closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Rubber Straps.

Master

Omega Rubber Straps.

Following on from the Omega Nato straps thread recently i was wondering on the wise opinion of Omega rubber straps from this forum.

I purchased an Omega 210.30.42.20.01.001 on a bracelet and fancy the genuine rubber strap.

I think the correct part numbers are Strap - 032CVZ010126 and Buckle - 025STZ010129

However the only way to order these is from an AD and i think the cost is around £275.

So firstly are these the correct part numbers and secondly is the strap worth the money for those that have made the purchase or a view from those that have bought the watch on the rubber strap.

Thanks

Master
    Have been thinking the exact same thing for my new blue SMP. Have seen these online - no idea if there any good, but been thinking may be worth a punt to try out.
    Last edited by Skip; 15th February 2020 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Have been thinking the exact same thing for my new blue SMP. Have seen these online - no idea if there any good, but been thinking may be worth a punt to try out.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7214...saArxUEALw_wcB

They're fine as long as you don't mind wearing fake goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Exactly. Says Omega on the buckle!

Master
    Hadn’t thought of it that way, but see your point. Link removed.

Blog Entries
    I’d go OEM. I think it’s the buckles that cost the earth. The straps are reasonably priced.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’d go OEM. I think it’s the buckles that cost the earth. The straps are reasonably priced.
    I don’t think so, in 2012 a rubber strap for a 2007 SeMP was £90 and the squared buckle was £10

In 2017/2018 I got the bracelet clasp with the quick adjust, about £85 from Omega including postage. The bracelet would be a fair few hundred.

Master
    OEM would obviously be the ideal solution, but it’s a lot of wedge to fork out on something you may not be all that keen on.

Unbranded rubber strap available here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-20-22...7b1515ed8804b6

hopefully this falls into the “homage” category, rather than fake!

OEM would obviously be the ideal solution, but it’s a lot of wedge to fork out on something you may not be all that keen on.

Unbranded rubber strap available here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-20-22...7b1515ed8804b6

hopefully this falls into the “homage” category, rather than fake!
    This would be a much better option, but I get the feeling that when it's delivered it'll have the Omega branding on it.

Actually, I'll order it and find out.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 16th February 2020 at 14:50.

I know it’s slightly different but a guy at work bought an orange “knock-off” from eBay for his PO
    Quality seemed good when new but it didn’t stay orange very long....

Does anyone know if these straps in short supply? I ordered one when I bought a Seamaster back in October from WoS. It still hasn’t been delivered. WoS have been telling me they can’t get the buckle from Omega.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Top-Time View Post
    Does anyone know if these straps in short supply? I ordered one when I bought a Seamaster back in October from WoS. It still hasn’t been delivered. WoS have been telling me they can’t get the buckle from Omega.
    Thats the same story i heard when i got my SMP, around the same time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Top-Time View Post
    The strap can be had within a few weeks BUT i have heard that the buckle can take over 6 months and that's why the price of these if you can find one is crazy on Chrono 24 etc.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/buc...05014.htm#gref
    Last edited by mjc1216; 16th February 2020 at 17:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    This!
    I have both types of Omega rubber strap and they’re both fab.
    I have the black Isofrane-style vented one with the buckle and a blue supple stitched one on a Titanium deployant (frighteningly expensive, but worth it for the match to the watch!!).
    Both are great, the stitched one is lovely and supple, doesn’t feel as much like rubber.

This would be a much better option, but I get the feeling that when it's delivered it'll have the Omega branding on it.

Actually, I'll order it and find out.
    As suspected...

Master
    As suspected...

Happened me too with a TAG style deployant buckle. I deliberately chose one that appeared to be unbranded but ended up with a fake TAG item. The fake bit is just irritating as it is used on a Zodiac Grand Rally, so I wouldn't even have wanted a genuine TAG item either.

Omega Rubber Straps.

The one on my planet ocean is as good as I’ve ever seen tbh. not sure if PO fits yours though
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 19th February 2020 at 16:57.

Craftsman
    So I used to own that SMP on bracelet, sold it and then rebought the blue dial version on rubber.

I think if the rubber fits your wrist it’s a better option as the watch is lighter and fits nicely against the flat of your wrist. Plus the strap shows no desk diving at all and my watch still looks brand new after a couple of months.

However for me, my wrist size is between holes which annoys my OCD hugely. The bracelet with push to adjust is so much better for only that reason.

Can you have a try of the rubber strap version in store first before you commit to buying the strap separately? Of course feel free to flog me your bracelet if you find the rubber strap works better for you ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a curved end rubber strap from Cousins UK and paired it with a genuine signed buckle. Cost under £50 all in and looks well. Can post pics later if anyone's interested in seeing it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I bought a curved end rubber strap from Cousins UK and paired it with a genuine signed buckle. Cost under £50 all in and looks well. Can post pics later if anyone's interested in seeing it.
    Would defo like to see some pics.

Would defo like to see some pics.
    Here you go:

Blog Entries
    Bought an OE Omega rubber strap for one of my Seamasters. Sold it as I just couldn't get on with it. To be honest I'd rather have a nice leather strap, because unless you're diving regularly why bother?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Here you go:
    That looks good, would you mind sharing the cousins product reference?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    That looks good, would you mind sharing the cousins product reference?

Thanks
    Here's mine https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/si...ubmariner-more but I see they have a better version now which I suspect is more supple: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/si...ex-curved-ends

(Double checked mine there - mine has an 18mm buckle, so if definitely the 1st, cheaper one)

You might need to register with them to see that. I got mine off SC for a tenner... so might be worth a WTB. Bry had some of these style for sale for £15 or so which I did try - but it just wouldn't squeeze in tight enough to let the springbars reach their holes. The Cousins ones are a tight fit, but they DO fit. Fit to the case is pretty perfect really.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 9th March 2020 at 12:26.

Master
    Here's mine https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/si...ubmariner-more but I see they have a better version now which I suspect is more supple: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/si...ex-curved-ends

(Double checked mine there - mine has an 18mm buckle, so if definitely the 1st, cheaper one)

You might need to register with them to see that. I got mine off SC for a tenner... so might be worth a WTB. Bry had some of these style for sale for £15 or so which I did try - but it just wouldn't squeeze in tight enough to let the springbars reach their holes. The Cousins ones are a tight fit, but they DO fit. Fit to the case is pretty perfect really.
    I like the look of the second one that fits the clasp. However, at 16mm not sure it will fit my new model SMP.

I like the look of the second one that fits the clasp. However, at 16mm not sure it will fit my new model SMP.
    That's a taper to 16mm at the buckle. 20mm at the lugs.

Bit skinny mind you for a divers watch. The cheaper 18mm feels about right to me inside my wrist. My only criticism is that it's a bit on the stiff side compared to my isofrane 20mm. Just a pity the isofrane hasn't curved ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    Some of the straps on here appear to offer reasonable quality for very little outlay, I tend to prefer the oem Omega one's but it can get expensive as I currently have 5 new Omega straps sat in watch box and don't currently have the right watches to go with them.
    Don't suppose you've a black 20mm one to fit my coaxial bond that you'd let go from that lot? I've tested the look with my cousin's one and fancy trying the OE option.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    This!
    I have both types of Omega rubber strap and they’re both fab.
    I have the black Isofrane-style vented one with the buckle and a blue supple stitched one on a Titanium deployant (frighteningly expensive, but worth it for the match to the watch!!).
    Both are great, the stitched one is lovely and supple, doesn’t feel as much like rubber.
    Hi LukeBird

Any chance of a picture of yours on the blue supple/titanium deployment or link as this might interest me for a blue dial Seamaster

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Hi LukeBird

Any chance of a picture of yours on the blue supple/titanium deployment or link as this might interest me for a blue dial Seamaster
    No problem, here you are -

As mentioned, it’s a fab strap & deployant combo. Not at all cheap, but just what I wanted.

Craftsman
    Thanks LukeBird

Looks really great. pm on the way 👍

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post

Outstanding sir.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk