closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hamilton Chronomatic 50

Hamilton Chronomatic 50

This looks good
    A little big but no lugs should compensate

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-int...to-chrono.html

Nice enough looking thing...Looks a bit to busy (for me anyway!) to tell the time easily...

I saw this thread, then went looking for a Hamilton Jazzmaster online...then bought it..so thanks! (I think! lol!).

Very tasty looking - love the pushers on it.

As the blurb says it’s not for the faint hearted! Looks fab although I have enough Hamilton’s already....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I like it by the looks, but I doubt I would wear something that big - I suppose that makes me faint hearted. Not that anyone is clamoring to remake the cal. 11, but I think it is strange to call it a "Chrono-Matic" while using a valjoux-based movement.

Master
    i do like like that but as said too big for me i think.

Master
    Just curious if anyone has come across one yet and had the opportunity to try it on. Doesn't seem to be any near me but I am interested in the watch as a whole given the size it's hard to gauge. I could buy it online but would hate to have to return it because the size put me off.

I do have an original Breitling Avenger Skyland listed at 45mm x 50-54mm depending on where you get the spec and fairly tall at 17.4mm that I have no problem with it so just maybe?

Craftsman
    That's going to be pretty big even without lugs.

I love it. The original was big but I'm sure not that big. As with everything though (think Seiko Tuna), big watches aren't necessarily uncomfortable. I'm definitely going to find one to try on. I still fancy a Chronomatic reissue but s/h prices are still strong.
    "A man of little significance"

Some more pictures:

https://www.thecoolector.com/hamilto...c-50-le-watch/

A lot of that width is from the pusher/crown guards. The X33 Skywalker I'm currently wearing is 45mm wide but the extra width comes from pusher guards, it's still essentially a 42mm watch with 20mm lugs, the same size as the Speedy Pro (which it is too), but sits on the wrist like a 40mm watch.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Great looking watch, would have thought that they'll struggle to shift that many units though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Some more pictures:

https://www.thecoolector.com/hamilto...c-50-le-watch/

A lot of that width is from the pusher/crown guards. The X33 Skywalker I'm currently wearing is 45mm wide but the extra width comes from pusher guards, it's still essentially a 42mm watch with 20mm lugs, the same size as the Speedy Pro (which it is too), but sits on the wrist like a 40mm watch.
    Foxy according to that article it is 48mm same as the original and the picture on the wrist doesn't look to bad either. The person's wrist looks to a normal size as well and not large so this could be a winner. I am thinking maybe the size of the watch measured is because of the pushers like you said.

I do like it, should wear ok being lug less, wonder if they will do the same with this as ther did with the Pan Europ, 1972 limited edition blue dials then loads of black and silver dial ones. Blues shot up in value others reasonably priced.