closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rolex sports model supply ; what’s their agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Ha ha , clearly not !

You learn something new everyday.....
    Don’t learn wrong things.
    It counts ten times as much!😄😄

Master

Rolex sports model supply ; what’s their agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Dont you understand English "lol"

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Oh dear, you took offence and thought I was being literal with my sarcastic comment. To be clear, I’m sarcastically agreeing with you, because your comment is so obviously true.

Edit: realised that Curtis is henk
    Last edited by ac11111; 20th February 2020 at 08:10.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    .. I would much rather have a basic Rolex Sub any day over an Omega, just my opinion.
    Good job we all have different tastes. I have both a Submariner and a Seamaster Pro, I wear the Seamaster much more often than my Submariner because I prefer it. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Good job we all have different tastes. I have both a Submariner and a Seamaster Pro, I wear the Seamaster much more often than my Submariner because I prefer it. 😉
    It's good that we all have different tastes and buy different brands and styles. Imagine if we all only obsessed over SS Rolex sports watches and as a result there weren't any for sale. That would be soooo boring.

Quote Originally Posted by nod_ View Post
    Two things:
    1. Why are they cautious
    2. What have grey dealers got to do with it?

are you saying that dealers do not sell Rolexes in case grey importers sell them on? or that there are so few watches currently that people will flip them for higher than retail price?

Interestingly I found this Blancpain Limited Edition where it's more expensive secondhand and still in warranty compared to buying new:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Blancp...8413da0&rank=5
    Cautious - because losing your AD status could sink a smaller independent AD. So - they are under pressure not to sell to buyers who will fuel the grey market. Where AD's have been found in contravention of their agreements, their status has been removed.

I understand that Rolex is producing to capacity, rather than with-holding any stock as seems to be suggested repeatedly - in fact I understand that Rolex is building an additional facility. A quick look back at media information shows that Tudor expected to up production from around 200,000 to 250,000 and built a new facility in a JV to achieve it.

It may take some years to get things up and running, but when they do I would expect it to be easier to obtain some currently harder to get models.

But Rolex business model is not to sell steel professional range watches - they want to achieve sales across all their model ranges, and I would strongly suspect that they sell more precious metal watches than any other watch brand.
    It's just a matter of time...