closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC or did I? (incoming pic heavy)

Craftsman

IWC or did I? (incoming pic heavy)

After selling a couple a watches, it was time to search for my next piece. A couple of ideas were running through my mind over the last month or so with IWC Spitfire being the one that kept returning. So, on Wednesday Mrs. Weasel and me decided to spend the night over in Bahrain before my trip back to the UK, were I had already been in contact with IWC to arrange to view the Spitfire range.

Arrived around 2pm at IWC, was promptly offered coffee, and awaited the Spitfire range to be brought out.

Initial impressions were very good, the basic 3-hand spitfire was a lovely thing, but just never felt the love in the flesh, also the date was slightly off-putting now I see it on my wrist, and I was drawn to it. Next the Chrono and it just felt that it would not sit right on my wrist. I thought I would get passed this but had a doubt.

Another disappointment was that the winding felt like it had half the Bahrain desert inside it, I know that is not a measure of the quality, but it was enough. That and the doubt about comfort was enough for me to decline after having it sit on my wrist for about 5 minutes. Do not get me wrong it was a lovely piece, but could not get a comfortable fit.

Therefore, on too the next boutique on my list that I have long had affection for...… tried a variety of different models that were on my substitute/maybe list and once I had this on my wrist I fell in love.

*I think that is what matters, totally unexpected really and something was always there for this brand but never scratched the itch, as I always thought my 7’ wrist would be overwhelmed with it, (you guessed yet?). However no, this just melted on to my wrist and was very comfortable, I was pleasantly surprised and both elated that I could carry this off IMO, and the model I wanted on the subs bench was in back stock untouched.

I did haggle hard and my efforts paid off, a lovely strap thrown in, along with a leather wallet, pen and cap with a cleaning cloth! Not a bad result. Also managed to get a 15% discount... So very happy.

*Does Mrs. Weasel like it? No.... “But I’m not wearing it” says she...**and her opinion on the spitfire Chrono was a resounding no “too much going on”... much to the salesperson’s disappointment.

*Therefore, what was it if you have not guessed? Pictures below…

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Lovely looking watch. Having ignored Panerai for a long time, the more I see, the more attractive they look.

Master
    Very nice, and some decent swag as well!

Nice choice, looks good on your wrist. I have pretty small wrists so would love to try one of the 38mm Pams.