closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GS haggling

Master
    Blog Entries

GS haggling

Looking at the rise of grand Seiko, are these still worth a haggle for a strong discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Looking at the rise of grand Seiko, are these still worth a haggle for a strong discount?
    yes, i managed to get a 15% discount on a grand seiko spring drive diver from the GS boutique in london, although it was a display model and had picked up a few swirlies. They also gave me a free service when ity needs it and free dive strap.

Master
    I got a 15% discount from an AD by asking nicely.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Spending on the model (LE vs normal) zero to 20%.

Craftsman
    Interesting, because I'm looking to buy a snowflake, and I've had no luck haggling at all from ADs, only the greys.

Anyone had any luck getting a discount on a snowflake?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Interesting, because I'm looking to buy a snowflake, and I've had no luck haggling at all from ADs, only the greys.

Yep but from overseas or use Chrono24

Craftsman

Back in 2014 I got 15% off a Snowflake at C W Sellors in Leeds. It was in late March and the imminent financial year end may have influenced their decision. I dealt with a knowledgeable young man called Jake.

Watches of Mayfair are competitive price wise for a Snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Watches of Mayfair are competitive price wise for a Snowflake.

They are very good for GS. I'm looking at adding the 9F GMT to my collection and they have them brand new for around £2.3k.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies.

I had a bit of a special requirement around getting the warranty card filled out on a specific day. I had seen the price from Watches of Mayfair, but they leave the warranty blank so didn't quite work for me.

I had asked at the GS boutique and Jura, both refused to move on price. Wondered if it was worth a trip to WoS who have one in the window near me.

I did drop a message to a couple of Chrono24 vendors on the back of this thread so will see how I get on.

Thanks for the replies.

I had a bit of a special requirement around getting the warranty card filled out on a specific day. I had seen the price from Watches of Mayfair, but they leave the warranty blank so didn't quite work for me.

I had asked at the GS boutique and Jura, both refused to move on price. Wondered if it was worth a trip to WoS who have one in the window near me.

I did drop a message to a couple of Chrono24 vendors on the back of this thread so will see how I get on.
    WoS would only offer me 2% off a Snowflake in Canary Wharf. Needless to say I walked away.

Tried to get an SBGK005 at discount from the London Boutiqe and One New Change - no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

Master

If you're considering a Snowflake, I would strongly encourage you to look at the SBGA415 Winter - IMHO, it's an upgrade on the snowflake in every way. Far better case design, much better size and proportions, and I think the dial is superior in person.

Also available at small discounts, if you know the right AD.

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    If you're considering a Snowflake, I would strongly encourage you to look at the SBGA415 Winter - IMHO, it's an upgrade on the snowflake in every way. Far better case design, much better size and proportions, and I think the dial is superior in person.

Isn’t that a US exclusive?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post

I don't think it's available in the UK though? I could probably find a US dealer willing to send it but I'd never buy a watch I haven't seen in the metal myself first.

Actually prefer the Spring version as well.

I don't think it's available in the UK though? I could probably find a US dealer willing to send it but I'd never buy a watch I haven't seen in the metal myself first.

The spring version looks pretty special....wonder if we will get any EU limited editions this year?

Master

I can put you in touch with the US dealer I used, who was recommended by Ryan. It worked out at a very reasonable price all-in and I'm very happy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Try Timeless Luxury Watches in Tx, they will discount their on line prices by up to 20%.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys.

I have now got a pretty good offer on a Snowflake from a German dealer so I'll probably go that way.

I like the look of some of those US special editions but I can't see a way to get a look at them in the flesh first.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All thanks for the info. I am also looking at a snowflake SBGA 211.

Don’t Jura watches currently have 10% off everything?

I like the look of some of those US special editions but I can't see a way to get a look at them in the flesh first.
    I wouldn't be in a rush to view a yellow one...

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app