closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPad mini fault.

iPad mini fault.

my iPad mini 5 is faulty, the “hey Siri” function has stopped working but accessing Siri by using the home button still works. Checked all the settings and they are on for Siri.
    I’ve been on the phone with Apple, restored iPad, no luck, I now have to take the iPad to an Apple store, I was told because it’s a software issue and not hardware, posting the iPad in is not an option! The store is a 3 hour round trip, just wondering if anyone has come across this fault on the iPad, to save me a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I don’t think there is a low power mode on the iPad.

When you restored the iPad to factory settings did you restore from backup or set up as new and then test "hey Siri"? Also it might be worth restoring via DFU mode but that might be overkill.

When you restored the iPad to factory settings did you restore from backup or set up as new and then test "hey Siri"? Also it might be worth restoring via DFU mode but that might be overkill.
    I tried both ways, first from iCloud with backup, then as new from iTunes.

it’s strange as I said Siri works from the home button but won’t with “hey Siri”, the Voice memo app doesn’t work either, which sounds like it’s a faulty mic but doesn’t explain why the home button Siri hasn’t been affected.

Can you retrain your voice? Hey Siri only works on your voice not someone else's.

Can you retrain your voice? Hey Siri only works on your voice not someone else's.
    I can’t set up Siri with a voice command, now that I have reset the iPad, as when it asks me to repeat “hey Siri” 5 times, in the setup process, it can’t hear me say it!!

Very very weird. Certainly wouldn't want to drive 3 hours for that!

Very very weird. Certainly wouldn't want to drive 3 hours for that!
    my thought too, if a software fault can’t be fixed with online support, why I can’t mail the iPad in is not the service I would expect from Apple.

I might try support again, see if that really is the policy.

I tried online chat this time, they have now decided it is a hardware fault, I had to remind them they said hardware faults could be mailed in, they went away, checked then agreed, then sent me a bill for £100 to pay,!! I told them surely it’s a warranty repair, they assured me the money would be refund if the fault wasn’t caused by me!! So if I’m lucky I’ll only be out £100 for a couple of weeks at most!

Apple service has gone down hill.

I doubt they will charge. Usually apple are quite good and just put a hold on the card instead, similar to how hotels do. Once it's determined as their fault they'll cancel the hold.

I doubt they will charge. Usually apple are quite good and just put a hold on the card instead, similar to how hotels do. Once it's determined as their fault they'll cancel the hold.
    Oh right, not as bad then, the link they send me was just the bog standard service charge page.

I’ve saved some of the 3 hours travel time I guess lol

thanks for the help.