closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: anOrdain

Master

anOrdain

The anOrdain website rewards exploring ... https://anordain.com/pages/about

Thanks, very nice, those dials are amazing.

I highly recommend the use of the shopping cart on the website...

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    I highly recommend the use of the shopping cart on the website...
    Never thought I'd have a hankering for such a thing but some of those dials, the play of light look amazing.

May I ask, is that a model 2 you have, which colour, and how does the size wear, what size is your wrist please...cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Never thought I'd have a hankering for such a thing but some of those dials, the play of light look amazing.

May I ask, is that a model 2 you have, which colour, and how does the size wear, what size is your wrist please...cheers.
    Happy to answer questions. Sadly not many reviews or information on these. A midnight green model 2. 7inch wrist.

I'm a fan of smaller watches and love the fit. The thick lugs and crown guards help add some bulk to the watch and lets it straddle between a field and dress watch.

The midnight green is a lot more subtle than their other dials but still has some lovely colour and depth which changes with the light. The way enamel reflects to light is quite mesmerising. Photos really don't do the dials justice. I've found strap changes really help change the colour and warmth from the dial and I can see myself switching the straps a bit.

For me the brushed case and dark subtle dial allow a bit more versatility and will ensure its a more long lasting watch and not a novelty as it was a sentimental purchase.

Their fume dials look amazing but just wasn't prepared to pay the extra without seeing one in the flesh. I love the way the numbers and indices just seem to float on the dial but just wasn't what I was after for this watch.

There's a couple of threads on watchuseek and a bit more talk about them over there. There's an update to the model 1 in the works apparently and I've even heard the words model 3 mentioned though that may just be people dreaing.

Purchasing was a pleasure and they were very responsive to questions.

Good luck resisting.

(Poor photos sorry but Tapatalk has become pretty restrictive with photo resolutions)
    Last edited by Dean Learner; 6th March 2020 at 12:15.

Thanks very much for the insight and sharing your experience. That looks to fit your wrist very nicely, the relative heftiness of the case seems to make it bigger than the dimensions would suggest. I've an 8 inch wrist but I'm really enjoying how a 38 mm x 47 mm Baltic feels and fits and wondering whether something slightly, more modest in proportion though certainly not personality may/may not work.

There is a blue fume dial that looks absolutely mesmeric, like watching flowing water over pebbles I imagine and you're absolutely spot on the indices appear to float, oh heck. I'll go take a look at WUS threads. For something truly unique and hand crafted, in the UK, even the price doesn't seem too silly and the 5 year warranty is a nice touch, inspires confidence.

Happy hunting. That blue does look stunning.

Master
    I'm sure that I read somewhere that they've invested in new printing equipment which improves the crispness of the dials on the revised Mk I. Good luck to 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    The anOrdain website rewards exploring ... https://anordain.com/pages/about

Just lovely. I’ve always found the website a bit of a nightmare though - too much web design and not enough product.... But there’s no denying how nice those really are :)

Journeyman
    very nice post thanks for sharing