closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not stolen but BEWARE : SUPERFAKE. Rolex 116520 : 0267N348

Master

Not stolen but BEWARE : SUPERFAKE. Rolex 116520 : 0267N348

This SUPERFAKE copy of a white dial Rolex Daytona was offered for sale in Chester yesterday, 10th February 2020.

116520 - 0267N348

Bracelet marked (incorrectly) as a 78590 with 5NF in the clasp and end-link 9US.

The young man bearing it was clearly advised that it was not genuine.

H

Craftsman
    How did the young man react? You'd expect at least some shock (if not fainting) if he thought it was real.

Master
    This one had received it from his late grandfather, apparently.

Unfortunately this is a line that crooks will often use, as it distances them from the item if it turns out to be incorrect. That is not to make any judgement of the individual here, who may indeed have been in the genuine, sad circumstance described.

I was not there in person but believe that he accepted the disappointing news with good grace, concluding that his grandfather must have been "had," as my colleagues related it.

Master
    Unaware that there was a super fake Daytona. I know they tried modding a 7750 so the seconds ran at 6 but the case was all wrong. Anymore details on the tells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Unaware that there was a super fake Daytona. I know they tried modding a 7750 so the seconds ran at 6 but the case was all wrong. Anymore details on the tells?

First, change your mind-set. These SuperFakes are evolving quickly and we're seeing different strengths / weaknesses all the time. My impression is that the baddies have been making good money from daft private and trade buyers and so there is plenty of resource and incentive to invest in even closer replication.

This particular one had some minor dial failings, the case proportions were incorrect and so was the numbering. Didn't need to open it up, but am afraid to say that it would have fooled many. Put it with a genuine box, swing-tag and instruction book, add a £30 fake warranty card with matching numbers printed to order and it would sadly be a convincing set for the endless pool of naive buyers queueing for a bargain.

It makes arrests such as the one we brought about yesterday and convictions like those of BREEN a month or two ago all the more satisfying. Others in the pipeline :-)

Journeyman
    Is this a Rolex only thing or are Omega Moon or similar faked in the same way?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestofthebest View Post
    Is this a Rolex only thing or are Omega Moon or similar faked in the same way?
    The most popular brands are always faked in varying degrees with the most emphasis placed on Rolex and Hublot, indeed the Hublot fakes are the ones who get under the radar most as they are superbly done and knowledge base is less so they get spotted less
    RIAC

Master
    Scary stuff H,! I always worried more about subs as these are pretty darn good these days and the old mark 1 dssd got scary good with even a clone movement.