closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega NATO straps

Master

Omega NATO straps

Evening all.
    Anyone bought one of these? Thinking about getting one for my PO ti. Specifically the grey with blue stripe as it has the blue dial.
    Would love to hear people opinions. Never had a nato before on any watch.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Could I suggest you try a Timefactors NATO and see how you get on with that and the buy an Omega if you like it.
    Obviously other decent NATO s are available, I am sure other can suggest their favourites.

Craftsman
    Haven't bought one, but the speedmaster came with a black one. Quality far exceeds any other strap I have used (haven't used TF strap).
    If you have never used nato before, may be worth trying a less expensive one to see if you like using nato strap.

Non Omega strap, bit my PO on a NATO.

Also wear with a grey NATO.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    The omega NATO’s are the best you can get. Nothing else even comes close to the quality.

Master
    For Nato straps I always get mine from here.
    https://www.esprit-nato.com/en/15-or...o-watch-straps
    Very well made and fast delivery.

Omega NATO straps

I’ve got 4 of them; 1 leather and the rest nylon. I know they aren’t cheap but they are by far the best quality nato straps I’ve seen and to me I feel that they are worth the money.

I’ve got the strap I think you mean - is it this one? I know it’s on a Rolex but you get the idea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Megatron; 13th February 2020 at 20:55.

Master
    Yeah that's the very one.
    Thanks for all the replies. If I'm gonna do it I'll go all in and just buy the Omega.
    I take it the Normal springbars are suitable?

Why buy the Omega ones if you can get the same / similar quality for a fraction of the price as was listed earlier- it’s just nylon, don’t overpay....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    Why buy the Omega ones if you can get the same / similar quality for a fraction of the price as was listed earlier- it’s just nylon, don’t overpay....
    Couldn't agree more only I'm what we would call a purist. I mean I spent 220 quid on the rubber strap for it. And it's just 2 pieces of rubber

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    Yeah that's the very one.
    Thanks for all the replies. If I'm gonna do it I'll go all in and just buy the Omega.
    I take it the Normal springbars are suitable?

If you order it from omega online it will come with springbars and a changing tool and mat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    If you order it from omega online it will come with springbars and a changing tool and mat.
    As above - this is what comes from Omega direct. Its a pretty decent little set, certainly helps with the "value for money" worries!

But the quality isn’t the same; it’s far superior

They are eye watering expensive but...
    they are the best NATO style strap on the market.
    They are soft but hard wearing, they are a little short but not too short, and the movable keeper helps keep it nice and tidy whilst being adjustable to all wrists.
    I had one on today and I prefer it over the bracelet any day. (Even compared to the bracelet with adjustable clasp).

Master
    Blog Entries
    What are the leather one’s like? Are they suitable for saltwater and swimming pool use?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They are eye watering expensive but...
    they are the best NATO style strap on the market.
    They are soft but hard wearing, they are a little short but not too short, and the movable keeper helps keep it nice and tidy whilst being adjustable to all wrists.
    I had one on today and I prefer it over the bracelet any day. (Even compared to the bracelet with adjustable clasp).
    Yes I've even got the adjustable clasp on my bracelet. Another expense. Just to try and get the perfect fit. It helps.
    Think I'll order one of these NATO straps..

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    What are the leather one’s like? Are they suitable for saltwater and swimming pool use?
    I’ve got the brown Navarro leather one on my Speedy at the minute and definitely not suitable for getting wet in my opinion. I’d say the same for the black nylon one with leather lining. They don’t feel and look like they’d cope well with going for a swim, and I’m not brave enough to try!

Master
    Yes I've even got the adjustable clasp on my bracelet. Another expense. Just to try and get the perfect fit. It helps.
    Think I'll order one of these NATO straps..

I have 4 and they are by far the comfiest NATO, the keepers are great design and quality and the “Omega” branded keeper is the perfect finishing touch in my opinion.

Yes you can spend way less but it’s nowhere near the same product.

Guys, try the one from Toxic straps....you'll thank me later

Why buy the Omega ones if you can get the same / similar quality for a fraction of the price...
    Because you can’t.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Guys, try the one from Toxic straps....you'll thank me later

The keepers don’t work for me...

I'd find the Omega Natos tough to justify. £25-30 would be my natural price limit, and for that Haveston straps are for me excellent https://www.haveston.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    But the quality isn’t the same; it’s far superior

Agreed, they might be expensive but they are a level above any other NATO out there IMO, and that includes the other premium ones.

Just wondering- Are the omega NATO straps you order separately the same as the extra ones they give you as part of the big Moonwatch box, or are they better?

Worth the money to me, have one on my SMPc.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’ve a grey/black one to go on my Speedie and yes I know you can get them far cheaper but the Omega ones are top quality and having the little Omega stamp on the keeper is a nice matching touch. Is it value for money, probably not but then again the watches aren’t exactly cheap either.

they are very well made and having the Omega pin buckle is nice to compliment the watch as is the other bits of branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    For Nato straps I always get mine from here.
    https://www.esprit-nato.com/en/15-or...o-watch-straps
    Very well made and fast delivery.
    Thanks for that - they offer hard-to-find 19mm, perfect for my CWC chrono. And they are in France, so cheap delivery costs for me.

Master
    I've got a black one for my Speedmaster but I'm not keen on the fit. I bought one from Bark and Jack in grey for £20, the finish is of a very high standard.

Master
    Gone ahead and ordered the grey and blue.
    Hopefully it'll meet my expectations.
    I just prefer to wear oem straps. Just my personal preference.
    I'll post a pic of it on the watch when it arrives next week.

Craftsman
    Late to the party here but you made a good choice and I think it will complement your watch nicely. I had the black/gray Omega nato on my Aqua Terra and it was superb. The quality and durability were the best I’ve seen in a nato.
    Having owned one, I’d have no hesitation in buying another if it was in the style I wanted.

Each to their own obviously but, personally, I don’t understand the argument of paying less for a non OEM strap purely because it’s cheaper. If you can afford an expensive watch I’m not sure why you’d then skimp on the strap/bracelet unless it was due to wanting a particular style.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Late to the party here but you made a good choice and I think it will complement your watch nicely. I had the black/gray Omega nato on my Aqua Terra and it was superb. The quality and durability were the best I’ve seen in a nato.
    Having owned one, I’d have no hesitation in buying another if it was in the style I wanted.

Each to their own obviously but, personally, I don’t understand the argument of paying less for a non OEM strap purely because it’s cheaper. If you can afford an expensive watch I’m not sure why you’d then skimp on the strap/bracelet unless it was due to wanting a particular style.

Kind of my thought's too but no disrespect to anyone that puts whatever on their watch. I just prefer to have the proper strap on the watch.
    So having never owned a Nato before can you get them wet?
    Generally after having the seals go on this watch I don't wear it in water too often, insurance claim of 1200 quid to get the watch fixed.
    I'll wear it swimming etc but for the shower, fish tank etc I take it off.

Craftsman
    I have bought a few from gheko straps and they have served well especially at the price point. Also quite comfortable.

Craftsman
    So having never owned a Nato before can you get them wet?
    Generally after having the seals go on this watch I don't wear it in water too often, insurance claim of 1200 quid to get the watch fixed.
    I'll wear it swimming etc but for the shower, fish tank etc I take it off.

You can get them wet. The watch might feel a bit loose though as nylon will stretch slightly when wet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    You can get them wet. The watch might feel a bit loose though as nylon will stretch slightly when wet.

Thanks for that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'd find the Omega Natos tough to justify. £25-30 would be my natural price limit, and for that Haveston straps are for me excellent https://www.haveston.com/
    £25-30 to keep a £2-4K watch safely on the wrist is a compromise in my book. But I am stickler for things matching. Non-OEM kit just doesn’t work for me (he says with a Bark & Jack NATO on his MB3, but the Bremont ones are rubbish).

It’s similar to people buying the cheapest tyres for their car. The one thing that keeps you on the road is worth paying for.

Master
    Just wondering- Are the omega NATO straps you order separately the same as the extra ones they give you as part of the big Moonwatch box, or are they better?
    The same.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I’ve got the brown Navarro leather one on my Speedy at the minute and definitely not suitable for getting wet in my opinion. I’d say the same for the black nylon one with leather lining. They don’t feel and look like they’d cope well with going for a swim, and I’m not brave enough to try!

Thank you - bit of a shame, that.

I’ll take a look next time I am passing Regent Street as I’d like to see the whole range

Master
    So it arrived this morning. Amazing service from Omega/DHL.
    It's really comfortable on my wrist but having never owned a NATO before I'm not actually sure if it's on right. Just doesn't look right in my opinion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    £25-30 to keep a £2-4K watch safely on the wrist is a compromise in my book. But I am stickler for things matching. Non-OEM kit just doesn’t work for me (he says with a Bark & Jack NATO on his MB3, but the Bremont ones are rubbish).

It’s similar to people buying the cheapest tyres for their car. The one thing that keeps you on the road is worth paying for.
    The Bremont ones are okay, they are far too long though. They were not bad value either when they included the buckle.

OP- Glad you are pleased with the strap, they are really nicely made.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post

Please explain the logic of how a £200 OEM NATO is going to keep any watch more safely attached to your wrist, than a £25 one?

Using a non-OEM NATO may be a compromise in terms of brand identity or coherency of aesthetics, the latter is a stretch given we're discussing the ubiquitously good looking Speedmaster, but it's most definitely NOT analogous to cheap tyres.

The pricing of Omega's NATOs is a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Please explain the logic of how a £200 OEM NATO is going to keep any watch more safely attached to your wrist, than a £25 one?

Using a non-OEM NATO may be a compromise in terms of brand identity or coherency of aesthetics, the latter is a stretch given we're discussing the ubiquitously good looking Speedmaster, but it's most definitely NOT analogous to cheap tyres.

The pricing of Omega's NATOs is a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns.
    Oh thanks for bringing this up - I missed watchmad's reply. I fully agree with your post. I'd also add the likely mode of failure would be the spring bars.

I think the best argument for an Omega NATO is if you really feel the need to have the matching hardware.

@sniper-sam - The Nato looks fine, not too sure why you think it doesn't look right?

Omega NATO straps

So it arrived this morning. Amazing service from Omega/DHL.
    It's really comfortable on my wrist but having never owned a NATO before I'm not actually sure if it's on right. Just doesn't look right in my opinion.

Congrats and glad you’re pleased. I think it might look
    a little odd to you as the first metal keeper seems a little further away from the watch head than on mine; try moving the watch around, maybe nearer towards it and you should fine a position where it sits properly and looks fine. I find they sometimes take a little bit of fiddling with before they sit and look right position wise.

Oh and they aren’t £200 they are £130. Value is subjective and personal so if someone wants to spend £100 more to dress up a multi thousand pound watch I can’t see the issue.

If Rolex offered these at this price point we’d all trample over each other in the hurry to proclaim what excellent value they were...

Master
    Thanks for the replies.
    I've fiddled about with the fit after posting the first pics. Think I've got it right now. They are that comfortable you'd nearly forget you've got a watch on.
    I could see these bring a bit of an addiction with the various colour combinations etc.

Journeyman
    These Omega NATOs are really nice, but quite overpriced IMHO. As are the leathers, buckles, etc..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Thanks for that - they offer hard-to-find 19mm, perfect for my CWC chrono. And they are in France, so cheap delivery costs for me.
    I am in the U.K. They usually deliver within a week.

Master

Omega NATO straps

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

They are £130 for a start not £200.

There’s no logic, just my opinion. And where does logic come into owning watches - I bet you own a Rolex.....why not a Casio? They both tell the time.

The tyre analogy makes perfect sense to me. Some people buy cheap tyres and some don’t. It doesn’t mean the car with cheap tyres will crash. It was simply to explain that some people see value in things others don’t.

People have a choice how they spend their money - £130 for a NATO, branded from the manufacturer works for me. Like beauty, value is in the eye of the beholder.

They also (used to come with this kit - tool, springbars and presentation box which works well as a travel box for a watch)

(Slightly aggressively written post by the way - it bet people love getting emails from you)
    Last edited by watchmad; 20th February 2020 at 10:17.

Master
    @watchmad totally agree with this.

Almost 24hours on and still liking the look. Even wore it in bed to see if it would become uncomfortable. You'd hardly know the watch is on your wrist.

Craftsman
    Do like mine, and no doubt will pick another up at some point. Excellent quality IMO, tried others but always went back to the Omega. Also got the nylon bracelet at half price recently that matches the NATO. I'm easily led....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Do like mine, and no doubt will pick another up at some point. Excellent quality IMO, tried others but always went back to the Omega. Also got the nylon bracelet at half price recently that matches the NATO. I'm easily led....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    That's what you call going all in! Haha, looks good together though. Do they do a match for each of the NATO designs?