closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ALDI Auto XS 3.8amp car / bike battery charger

Craftsman

ALDI Auto XS 3.8amp car / bike battery charger

Just seen these in my local store, apparently they landed at the weekend so lots in stock for now.
    Auto XS MD19161
    3.8amp
    Trickle + regeneration charge
    Crocodile clips (10mm
    £12.99

http://download2.medion.com/download...md19161_au.pdf

Granted it isn't a CTEK but looks OK for the money with good features. Just a shame there isn't a 'quick connect' so you can leave the ring terminals connected to the battery like you can with the CTEK models. Although maybe an SAE connector could work here.
    Last edited by gavsw20; 17th February 2020 at 16:52.

In general I found the vast majority of Lidl and ALDI tools to be very good considering the price you pay.
    My garage has a air hammer which knocks out most things no worries- the chap in the garage 3 down comes up and borrows ours and he’s got a Mac or snap-on one he paid 10 times more for!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Just seen these in my local store, apparently they landed at the weekend so lots in stock for now.
    Auto XS MD19161
    3.8amp
    Trickle + regeneration charge
    Crocodile clips (10mm
    £12.99

http://download2.medion.com/download...md19161_au.pdf

Granted it isn't a CTEK but looks OK for the money with good features. Just a shame there isn't a 'quick connect' so you can leave the ring terminals connected to the battery like you can with the CTEK models. Although maybe an SAE connector could work here.
    Thanks for that OP

B

I have the Lidl equivalent one of these (it looks very similar) and it does as good a job as the Optimate charger that I had before.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    I have one of these and also the Lidl version.

Work fine and great value.

I have one and it works fine, I haven't used it for long term 'conditioning', as I did with an optimate but it recovers a low battery with on overnight charge - shows battery volts (which the optimate didn't) and charge state by a number of bars rather than indicator colour.
    Last edited by Elanman; 18th February 2020 at 10:33.

Another positive review here. I’ve got one that I use to keep my MG charged as it only gets driven April-October (ish).

It works well, is good value and as the unit has lugs it can be wall mounted. I have fitted it to the garage wall next to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app