closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Montblanc Heritage range...any good?

Montblanc Heritage range...any good?

What do we think of Montblanc regarding watches?
    Do they use ETA movements or something else?
    Are they any good for the money (not cheap)
    I do like this one https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/produ...rollPosition=0

Thoughts?

I think that one contains a (possibly) modified Sellita SW300. I like the look of it but it would need to be bought at a huge discount unless it’s a keeper. The usual US dealers often have montblancs at 70% off. I almost went for an 18k version of the linked watch recently. Xupes have one unworn for just over £4k, but it was only £2k in their January sale, and didn’t sell at that price.

I’m not sure what’s happened to Montblanc recently. They were making big noises a couple of years ago about expanding their watchmaking efforts, even going as far as buying Minerva. Many commentators were tipping them as the next big player but things don’t seem to have developed as intended. Maybe they just couldn’t shake the image of being a pen maker that just dabbled in watches. A shame really as the build quality of their watches is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post

I’m not sure what’s happened to Montblanc recently. They were making big noises a couple of years ago about expanding their watchmaking efforts, even going as far as buying Minerva. Many commentators were tipping them as the next big player but things don’t seem to have developed as intended. Maybe they just couldn’t shake the image of being a pen maker that just dabbled in watches. A shame really as the build quality of their watches is very good.
    Exactly that, they are struggling here despite some lovely designs and good build quality. I would really like a Geosphere at some point.
    Some cool stuff coming from them this year too, I hope they can sell a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Peel View Post
    What do we think of Montblanc regarding watches?
    Do they use ETA movements or something else?
    Are they any good for the money (not cheap)
    I do like this one https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/produ...rollPosition=0

Thoughts?
    I have that in silver and red gold - if memory serves me - I paid about £1200 for it - it is a very nice dress watch and I am very happy wit it.

They tried to sell Minervas for £30k and nobody bought them. That's what happened.

Master
    ^
    Limited to 100 pieces those top line models are.

https://quillandpad.com/2019/01/18/m...is-so-so-good/

Interesting read, thank you for that.
    Im not a fan of the small blue numbers etc. but otherwise very nice pieces to my eyes.

Their newer heritage range looks great in windows and adverts, but kinda feels less impressive when handled in real life, add to that the massive range including smart watches which seem to be massively discounted and unpopular, the whole range lacks cohesion. It would be more sensible to just focus on their retro inspired prices and drops the others as they are much cheaper and kind of cheapen the newer exploration theme. I believe the guy responsible for this newer direction was working for panerai before this.

Master
    Buy used or well under list. Don't bother trying to trade one in because you will be disappointed. But for that money I'd could find something better or use the money to go up to something nicer. watchfinder has plenty under £2k

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/search?q=%22Montblanc%22

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Their newer heritage range looks great in windows and adverts, but kinda feels less impressive when handled in real life, add to that the massive range including smart watches which seem to be massively discounted and unpopular, the whole range lacks cohesion. It would be more sensible to just focus on their retro inspired prices and drops the others as they are much cheaper and kind of cheapen the newer exploration theme. I believe the guy responsible for this newer direction was working for panerai before this.
    I agree with this, I had been hankering after a Geosphere and went to give one a good look over at my local Frazer Hart.

It felt rather light and insubstantial on the wrist, not at all what I was expecting, they would allow no discount either so it stayed in the window.