closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mitchell Timepieces Raider

Master

Mitchell Timepieces Raider

I’ve been seeing this pop up on some Facebook groups - and must say I really quite like it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er-pilot-watch
    I bought one of their more modern watches, the B2, last August and think it’s very good. So when this campaign goes live I’m tempted to go for it.
    It’s a homage to the A10 watch that I understand was issued to the American military in WWII and comes in white and black dial versions, with the option of Steel or Bronze for both.
    The white has a full lume dial - and as I don’t own a watch like that it is this one, in SS, that I think I’ll go for.
    Movement is a Miyota 9039 - my only experience with this make is the 9015 I’ve got in the Newmark 71 and I have to say I’m blown away by that - it averages just +0.7 secs per day.
    I think Kickstarter costs will be $315 but of course there’s tax and postage to go on top of that. However, I think it’s a good price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    It's just gone live on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=thanks-copy

Master
    Here's a Video review of it

Master
    A new video review has just gone up on YouTube by Aron Dunlap

And for those interested in the History that inspired it - there's this one too

Master
    Well just got mine delivered today.

So far so good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems to be an lot of watch for the money.
    The original A11 is one of my favourite watches and it’s nice to see a few companies producing a homage to the type.

Interesting. Would be nice to see black painted hands, given the extreme contrast and legibility of the dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Seems to be an lot of watch for the money.
    The original A11 is one of my favourite watches and it’s nice to see a few companies producing a homage to the type.
    Well just in case anyone is interested, although I pre-ordered mine in March, from a post they put on FaceBook I believe they do have a limited number available now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Interesting. Would be nice to see black painted hands, given the extreme contrast and legibility of the dial.
    I agree - they obviously had the silvered hands for the Black Dial - and although you can see them OK'ish against the White Dial, black outlined ones would have been better.

However, when you go into an area that is comparatively 'dull' then the dial does begin to glow so you get a silhouette effect - which makes the identification of where the hands are a lot more easier.