closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Help.

Blog Entries

Omega Help.

Chaps

A pals son has been round this evening to ask if I could repair the bracelet on an Omega handed down to him from his departed father-in-law.

It’s clear it is more of a job than I can do so thoughts on repair or sourcing replacement would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Pitch

What a nice watch, and clearly very sentimental to him. I wish I had the knowledge to help hope you get it sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Can’t work out what’s happened, has one of the fixed links broken its pin or is there a bit missing?

You’ve more chance of someone taking the job on if they can see exactly what it entails.

I think I know the answer but I’ll ask; are any removable links present with the watch? They’re usually found with the box. Possibly a removable link could be used to fix the bracelet, but without better pictures/ info its not possible to give an opinion.

Suggest you take some half- decent pics showing what’s there and what isn’t, that would help. I have a similar watch so I’m familiar with the bracelet.

Cost of a replacement bracelet would make your eyes water, I paid £70 for a half- link in 2014. A full bracelet is likely to be the wrong side of a grand. Even a steel bracelet is likely to be £500+. Those gold parts are only gold- capped too, tge price premium is crazy.

Best option might be a leather a leather strap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Can’t work out what’s happened, has one of the fixed links broken its pin or is there a bit missing?
    Look at the first pic again - a fixed pin has broken.

I suspect the remains of the pin are still inside the link and that's going to take some precision drilling to remove. I'm not sure if it's even possible or who would take it on so Paul's suggestion of a leather strap is probably the best option.