timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex AD charging for warranty return

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    My two pence worth
    Dealer sends watch back to rolex charges £30
    He is merely covering his cost there will be no payment to him from rolex
    Regarding bmw dealers doing warranty work for cars that were not purchased from them
    Of course they will each warranty job has a set rate of payment to the repairing dealer
    As a last point i took a panerai to the london boutique for a repair (the watch came from an italian dealer)
    They did not charge to send and sent it back to me free of charge,mind you whilst at the boutique dropping the watch of i did buy two others
    So i suppose a lot goes down to the dealer swallowing the cost to build a relationship or charging and potentially upsetting a customer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And ADs don’t need to build a relationship with a sports Rolex buying customer who will buy one from wherever available.

Paying to have another dealer than the original seller send a watch for a service: mean spirited but acceptable.
    Paying anyone to send a watch under guarantee because it is faulty: out of the question.
    Among all the shit ADs have to swallow to keep their Rolex authorisation, I would think this is small beer.
    I would however make it a point of principle.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear. I’m moving to a different country and the nearest AD is probably a 5hr drive away - probably cheaper to fly back to UK tbh than drive that with tolls. Not sure how reliable the postal service is yet. Time will tell.

If you fly back to the UK you'll have to take public transport. Dearer than even the Normandy motorway
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen appears to be the new strategy!
    What's more it certainly seems to be working with people queuing up around the proverbial block to join the ranks of the abused - even paying well above retail for the privilege.
    Incredible marketing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bremont offered to send a courier to pick up my watch from my house when it needed work under warranty. Crap company though ;)

Master
    Another black mark against the company who it seems cannot do anything to dissuade the clamouring hordes from handing them thousands of pounds.

I have little doubt the root of this problem is Rolex and not the ADs. I think other brands must simply be re-compensing ADs for such warranty returns.

Given Rolex's rep for reliability, I'd have thought covering such costs would be relatively minimal. Is their 2 secs accuracy commitment unsustainable without asking customers to foot the postage?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stefmcd; 12th February 2020 at 14:28.

Panerai:
    In Germany sending from Bucherer to service is free, unless you give up with the service (after the initial check in service) then you have to pay 60 Euro.
    In Poland - sending watch from Panerai AD to service ~ 80 Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Is their 2 secs accuracy commitment unsustainable without asking customers to foot the postage?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    They never managed to get my 116233 to within chronometer limits let alone +/-2; fortunately either Rolex or my AD footed the bill for the multiple trips it had to RSC UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

As others have said, not sure why another AD should incur an expense. I can't see there's a huge (if any) profit for them. How much do jewellers pay to send £10,000 watches fully insured?
    Plus the grief if it goes missing in transit. All on a watch they didn't supply or sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Bremont offered to send a courier to pick up my watch from my house when it needed work under warranty. Crap company though ;)
    Same for Moser, they send a courier regardless if its warranty work or a service (and then courier it back)

oh yeah...

Terrible company that Bremont, LOL! ;)