closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New mobile sim only contract set up wrong

New mobile sim only contract set up wrong

Went in to a new local EE store on Friday - thought I'd go in store to see if they could do anything better than the online deals but also to use a store instead of the web for a change.

In the end, they couldn't but was just easier to sign up for what I was going to anyway while there (or so I thought...).

I get 20% discount @ EE through my employer so gave that code and signed up for a 60gb smart sim (swappable benefit) contract. Signed the contract via the tablet (I'd been shown the 60gb smart one) but when finalising at the desk the young lass said 'ooh looks like they've given you 100gb instead. I downloaded the app, logged in and found they'd set me up on the wrong contract. Same price, but non swappable benefit/smart sim (I need this). They acknowledged the error but after 45 mins of trying to sort they said they'd have to give me a call Monday or Tuesday as the department who could resolve this weren't in until Monday (by now it was 6:30 Friday).

Cue Saturday morning I get my first bill, £25 for one month and no discount. So looks like it hasn't been applied. Go in store and told this is OK it won't come off the first month, will double up second month. Hmmmm.... Leave it with them, I'm not in a rush really.

I then check the paperwork again this morning and see the contract I've got does state 100gb and I signed for it. It also says 24 months on it! Although the app says 18 months. Phone EE today and am advised there is a note all was set up wrong but store need to resolve it.

I'm conscious there's no cooling off when buying in store but I now just wish I'd ordered online and sorted it all myself!

Given I've been told by the store and their CS that its noted it's wrong and an error on EE part - I should be OK to get this sorted shouldn't I? Just have visions of being shafted due to the contract that shows I signed up for 100gb when I actually didn't (or the tablet screen didn't show that).

I'm usually very good with deals, contracts etc but pretty miffed at myself here but also with the mess EE have made of it. I've not used the sim and won't till resolved so want compensating a) for the lack of use and b) for the extra time I'll be with my current provider due to their error. But can't decide whether to just go in, get them to cancel and I'll sort myself - or give the benefit of the doubt. Not happy though - and not sure the discount has been applied properly either. So if I do myself I know all is good

Similar experience with EE in the last 2 weeks, I've got to have another conversation with them tomorrow.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Of all the companies, I’ve found EE customer services to be the most helpful so I reckon they’ll come good.

EE are good at sorting things out in the end. Just persevere with it and it'll be fine.

I had a problem with Vodafone a few years back, of their making, and reading the "small print" of the contract I noticed a 30-day get-out clause, so I used that. Maybe you have that option too as a last resort?

Can't see anything in the T&C's. I'll give them a few days to sort it then, at least they have acknowledged the error (at the moment anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Similar experience with EE in the last 2 weeks, I've got to have another conversation with them tomorrow.
    Oh heck, hope you get sorted, not good!

Well still nothing sorted. Been told it will take 3-5 days to resolve from sign up and the delay is due to the discount not being valid but they’re going to sort it. This doesn’t seem right as I can buy online no issue with the code (we’ll get through to the submit order part)

I’ve given them till tomorrow or I want to cancel.

Has anyone cancelled an in store purchase before as gather there’s no cooling off? I want the contract to be honest but can’t just continue with nothing happening. I refuse to believe it takes less than 10 mins to set up and as long as this to sort out their mess. I have said they have missold me a product but they stated yesterday that isn’t the case. Not sure how they can even attempt to say that. All details on file show they’ve admitted the mistake.

Also if I cancel and try to buy online, do you think I’d be flagged up and refused?