closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Dentists on the forum

Any Dentists on the forum

I had two maryland bridges fitted by the Liverpool dental Hospital about 5 years ago one each side upper about 4 teeth back from the front of my mouth both attached to a single adjacent tooth . one has detached and i have had it refixed 3 times now and it never lasts more than a couple of days , last time was yesterday morning , and it has come off again tonite , the dentist just says they are not very good,

they are fixing it with a white cement , i asked is there another way fix it she said yes and just used the same white cement,

i seem to remember when i had them fitted they used a uv light or similar to cure the adhesive
    does this sound like poor service

many thanks

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Fuji-9................

Accept no substitute.

Calling TRIDENT7 to the George…TRIDENT7 to the George

Isn’t Hood a mouth tinkerer?

Journeyman

Bondic

Hi

I have kept a note that Dentists use Bondic adhesive and a UV light to cure - various clips show some impressive suggestions of strength........

Seem to be able to buy it with a pen-type UV emitter....

L

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post
    I had two maryland bridges fitted by the Liverpool dental Hospital about 5 years ago one each side upper about 4 teeth back from the front of my mouth both attached to a single adjacent tooth . one has detached and i have had it refixed 3 times now and it never lasts more than a couple of days , last time was yesterday morning , and it has come off again tonite , the dentist just says they are not very good,

they are fixing it with a white cement , i asked is there another way fix it she said yes and just used the same white cement,

i seem to remember when i had them fitted they used a uv light or similar to cure the adhesive
    does this sound like poor service

many thanks

The white cement is probably Panavia. It’s extremely strong & probably what I’d use to cement a Maryland. So that doesn’t per se indicate poor service. The problem is that the Maryland has probably debonded for a very good reason. It’s best chance to stay on was when it was first cemented. It doesn’t surprise me that it now keeps debonding. The fitting surface of the retaining wing/s are treated in a special way in order to increase the bond strength. This can be redone by sending it back to the laboratory or the dentist may have a chairside means of doing this. There are other ways of replacing a missing tooth which are more likely to stay on. The great advantage of the Maryland is that very little preparation is needed on the abutment teeth….so little or no drilling. The downside is that they tend to fall off. The answer is probably a remake of the Maryland or choose one of the other options

ok thanks for your reply , i will try and get back to the dental Hospital but thats going to be difficult as you nornally have to be referred

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
    Hi

I have kept a note that Dentists use Bondic adhesive and a UV light to cure - various clips show some impressive suggestions of strength........

Seem to be able to buy it with a pen-type UV emitter....

L
    I’ve never heard of it. It’d need to be dual cure as the light’s going to have trouble passing through the metal wings. Also it’d have to be licensed for dental use, which I doubt.