closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another interminable thread about indecision. Be warned: over RRP Rolex value content

Master
    Sell batman. Keep Kermit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Selling something to fund something else you want to do today is financial mismanagement.
    Flawed statement. You’re ignoring the asset value of the thing being funded. In this case bricks and mortar.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 13th February 2020 at 07:28.

Just wear and enjoy them. The omega speedy with dial mod would be sold if it were me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Flawed statement. You’re ignoring the asset value of the thing being funded. In this case bricks and mortar.
    Yes on the day of the transaction, your wealth remains the same. Your action is at least forgivable in the sense that you are selling an appreciating asset and pumping the money into another appreciating asset, so although it's not a disaster, it is still poor financial management.

Ideally you should have kept the watches, which you obviously like and saved the money to invest into the bricks and mortar, that way you are retaining your wealth and pumping your money into another appreciating asset.

You appear to be making some sort of distress sale (the Rolex) which is something that should never happen.

It is purely a lesson for the future.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Yes on the day of the transaction, your wealth remains the same. Your action is at least forgivable in the sense that you are selling an appreciating asset and pumping the money into another appreciating asset, so although it's not a disaster, it is still poor financial management.

Ideally you should have kept the watches, which you obviously like and saved the money to invest into the bricks and mortar, that way you are retaining your wealth and pumping your money into another appreciating asset.

You appear to be making some sort of distress sale (the Rolex) which is something that should never happen.

It is purely a lesson for the future.
    I'll ignore the condescension as it seems to be something of a smokescreen. I actually think you've got swept up in the current myopic hysteria around steel sports watches. If you repeat the mantra enough times you may start to believe it yourself..