closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex price list UK 2001

Craftsman

Rolex price list UK 2001

Bit of a long shot does anyone have a 2001 price list they no longer want thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I don’t have a price list, but I do remember very well the price of a Pepsi GMT Master II - £2,350. That’s when I bought my first proper watch, I literally saw it in the ADs window one lunchtime, walked into the shop and bought it.
    Ohhhhhhh my, how times have changed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    I don’t have a price list, but I do remember very well the price of a Pepsi GMT Master II - £2,350. That’s when I bought my first proper watch, I literally saw it in the ADs window one lunchtime, walked into the shop and bought it.
    Ohhhhhhh my, how times have changed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lucky so, and so. If you had a Crystal ball you would of stocked up :)

Master
    A DJ with the plain bezel not the fluted one was £1800 on a jubilee. I got a pre-owned one 18 mnths old for a £1k. Submariner was £2350. I got a year old one from some I knew at WoS (his own watch) for £1900. When it came out the kermit was £3250 I think which I thought was too expensive and there wasn't a long wait as I recall. Prices seemed to rise slower as well. Maybe my mind remembering a golden age!. i had a couple of pre-owned watches from WoS on interest free credit so a £2.5k IWC that was selling for £1800 was £104 per month. Mike Wood had Seamasters selling for £600 I think. That was a bread and butter watch that you could treat yourself to without much heartache over the price. Mike or Heywood could prob give you a comprehensive price structure over the last 20yrs

I’ve got one but I can’t let it go unfortunately. Happy to scan it or copy it if it’s just info you want.

I hear that in 2001 you went into an AD, asked for a SS model, and then it would be sourced and usually be on your wrist within a month.

Surely such wild stories can’t be true.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I hear that in 2001 you went into an AD, asked for a SS model, and then it would be sourced and usually be on your wrist within a month.

Surely such wild stories can’t be true.

No quite...I went on the waiting list in 1999 at my local AD for a sub date and it arrived 23 months later. This was a time when sea dwellers and GMT’s however were often seen in the window.

Kermit was £2650 I think and Sub Date £2350.

£2120 the sub date

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    £2120 the sub date
    Or equivalent to around 5300 CHF. Now costs around 8800 CHF.

2440 GBP for my SD.....price remained unchanged for several years. I was offered the SD as an alternative to the Submariner Date as the waiting lists were long and the Sub was not easy to obtain......so in some ways not a lot has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody74 View Post
    2440 GBP for my SD.....price remained unchanged for several years. I was offered the SD as an alternative to the Submariner Date as the waiting lists were long and the Sub was not easy to obtain......so in some ways not a lot has changed.
    Sub Date 16610s were very hard to find in the UK. I ended up getting mine totally by chance in 2001 from Mayors in Atlanta. I couldn't help noticing that there were two of them in the window display as I was walking by.

Master
    I must have beat an increase! Bought one in June 2001 £2,270. I remember a Sub was £100 cheaper - £2,170. (EDIT: Remembered wrong, it appears, £2,120 in the September catalogue.)

I got lucky as I enquired and they had one a customer had "ordered" but then declined.

EDIT: Bizarrely, when I checked, I put down £100 deposit in December 2000! The receipt showed the price as £2,270 so whether they honoured that price in June 2001 or whether the price rise occurred later in the year, who knows?!
    Last edited by David_D; 7th February 2020 at 21:16.

Craftsman

£2440 less 10% discount for me back in the day.

Master
    Had a dig about and I've got :

1 August 1988

1 July 1996

1 September 2000

Afraid I'm hanging on to them but can supply a price or two, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Kermit was £2650 I think and Sub Date £2350.
    Not in 2001 it wasn’t ;)

Kermit launched at the end of 2003 in Y serial, and then F serial etc.
    It's just a matter of time...

I had to wait a lot longer for my first SD than a Sub around that time, and £2440 list. My Explorer II was £2100, but I managed to pick up 2 Explorer 114270’s for £3000 for both.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies
    I've managed to source a 2003 list so that will suffice :-)