closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mobile World Congress Cancelled

Mobile World Congress Cancelled

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...onavirus-fears

Well that’s messed up my month, 11 meetings in two days cancelled, but better safe than sorry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post

Well that’s messed up my month, 11 meetings in two days cancelled, but better safe than sorry!!!
    Can’t you just dial in?

Blog Entries
    Online discussions, mail lists, private web forums, video conferencing, good old phone call,s etc.

It seems to me that there are remarkably few genuine reasons for business travel nowadays. There is surely just no genuine need to be physically in the same room to have a meeting.

Never quite the same and you get to have some bonding drinks!! Never work over WebEx

Blog Entries
    Never quite the same and you get to have some bonding drinks!! Never work over WebEx
    I accept that online communications are never quite the same but, indeed, may be more efficient. ;-)

It depends on personal preferences and experiences, I think.

Totally agree. 6 hour return to Leeds today for a 1 hour meeting. Totally worth it and got more out of it than I would have in 20 hours of calls. Must be frustrating for you I'm sure.

My wife was a guest speaker at the event - she was due to be flown out, limoed, wined and dined and do her thing.

She's a bit put out.

Still, she is due at Unesco (again) shortly, so will have to console herself with that.

Obviously it had to be cancelled, but she is in a bit of a mood this evening.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can’t you just dial in?
    ISWYDT

Awful luck. MWC is such a great indicator of new tech to come.

Master
    Speaking on behalf of everyone that has actually had to work at MWC on a booth...there will be delight amongst we worker bees.

I work in stand design and build for exhibitions and trade shows so I'm already there!

One of our clients is a fairly big player at MWC and we were already 3 days in to our build yesterday when it was canned.

These big stands can be worth serious money. I'll be interested to see who ends up having to foot the bill in the end.
    I think it would cripple GSMA (the organisers) if it were them.

Quote Originally Posted by will852 View Post
    I work in stand design and build for exhibitions and trade shows so I'm already there!

One of our clients is a fairly big player at MWC and we were already 3 days in to our build yesterday when it was canned.

These big stands can be worth serious money. I'll be interested to see who ends up having to foot the bill in the end.
    I think it would cripple GSMA (the organisers) if it were them.
    I was told that that exhibitors could pull out by Friday and get some money back, which is why people started to pull out this week.

The GSMA have insurance apparently for such an event and that was a driver too.

Seamed a little early to make the decision but apparently the EU and WHO were involved too in the decision. Best to be safe!!