closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Man and His Watch

Craftsman

A Man and His Watch

Just had this bought for my birthday from my Lad.
    Had a quick flick and am looking forward to reading it.
    Anyone looked at this?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

No but it looks interesting 🤔

Craftsman
    Some great photos of the watches detailed.
    And a really thoughtful gift, was well chuffed.

Blog Entries
    I was bought this for Christmas, some excellent pictures and some interesting back stories. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

I got the kindle version and I've read about half. There isn't much to read so I am taking it slow.

Master
    Just finished reading this. It’s great. Nice stories, great images and the stories are short and snappy so nice and easy to pick up and put down.

I have it - it’s a lovely thing, and well put together.

I’ve listened to a few podcasts where Matt Hranek was interviewed, and the stories behind the book are quite interesting, in terms of his access to brand archives & dealing with Stallone etc.

I’ve always thought that the personal aspect is a huge part of what makes watches so compelling, so this book is right in line with that.

Craftsman
    My sentiments exactly.
    You hear a lot of comments now days as are watches relevant now days (especially mechanical watches) especially with everyone carrying smart phones or using smart watches.
    But I think one it's the engineering that goes into them and also the connection people have with their watch (or as us on here, watches) whatever the reason.
    Wouldn't be without at least a couple of mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I have it - it’s a lovely thing, and well put together.

I’ve listened to a few podcasts where Matt Hranek was interviewed, and the stories behind the book are quite interesting, in terms of his access to brand archives & dealing with Stallone etc.

I’ve always thought that the personal aspect is a huge part of what makes watches so compelling, so this book is right in line with that.

Master
    Great book, it’s not a meaty read nor a technical bible, simply a very readable and well put together publication. I have a copy myself and have bought Three more as gifts, all have been well received.
    P.S. Buy it in hardback !!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Received it in Hard back and it's quite substantial to be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Great book, it’s not a meaty read nor a technical bible, simply a very readable and well put together publication. I have a copy myself and have bought Three more as gifts, all have been well received.
    P.S. Buy it in hardback !!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I gave this as a present before, it’s a great book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To dissent... I have this book, and it’s certainly very enjoyable to skim through. But there’s not a whole lot to read, and the pool of watches is very narrowly drawn around sports watches, wabi, and “celebrity” involvement.

Craftsman
    Though I have not read the book I do have a connection to its author Matt Hranek. He and 3 other guys started the watch brand Serica and their first watch is a field watch drawing inspiration from the WWW watches from WW2. I have this watch which is named WWW WM Brown edition. You should check out this company and watch. I love this watch and it really falls into the military/field watch which is what most of my small collection is made of. Their website is www.serica-watches.com.

Journeyman
    Good book stories and pictures excellent hope you enjoy ıt like me👏👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Though I have not read the book I do have a connection to its author Matt Hranek. He and 3 other guys started the watch brand Serica and their first watch is a field watch drawing inspiration from the WWW watches from WW2. I have this watch which is named WWW WM Brown edition. You should check out this company and watch. I love this watch and it really falls into the military/field watch which is what most of my small collection is made of. Their website is www.serica-watches.com.
    That's surprisingly nice, I like that alot and could well be tempted once(if ever) I've got my finances sorted. It does further make me think the Timor remake is priced much too high, I don't think I'll be backing that one sadly.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 17th February 2020 at 11:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    That's surprisingly nice, I like that alot and could well be tempted once(if ever) I've got my finances sorted. It does further make me think the Timor remake is priced much too high, I don't think I'll be backing that one sadly.
    You would not go wrong with the Serica, it is that nice. I am going to be backing the new Timor although I do think that it is a little on the high side. I really like the Dirty Dozen watches of WW2 and honestly it is hard to find even an average condition original for less that $1500-1800, so I really am hoping that this will be popular enough to be able to fully fund the project. I will be selling 2 of my other watches if this will go forward because I like this watch that much that I can let those go.

Craftsman
    I was given this for Christmas and I have to say that it is a surprisingly good read.

Master
    Got this when it came out - beautifully presented and superb variety, both of watches and their personal stories. I have since been hoping for 'More men and their watches' (N.B. may include some women)