closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona £1300 service through an AD for a 16520 A serial

Threaded View

Master
    Blog Entries

Rolex Daytona £1300 service through an AD for a 16520 A serial

Well, after over two months of a wait I got the call from my local Rolex AD to come in and pick up my watch. So, this Saturday off I went with great expectation with the missus to pick it up. In we go to the AD and received the usual niceties (coffee etc.). I have developed a bit of a relationship with one of the sales executives and when he saw me he immediately went off to find my watch.
    The watch was was produced to me on a tray with the striped service stickers attached still from the green service pouch with bezel protector and the paper credit cart type warranty (no service booklet as I had expected with the card attached to the back page).
    After looking at the watch I was not very impressed, the bracelet was completely brushed with no high polished centre link (which IMO looked better but was no correct) and the fact that the second hand did not reset to zero. As, it should have when working the Chronograph. I returned the watch back to the staff and expressed my dissatisfaction. I was told that the watch wold be return to Rolex London to be rectified. The experience made me ponder if the watch had been serviced at the AD and not Rolex London as it recently attained service centre accreditation. Even thou I was assured that the work had been carried out by Rolex London. Any thoughts?

Full service £900, Zenith movement.
    New crown (compulsory requirement).
    1x pusher
    New crystal (which was insisted on and compulsory).
    Total £1315

Cheers,
    M
    Last edited by milwatch126; 9th February 2020 at 23:49.