closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Eterna Chronometer Information Needed

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Vintage Eterna Chronometer Information Needed

I bought this Eterna because it was cheap and has 'chronometer' on the dial:

Ideas about the period or the movement so I could look for more? It looks like there is corrosion externally and probably internally, but the watch runs. Are these restorable?
    Last edited by ollipekka; 14th February 2020 at 20:33.

You will need to open it , if you dont have the tools I would advise getting in to see a watchmaker . They are ETA movements ,so some parts are available.

I looked at one of these at a recent show nice watches from a great maker . There are some blogs about Eterna, a good one is the German site plenty of info on there . I would say this is from the 60s .

Quote Originally Posted by ollipekka View Post
    I bought this Eterna because it was cheap and has 'chronometer' on the dial:

Ideas about the period or the movement so I could look for more? It looks like there is corrosion externally and probably internally, but the watch runs. Are these restorable?
    If you can open it up and check the movement serial number it should be pretty easy to date. Anything is restorable - just the cost varies! There should be a fairly common movement inside although Eterna did seem to produce a large variety of auto movements during the 50s/60s. Is the little insert in the caseback gold? It is in Kontikis,