closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I picked up a Seiko 7549-7010 Tuna from a car boot sale. But it needs work. Lots of..

Blog Entries

I picked up a Seiko 7549-7010 Tuna from a car boot sale. But it needs work. Lots of..

As per title. Last summer I picked up a 7549-7010 Tuna with the serial number 85xxxx. That makes it a May 1978 watch. I'm pretty sure about that because the 'Battery Replacement' line on the watch starts with the year '81'.

Anyway, some DPO (Dumb Previous Owner) has tried to 'upgrade' the watch with a Monster dial telling that it's an 'automatic' now, Monster hands and some sort of copper ring between the rehaut and the dial. The watch doesn't run. But when I shake the watch, I cannot hear the it winding, so it's fair to assume that it still has a quartz movement inside.

I want to have the watch 're-mod': bringing it back to its original specs. I don't mind an aftermarket Seiko 7549 dial, hands etc. I already own a completely original 7549-7010 specimen with tons of wabi. So, a second one with aftermarket (but original looking) parts is no problem.

So, my question: do you have suggestions who I might ask to do the work for me?

Menno

My first port of call would be Paul at Tempus Watch Mods

https://www.tempusmods.co.uk/