closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm Dennis

On the plus side we're getting some fuel for the log burners.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Wind and rain aplenty here in the Deep South, so I decided to have a weekend indoors.

Which included putting a new deployant "rallye" strap on my Speedmaster with one that I bought new from Sales Corner ages ago, but had never got around to replacing.

It was one of "those" jobs that I kept putting off, because it's an absolute swine to do, but I'd run out of excuses. I'm glad it's done now.

It's still raining...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    I bet there was still lots of visitors in Bowness though ??
    We like walking over Wansfell Pike to Troutbeck from Ambleside with a call in the Mortal Man, but obviously not in that weather.
    The pic is between Ambleside and Grasmere xmas before last, in perfect weather.
    Luck of the draw for weather in the lakes though isn't it ?

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Yes there was, it’s a fantastic place tbf, very chilled and relaxing over there.

That pic is deffo not from yesterday though...

This is the river or normally the stream running through Ambleside yesterday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Yes there was, it’s a fantastic place tbf, very chilled and relaxing over there.

That pic is deffo not from yesterday though...

This is the river or normally the stream running through Ambleside yesterday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesus !!!
    Is that the stream by the giggling goose cafe ?

Aye that’s it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    To be honest I don't think Harrow is really north.
    Hey:

I've updated my profile location to the home of pies and pacer railbus trains. I saw that Stuart Maconie in Tesco the other day...
    Last edited by nickk; 16th February 2020 at 16:16.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Hey:

I've updated my profile location to to the home of pies and pacer railbus trains. I saw that Stuart Maconie in Tesco the other day...
    Nowt wrong wi wiggin

Master
    It’s pretty bad down here in South Wales. Winds and bad flooding.

Here in Central Beds, the winds have very suddenly whipped up and we are taking quite a pounding as I post this.

Weirdly, the forecase has been saying the wind speeds should be dropping off considerably now.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Dramatic photos show 'ghost ship' washed up by Storm Dennis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictur...9yo51k3mQ_0GrM

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman
    Some parts of the midlands taking a big knock in all fairness. Hereford, Stourport etc

I am just south of Birmingham and its just rain rain and a little more rain.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    Some parts of the midlands taking a big knock in all fairness. Hereford, Stourport etc

I am just south of Birmingham and its just rain rain and a little more rain.
    It should have moved on to the southeast by now, but we're all due some more tomorrow. Not good news for anyone near the R Severn...link.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It should have moved on to the southeast by now, but we're all due some more tomorrow. Not good news for anyone near the R Severn...link.
    I can confirm that it's rather wet outside at the moment.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blue skies and brilliant sunshine here in South Yorkshire
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    I hope it doesn't, but that may change...link (click on the play triangle bottom left and let it run through the weekend forecast).

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I hope it doesn't, but that may change...link (click on the play triangle bottom left and let it run through the weekend forecast).
    Thanks PB. Looks like we're good till at least tomorrow lunchtime/evening. Saturday doesn't bode well though!
    Best Regards - Peter

Had to go from Shifnal to Bridgnorth yesterday, should have been 13 miles each way, but a landslip on A442 caused a 6 mile diversion going and the return had to be via Shrewsbury as diversion got flooded and there were no open crossings of the Severn until A5. Total trip 59 miles.
    The Severn has breached at Ironbridge, Buildwas Power Station, and parts of Low Town near the Bridge in Bridgnorth.
    Insurers are saying "Act of God" so no pay, but it could be argued that it is an act of planning folly wrt Telford's expansion southwards towards Ironbridge. Surface water is sent straight to the River.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Insurers are saying "Act of God" so no pay, but it could be argued that it is an act of planning folly wrt Telford's expansion southwards towards Ironbridge. Surface water is sent straight to the River.
    What an absolute shambles. Any insurer claiming an "act of God" for flooding should be struck off and banned from operating.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What an absolute shambles. Any insurer claiming an "act of God" for flooding should be struck off and banned from operating.
    I would suggest that claimants ask their insurance company to prove the existence of God. If they are unable to do this then it can't be an act of someone who doesn't exist and they should settle the claims!
    Best Regards - Peter

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Had to go from Shifnal to Bridgnorth yesterday, should have been 13 miles each way, but a landslip on A442 caused a 6 mile diversion going and the return had to be via Shrewsbury as diversion got flooded and there were no open crossings of the Severn until A5. Total trip 59 miles.
    The Severn has breached at Ironbridge, Buildwas Power Station, and parts of Low Town near the Bridge in Bridgnorth.
    And it continues...Train lines shut amid rising river levels

...Two severe "danger to life" flood warnings are in place for the River Severn at Shrewsbury and Ironbridge.

Network Rail said from 14:00 GMT all lines at Shrewsbury station will be closed except for services to and from Chester and Crewe.

Flood barriers at Wharfage in Ironbridge are expected to be breached later on Tuesday.

A Network Rail spokesman said hourly inspections were carried out on the Severn Viaduct, which carries the majority of lines in and out of Shrewsbury station.

He said: "Flood waters have been very close to the level where we have to close the viaduct for safety reasons."

As the river was expected to rise further, he said the lines will "remain closed until levels have dropped below the closure mark and underwater inspections have been completed"...

Blog Entries
    I would suggest that claimants ask their insurance company to prove the existence of God. If they are unable to do this then it can't be an act of someone who doesn't exist and they should settle the claims!
    Good luck with that one
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Good luck with that one
    I believe Billy Connelly set a precedent
    Best Regards - Peter

I believe Billy Connelly set a precedent
    Most decent insurance underwriters have removed the phrase form policies and terms.

They now specify particular risks and exclusions.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Most simply specify what an ‘act of god’ covers. So there would be no argument. Hence my point "good luck with that one"
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 26th February 2020 at 00:16.