised there are many many other things that taste better.

I can only imagine it would ruin good peanut butter.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    I saw that stuff in tesco - what's it like??
    Very nice, I expected it to be much stronger than normal marmite, but it’s much more subtle and very tasty.

Journeyman
    If you like nuts and marmite, another favourite of mine are Marmite Cashews, absolutely delicious.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...-100449-100450

If you like nuts and marmite, another favourite of mine are Marmite Cashews, absolutely delicious.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...-100449-100450
    Oh yes, I do like them.

Craftsman
    It's ok but very dry and claggy in the mouth.

Master
    Been a marmite with peanut butter fan for many years, it’s a great combination.

This, unfortunately, has somehow taken 2 great products and ruined them both. It’s a vile concoction and unsure how they have managed to make it so bad.

Lovely stuff. On my second jar but I'm taking it easy.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    It's ok but very dry and claggy in the mouth.
    Yes I agree with this. I quite like the flavour but the texture ain’t great. I doubt we’ll get another jar to be honest

Craftsman
    Very nice, I expected it to be much stronger than normal marmite, but it’s much more subtle and very tasty.
    This. I’m a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just tried it for the first time.

Not bad, but I don't think we'll get a second jar.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

We’ve being eating it for a while, abet the home made 2 jar of each way, that way you can vary the dose of each. I’ve said for years I’m surprised they don’t do a butter and Marmite pre mixed spread, again, maybe in varying ratios, I only like a small amount of Marmite to butter ratio.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Big fan of anything marmite but wasn’t always like that, the smell used to make me gag. I’ve been saying for a while they should make marmalite- a mix of marmalade and marmite.