closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Marbula 1 2020

Marbula 1 2020

Yes folks, it's almost time for the most important marble-based sporting event of the year: the 2020 Marbula One season
    16 of the most famous marble teams will battle it out over 8 race weekends to decide who will be the Marbula One champions.
    Will it be the O'Rangers? The most popular marble team with their rabid fan base and cries of "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH". Maybe it'll be perennial bad boys, Team Primary? Or plucky underdogs Team Momo who never really seemed to recover from the devastating injury suffered by team member Momomomo in the 2017 Marbylmpics.
    I will be cheering on top British team the Green Ducks who I have supported since their inception early last year.

Anyhoo, see the trailer for the forthcoming season.

A bit of background: somehow the 2019 Marbylmpic Qualifiers were recommended to me by some sort of Youtube algorithm and I clicked on it expecting a load of crap but what I actually got was a strangely addictive channel with incredibly high production values that made me have to support a marble team. Even the wife and kid watch it with me now. This thing is getting big: there are about 700,000 subscribers, a dedicated wiki (https://jellesmarbleruns.fandom.com/...le_League_Wiki) and you can buy team merchandise in the online shop!

Check out some of the posters you can buy. Pretty damn cool.

Anyway, pick a team and I'll see you all for the qualifying next Saturday!

Brilliant!

I love the artwork – very Mille Miglia.

Go Green Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Brilliant!

I love the artwork – very Mille Miglia.
    It's great isn't it? Here's the complete set:

Here's a quick update to the thread that everybody* is talking about! Qualifying is tomorrow and I for one could not be more excited:

*nobody

Welcome back marble fans! It's the latest update for Youtube's most exciting sport that only I and possibly Onelasttime give a crap about!

What a qualifying session! The hosts fail big time, the Marbula One big-Ferrariesque team grabs pole and my own Green Ducks... well, they were a bit disappointing. Plenty of work for them to do tomorrow if they've any chance of winning the inaugural Marbula One Grand Prix!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update!!

Exclamation marks!!!

Frustrating that the video kept freezing while the commentary continued …

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Frustrating that the video kept freezing while the commentary continued …
    I watched it live (like a true fan does) but just watched the video and seems okay?

Thrills! Spills! Marbills! What an incredible race. I was on the edge of my seat throughout. There was more overtaking than in an entire season of that lesser sport, Formula One.

See you all next week marble fans #quackattack

This week we're at the O'raceway - home of the mighty O'rangers and what a disaster they had. Enough of the spoilers - enjoy the qualifying!

Craftsman
    I sat and watched those videos end to end....!!

Wow, just wow. What another incredible race! Almost a tragic accident and a yellow flag just added to the exceitement.
    Personally I'm trying not to get too smug like some sort of Lewis Hamilton fanboy on the lesser Formula 1 thread....

150 of you have checked out this thread since the last time I updated it (yes, I am checking) so pick a team and get supporting people.

#QUACKATTACK!

Craftsman
    Couldn’t find it listed on the Skybet app....

Quote Originally Posted by PHB1969 View Post
    Couldn’t find it listed on the Skybet app....
    Pick your team and we'll get some sort of TZ-UK fundraiser bet going.

Back home so I can finally get YouTube working. Oh my giddy aunt. How have I not heard of this before. A bit of research(a lot) and I'll get behind a team. A few pointers wouldn't go a miss though. I'm looking for a lando norris type team

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Welcome back marble fans! It's time for one of the more technical circuits in the Marbula 1 calendar: The Momotorway, home of Team Momo. Who can possibly forget when team member Momomomo suffered that terrible injury back in Marble League 2017? Please don't look at the picture below if you're squeamish.

Anyway, here's the track:

And here's qualifying:

Can Team Galactic hold on to their 7 point lead at the top? Find out tomorrow!

Canada 2011, Monaco 1982, Belgium 1998, Japan 1976 and now this: Momotorway 2020. Surely one of the greatest races in history.

I'm still out of breath after that one! See you next week marble fans*.

*or fan

Welcome back marble fans to what is now officially TZ-UK's most talking-to-myself thread. We're off to The Hivedrive this week, home of the Hornets and if this weeks qualifying is anything to go by then tomorrow's race is going to be a corker!

Don’t worry mate, we may be silent but this thread reminds me to watch both the qualis and the race. Strangely compelling.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

37 overtakes in the top 5 alone!

See you next week marble fans!

Welcome back marble fans! The Marbula 1 juggernaut rolls on, unhindered by trivialities such as deadly viral pandemics. Yes, this is now THE sporting event of the weekend so make sure YOU don't miss out.

This weekend we're at Greenstone, home of my very own team, the mighty Green Ducks #quackattack

It's tight at the top with the Hazers, Savage Speeders and Team Galactic starting to put some daylight between themselves and the Green Ducks in 4th. Can any other team hope to break into the top 3? Qualifying is tomorrow at 8pm so be there or be square which is also the worst shape for a marble. Coincidence? I think not...

Is there a sport more popular this weekend than Marbula 1? No.

Here's the qualifying:

See you all tomorrow for the race!

12,000 live viewers make Marbula 1 one of the world's most watched sports this weekend! Many, many more hundreds of thousands will watch the replay and who can blame them.
    Has the home race curse that has afflicted every team so far been lifted? Find out below!

See you next week Marble fans!

Hello again marble fans! For those who just can't wait for next weekend's Marbula One race here's a filler for you. Marble racing is going viral - over 33 million views for one twitter video!

https://twitter.com/davdchristmas/st...96410857340933

It's the update that everyone on TZUK has been waiting for! The thread that's religiously followed by the (very) silent majority! It's almost time for the next round of Marbula One! Exclamation marks!
    This weekend we're at The Short Circuit, home of The Thunderbolts. Can anyone else break into the top 3? Qualifying is tomorrow and the race on Sunday. See you then marble fans!

I've just sat down and watched a few races. I must say I'm finding it difficult to find a team to invest into as I'm only just starting out. I'd obviously like to go British but find myself drawn to O'rangers after the last race. A very gutsy race. More time reading and watching, much to the confusion of the wife

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I've just sat down and watched a few races. I must say I'm finding it difficult to find a team to invest into as I'm only just starting out. I'd obviously like to go British but find myself drawn to O'rangers after the last race. A very gutsy race. More time reading and watching, much to the confusion of the wife
    Ooooh. I was so close to setting a new TZUK record of consecutive posts in a thread without reply from another member but you ruined it. Anyway, the O'Rangers (an American team) are probably the biggest team in marble sports right now - a bit like Man Utd. Listen carefully for the crowd going "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh" everytime they're on track. Like Man Utd, everyone else hates them. To help you choose someone else, here's a handy list:

Team Primary: Dutch-ish
    Savage Speeders: French-ish
    Team Galactic are from some sort of Space City somewhere. Probably Russia?
    Hornets are eastern European
    Balls of Chaos are Chinese
    Midnight Wisps are Scandinavian
    Green Ducks are British
    Mellow Yellow: nobody knows
    Thunderbolts are Northen European. German maybe?
    Raspberry Racers: no idea
    The Hazers' origin is, so to speak, clouded in mystery
    Snowballs are North American
    Limers are from somewhere in Dalmatia
    Rojo Rollers are from somewere in Central America
    Team Momo are Japanese

Loads more info in the Marbula One Wiki: https://jellesmarbleruns.fandom.com/...la_One_2019/20

On with the qualifying:

See you at 8pm tomorrow for the race live on Youtube!

I'm sorry I messed up your uncommented run of posts. Thank you for the information anyway and after reading through it all I can't past the Green ducks. Got to support the local team haven't you?

Now to go full bore and get a t-shirt and maybe a tattoo

I'm sorry I messed up your uncommented run of posts. Thank you for the information anyway and after reading through it all I can't past the Green ducks. Got to support the local team haven't you?

Now to go full bore and get a t-shirt and maybe a tattoo.
    And a mug, hoodie, poster, baseball cap, stickers etc https://teespring.com/stores/jelles?...tsmic=campaign

Apology not required - just glad others are getting into it :D

#quackattack

Waiting for 8pm. Hope I'm not too pissed and forget

What a race!

See you next week marble fans!

Welcome back marble fans! This week it's the Razzway GP, home of the Raspberry Racers. Quite a technical track in a sort of Suzuka style:

Here's the current leaderboard. Can the top 3 be stopped? Maybe there's a few shocks in qualifying...

See you tomorrow for the race Marble fans!

ZOMG! 20,000 live viewers watched undoubtedly one of the greatest marble races ever! Yellow flags! Red Flags! Track Invasions! More exclamation marks!! This race had it all!

Just caught up with this. Wow a great race that had everything in it. A poor showing by the Ducks though starting 6th and finishing 11th

Just caught up with this. Wow a great race that had everything in it. A poor showing by the Ducks though starting 6th and finishing 11th

The track invasion was definitely a funny moment! Looks like the Ducks are now out with just 1 race remaining :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    The track invasion was definitely a funny moment! Looks like the Ducks are now out with just 1 race remaining :(
    Security marbles

Smoggy was out there on its own, and some great racing by Orange and Mimo. A classic!

It's the final race of the inaugural and only 4 teams are in with a shot at the title: the Hazers, Savage Speeders, O'Rangers and Team Galactic. Bit of a controversial qualifying session this one: see for yourself!

A great run by Mallard of the green ducks. Hopefully a good finish will be on the cards for the race but the third sector seems to be the undoing for a lot of racers.

This is it... the final race of the first ever Marbula One season. No spoilers yet!

Excellent result.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Nice race and not a bad final standing for the Green ducks. Now have to endure the wait to next season.

Congratulations to both the Savage Speeders for being the top team and also Speedy for winning the individual championship. A new season is due to start in the autumn although there is also rumour of new "Marbula E" league before that which I can only assume will be featuring the failed marbles from Marbula One.

Hope you all enjoyed it and see you in the autumn! Or before!

Go Green Ducks! #quackattack

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Congratulations to both the Savage Speeders for being the top team and also Speedy for winning the individual championship. A new season is due to start in the autumn although there is also rumour of new "Marbula E" league before that which I can only assume will be featuring the failed marbles from Marbula One.

Hope you all enjoyed it and see you in the autumn! Or before!

Go Green Ducks! #quackattack
    Are any rule changes planned for next season? Will there be a budget cap?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Are any rule changes planned for next season? Will there be a budget cap?
    Given the increased popularity of the sport I hope that it doesn't become too money orientated with team sponsors coming on board demanding their slice of TV coverage and podium positions.

Incomes could be spent on the increased perfectioning of the polished spherical surface thus ensuring an increase in acceleration, handling and outright top speed. Minimising rolling resistance is key here, with the lower ranked teams potentially losing pace as their own technologies fall behind those of more well funded teams.

Then there's the temptation to add, for example, tungsten weights to each team member in order to decrease deflection when hit and increase their ability to barge their way through the racing pack. Hidden balance/counter balance systems could also be developed and deployed aiding stability and direction control.

I'm not sure how stringent the parc ferme regulations are and how strict and thorough the stewards check each competitor, if there's a loophole here it'll need to be closed.

There's already enough controversy over Speedy's qualifying lap which led to his pole position and eventual race win. The hashtag #savagecheaters is already doing the rounds, especially with Hazers fans.
    I prefer to remember a season of incredible racing and just wanted to share the final championship podium:

Watching "Last week tonight" with John Oliver and this came up.

https://youtu.be/z4gBMw64aqk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam.../1100-6477448/

The sport is finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Master
    article in the Guardian today about Jelle's Marble Racing; https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-marble-racing