closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do You Ever Ask Yourself Why

Hybrid View

Do You Ever Ask Yourself Why

I have 42 watches, and junk watch. The junk watch cost me £5 from China. It has a quartz movement that keeps fantastic time, and hasn't been adjusted in the 9 months I have owned it. It has some sort of glass, and although I only wear it when doing manual jobs, it has never got scratched. It doesn't have any waterproof guarantee, but I have got it wet numerous times. The bezel is a little loose fitting, but not bad none the less. The original bracelet fell apart, so I put on a Rotary bracelet I had knocking around. The thing is, it cost £5, it looks quite nice, and it keeps very good time. Believe it or not, the second hand even hits the markers. So, do you ever ask yourself, why have I spent all this money

Picture of the watch prior to it's existing bracelet

I bought a watch from Amazon for £1.24 because - at the time - it was the cheapest on there. It keeps good time, has an unbranded, minimalist look, stainless steel case, K1 mineral glass and wears well on any cheap NATO I fancy. Could have stopped there, it serves most purposes. But now I have north of 30 others. It's a mild addiction that stands well outside Reason, and I thoroughly enjoy all of it.

Must sell some stuff soon, mind...

That is easy to say when you have 41 other watches and already indulged your interests and wants.

I know what you mean though.

I have a lot of fun regulating cheap watches myself to be very accurate.

A £28 Vostok Komandirskie can be opened and regulated with a single small flat head screwdriver only.

I recorded + 1 second over 9 hours yesterday lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    Do You Ever Ask Yourself Why [/img]
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

What is that - a Gonewa? Is that Chinglish for gonorrhea? Anyway, welcome to the forum Wiggles. Looking forward to seeing some of your other watches that aren't junky, poor value, Parnis-type specials.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 13th February 2020 at 18:34.

Master
    Well, its not that WE ask ourselves why, but it IS the question that all the rest of (non-WIS) humanity - especially long suffering partners - ask with increasing bafflement!

Someone (famous) said anyone who pays more than £20 for a watch is an idiot (someone remind me who) - they are utterly right but that doesn't stop us!!!!

Hahahaha!

Err, no.
    F.T.F.A.

No, never.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
    I have 42 watches, and junk watch. The junk watch cost me £5 from China. It has a quartz movement that keeps fantastic time, and hasn't been adjusted in the 9 months I have owned it. It has some sort of glass, and although I only wear it when doing manual jobs, it has never got scratched. It doesn't have any waterproof guarantee, but I have got it wet numerous times. The bezel is a little loose fitting, but not bad none the less. The original bracelet fell apart, so I put on a Rotary bracelet I had knocking around. The thing is, it cost £5, it looks quite nice, and it keeps very good time. Believe it or not, the second hand even hits the markers. So, do you ever ask yourself, why have I spent all this money

Picture of the watch prior to it's existing bracelet
    Are you Mrs Wiggles from The Watch Forum?

Please don't clog up this forum as well with your 'Chinese watches are the best' propaganda. Tedious!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Are you Mrs Wiggles from The Watch Forum?

Please don't clog up this forum as well with your 'Chinese watches are the best' propaganda. Tedious!
    https://www.watchfreeks.com/33-gener...h-section.html

https://www.watchfreeks.com/33-gener...ml#post2745851

I'd ask why you didn't put that £5 towards something decent.