closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega NATO straps

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    That's what you call going all in! Haha, looks good together though. Do they do a match for each of the NATO designs?
    Just had a quick look. Doesn't look like it but lots of colours to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Why does the website state that the price excludes the spring bar tool? Have you now got to order one separately and pay extra for it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Why does the website state that the price excludes the spring bar tool? Have you now got to order one separately and pay extra for it?
    Rob when my nato arrived on Tuesday it was minus the springbar tool. Could be added to the order for a tenner but I didn't need it.

Master
    This is starting to get expensive
    Again delivery from Switzerland is so fast.
    Ordered on Tuesday night, shipped Wednesday morning and delivered this morning.

That's a particularly nice one; I only wish they did the black 20mm strap you get with the Speedy in 22mm.

I have to say I would be inclined to buy a cheap £10 Nato to see if I liked the look/feel before spending £130 on one. I personally love the look of a Nato in pictures, but on the wrist I don’t like the watch being held off the wrist by the strap, and on most watches the way the strap bends over the springbars looks clumsy to me. I don’t find them any more comfortable than other strap types (and I’ve tried plenty of brands) and the way they stay wet for ages and stretch when damp is a dealbreaker for me. I think everything in the watch world has become insanely overpriced in the last 5 years - but I’m amazed a strip of nylon and tiny bits of metal are being sold for £130, I imagine the production cost is about £5! - everyone is entitled to spend their money how they want but as a litmus test for overpricing I think these ‘luxury Nylon straps’ take the biscuit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Some fairly valid points there Rob. I've never owned a NATO before but going by what others have the look and feel of the Omega one is very different than a cheap one so for my buying a cheapo and trying it, it wouldn't give me an accurate idea of what the omega would be like.
    Also I've found that the Omega one doesn't really stretch when it's wet and it actually dries pretty quick too. I've worn it in the shower to test this.
    I do agree with you on pricing, no doubt the Omega nato is top quality but it has to be massively over priced for what it makes to produce.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I have to say I would be inclined to buy a cheap £10 Nato to see if I liked the look/feel before spending £130 on one. I personally love the look of a Nato in pictures, but on the wrist I don’t like the watch being held off the wrist by the strap, and on most watches the way the strap bends over the springbars looks clumsy to me. I don’t find them any more comfortable than other strap types (and I’ve tried plenty of brands) and the way they stay wet for ages and stretch when damp is a dealbreaker for me. I think everything in the watch world has become insanely overpriced in the last 5 years - but I’m amazed a strip of nylon and tiny bits of metal are being sold for £130, I imagine the production cost is about £5! - everyone is entitled to spend their money how they want but as a litmus test for overpricing I think these ‘luxury Nylon straps’ take the biscuit!
    Same for me. I love the look of natos (and have tried my Seamaster on an Omega one) but they don't work for me in practice. I like the ability quickly to clean and dry bracelet or rubber.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    This is starting to get expensive
    Again delivery from Switzerland is so fast.
    Ordered on Tuesday night, shipped Wednesday morning and delivered this morning.

Very nice! I have the same one on my AT