closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches of the oscars

Watches of the oscars

Little article out watches at the Oscars 2020.

www.gq.com/story/oscars-2020-best-watches/amp

Never heard of Ikepod?

Craftsman
    GQ & most mens fashion publications need to step up their reporting.

I'm 100% sure we could find a better selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post
    Never heard of Ikepod?
    If you've never heard of Ikepod this will be a good video you've missed out on.

https://youtu.be/XC-nrqEHwjA

Master
    Ikepod co founded by Marc Newson who also designed the Apple Watch and a ton of other stuff as it turns out.

As it regards the "Watches of the oscars"... it looks like a good spread. Good to see the thin Bulgari beginning to make appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If you've never heard of Ikepod this will be a good video you've missed out on.

https://youtu.be/XC-nrqEHwjA
    Thanks, this is great. Hodinkee production quality has definitely improved since 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    As it regards the "Watches of the oscars"... it looks like a good spread. Good to see the thin Bulgari beginning to make appearances.
    Agree, it's great to see people recognising the quality of that Bulgari.

It is a pretty good group of watches.

whos the guy in the bus conductor uniform ? , youd think with all that money I am sure he has they would not have run out of material to make the proper length trousers, and I don't see much of a shine on the nikes ,least his missus made the effort .
    nice watch though

or am I just old :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    whos the guy in the bus conductor uniform ? , youd think with all that money I am sure he has they would not have run out of material to make the proper length trousers, and I don't see much of a shine on the nikes ,least his missus made the effort .
    nice watch though

Old and out of touch:-)

That is Spike Lee in an outfit meant as a tribute to Kobe Bryant.
    A huge basketball fan.

whos the guy in the bus conductor uniform ?
    To me he looks like the guy who operates the elevator in a fancy hotel.

Kanye needs to sell that bling and buy a shirt.

It's amazing that people who can acquire that amount of wealth don't seem to have the good sense to look in the mirror and conclude they look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post

It's amazing that people who can acquire that amount of wealth don't seem to have the good sense to look in the mirror and conclude they look ridiculous.
    Your sense of what looks good may not exactly coincide with his idea of good. What might look ridiculous to you might be cool for his generation or peers.
    He doesn’t have to conform to a old/middle aged British sensibilities. I wouldn’t dress as he does either but would not ridicule his choices either. FWIW, I think he is a clown with serious issues but not because of the way he dresses.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 13th February 2020 at 07:28.

Blog Entries
    Some nice (sports) models - but, considering it was a Tuxedo type of event, very few (if any) dress watches ...

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Your sense of what looks good may not exactly coincide with his idea of good. What might look ridiculous to you might be cool for his generation or peers.
    He doesn’t have to conform to a old/middle aged British sensibilities. I wouldn’t dress as he does either but would not ridicule his choices either. FWIW, I think he is a clown with serious issues but not because of the way he dresses.
    Mate using the word cool is a serious indicator that you are also old / Middle Aged and yes I am too. I just happen to work with loads of 20 year olds , so have some sort of indicator what inner city Londoner’s wear. None of them would be seen in anything like that or I daresay their New York equivalents
    Not sure what your beef is. He looks like a bus conductor ( Willy Wonka version ) full stop ! Or Period as you might say

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post

Got to say I laughted at this.

And, yes, he looks ridiculous to me too. I've longed since given up on what Hollywood thinks is cool anymore.

nice watch though

...image...

How about Billy Porter's gold and purple outfits? See link...I must be old because I have no idea who he is (and no desire to look him up on the net).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Mate using the word cool is a serious indicator that you are also old / Middle Aged and yes I am too. I just happen to work with loads of 20 year olds , so have some sort of indicator what inner city Londoner’s wear. None of them would be seen in anything like that or I daresay their New York equivalents
    Not sure what your beef is. He looks like a bus conductor ( Willy Wonka version ) full stop ! Or Period as you might say
    Lol. May be I am being a touch sensitive. As pointed before the colors are Laker colors and is a tribute to Kobe. Spike Lee is a huge basketball fan and is there at practically every NY Knicks game apart from being a very worthy filmmaker.
    What goes for fashion these days, particularly amongst African-American celebrities is certainly not my cup of tea.
    However, have seen enough of it to kind of become numb about it. I don’t feel offended/outraged/amused or gripped by a desire to poke fun or a put down. YMMV.

BTW, this is how media covered it:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadlin...202855206/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203498151/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....tfit-rolex/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esq...ryant-tribute/
    Last edited by RAJEN; 14th February 2020 at 11:08.

I knew it was Spike Lee, I knew about the Kobe Bryant link - but still thought he looked a bit silly.
    His trousers are clearly too short, but this is appears to be an American ‘thing’ - in fact I could pick out an American in a crowd as they all seem to wear their trousers this way? I have absolutely no idea why the concept of your trouser cuff resting gently on your shoes has failed to cross the Atlantic. Or calling trousers pants, and pants underpants. Or a suit jacket a coat, and a coat an overcoat. Even youngsters in the U.K. wear their trousers long enough, even if they wear them hanging low with their (under)pants on show. All very odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some nice watches but everything is new! Would be much better to see some real vintage watches with history behind them, I think it makes the owner more engaging but then I'm looking at it from a watch point..