closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To brush or not to brush...

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Edit..Although assume I need to find a friendly ceramic sub owning friend to be able to order the bracelet?
    Bracelets aren’t restricted parts as far as i’m aware so if you’ve got a Local AD with a parts account, you should be able to order one

Quote Refernces:
    97200 - SubC Brushed
    78200 - GMT PCL

Although on a 126710 you will need to use the original 1.5mm spring bars, and it takes some shoehorning to get the pivots to seat correctly into the holes.

Although i’m curious if a SDc 97400 bracelet might be a better fit with the 126710 (using exp 2.0mm spring bars), the endlinks are ever so slightly shorter so the lug hole position might be better. (Not got a 116600 on hand to experiment on lol)
    Last edited by endo; 10th February 2020 at 22:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Typical -- can't find my Bergeon tweezers anywhere but found a G-Shock I thought I lost!

Starting to think a spare GMT bracelet sent to Rocco would be better than the SubC bracelet. Easy link is 10x more practical than glide lock and as the clasp doesn't take up your entire wrist it's more comfortable too.
    Ah, Id not considered the difference in clasp size - that subC clasp looks massive by comparison. Why do you say Easy Link is more practical? Never had a play with a glidelock.

Journeyman
    Always prefer brushed centre links.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Ah, Id not considered the difference in clasp size - that subC clasp looks massive by comparison. Why do you say Easy Link is more practical? Never had a play with a glidelock.
    Glide lock has too many options and you can adjust it two or three times to get the right setting as there's a lot of flex. Easy link is just one setting and done. Also as the bracelet is smaller the fit for me personally is a lot better and more comfortable.

Journeyman
    I was kind of thinking about going brushed on my yachtmaster. Does anyone have any images of this combo or am I being pioneering here?

I wonder if a sub c bracelet would work on the 40 mm ym at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Bracelets aren’t restricted parts as far as i’m aware so if you’ve got a Local AD with a parts account, you should be able to order one

Quote Refernces:
    97200 - SubC Brushed
    78200 - GMT PCL

Although on a 126710 you will need to use the original 1.5mm spring bars, and it takes some shoehorning to get the pivots to seat correctly into the holes.

Although i’m curious if a SDc 97400 bracelet might be a better fit with the 126710 (using exp 2.0mm spring bars), the endlinks are ever so slightly shorter so the lug hole position might be better. (Not got a 116600 on hand to experiment on lol)
    Very useful, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, for anyone who might be even vaguely interested, I'm proceeding with this little project and will update the thread as and when. I'm going for the exact finish shown in the photos in the OP - can't wait to get it done and back with me.

Brushed over Bling any day for me Tony. Always associate polished with "jewellery" rather than "professional tool" when it comes to Rolex.

Will look great Tony. Would be interested in the cost and how long it takes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, for anyone who might be even vaguely interested, I'm proceeding with this little project and will update the thread as and when. I'm going for the exact finish shown in the photos in the OP - can't wait to get it done and back with me.
    Will be nice to see the "finished" pictures along with who carried out the work and price.

I think you have made the right choice.

Master
    I thought you got rid of the watch Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I thought you got rid of the watch Tony!
    The BLNR, Graham? No, I love it and intend to hang onto it for the long term.

I made enquiries about brushing the bracelet on mine before I sold it, I think its the way to go and would be very tempted if (when) I get another.

Looking forward to seeing this Tony