closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Schofield

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    My GF is a nurse and now has to wear a rainbow badge to show support, arrgghh
    I don't think NHS staff have to wear a rainbow badge, rather that they can choose to or not.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I don't think NHS staff have to wear a rainbow badge, rather that they can choose to or not.

R
    If you see one of our staff wearing a rainbow badge, they have made an informed choice to do so. This means you can be sure they are a friendly ear, willing to listen without judgment and will know how to signpost to the support available. So please don't be afraid to talk to them.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I really hope this whole thing about a 15 year old boy isn’t true. What is it with celebrities and social media, ‘following’ children on Twitter ffs. First the Scottish MP thing, which sounds very fishy - then (allegedly) this. I wouldn’t dream of ‘following’ a 15 year old girl on Twitter, let alone asking her out for a coffee or instigating any kind of relationship and I’m not a celebrity - it’s just not something that would even cross my mind, like I wouldn’t be a pen friend back in the day with a child or sit next to a random young girl in a coffee shop and instigate a conversation. I’m 50 something, she’s 15 it just isn’t quite right. 2 middle aged men who have previously been in straight marriages ‘come out’ as gay and then there’s evidence (in 1 case at present) of involving a minor. Very dodgy - like an attempt is being made to somehow dodge the underage issue because of their sexuality. A paedophile is a paedophile, gay, straight or any way you want to describe your sexuality in 2020. Like I say I hope it isn’t true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I really hope this whole thing about a 15 year old boy isn’t true. What is it with celebrities and social media, ‘following’ children on Twitter ffs. First the Scottish MP thing, which sounds very fishy - then (allegedly) this. I wouldn’t dream of ‘following’ a 15 year old girl on Twitter, let alone asking her out for a coffee or instigating any kind of relationship and I’m not a celebrity - it’s just not something that would even cross my mind, like I wouldn’t be a pen friend back in the day with a child or sit next to a random young girl in a coffee shop and instigate a conversation. I’m 50 something, she’s 15 it just isn’t quite right. 2 middle aged men who have previously been in straight marriages ‘come out’ as gay and then there’s evidence (in 1 case at present) of involving a minor. Very dodgy - like an attempt is being made to somehow dodge the underage issue because of their sexuality. A paedophile is a paedophile, gay, straight or any way you want to describe your sexuality in 2020. Like I say I hope it isn’t true.

Of course it’s not limited to celebrities, but being a celebrity probably helps.

Spiked has an interesting take on it: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...lip-schofield/

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

On the money I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I feel sorry for his wife, her family, and his children.

He is 57 FFS - he could have come out some years ago if he wanted to, quite easily with no come back - I always assumed that both he and Andy Peters were gay, and I was very surprised when he married and had children.

Having children was his choice - marrying a women and spending many years as her husband was his choice.

Personally, it really doesn’t bother me, and I feel everyone should be free to express themselves as they choose, provided they don’t hurt others, but lesser celebs would be facing a little bit more of a backlash.
    Totally agree with that. Selling his story to a tabloid sums the bloke up. My family know one of the daughters from university, poor girl is really going through it. A very selfish man.

Master
    Better to come out than to "do a runner"! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Spiked has an interesting take on it: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...lip-schofield/
    My thoughts exactly, except much more eloquently put.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    As reality shaking as his outing is - what watch is he wearing?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    42 years have passed and the world has moved on.
    Sing, if you're glad to be straight.
    Sing if your happy to plate, just doesn't have the same ring about it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Very good!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I've missed this sharp humour here recently, nice one!

So this "runner" was 15 when Schofield started to converse with him on social media? Is that right?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Interesting.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    i found this a surprise. It so sad that someone feels they have to lie about who they are but i guess things were very different when he started out.
    I was surprised......that He has a wife and two daughters.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    Interesting.
    Very. Was there a few subtle clues there?

I always thought he was, and that Andi Peters also.

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    I must have terrible gaydar as I was actually surprised.
    I wonder if its possible for someone to be completely hetro then become gay later in life, or vice versa?
    I didn't like sweet peppers as a child now I love them, so why can't sexuality work that way?
    It's Brussel sprouts for me, life can be strange....

Craftsman
    Having watched him come out on TV, did he actually put on a gayer voice for it?

Master
    There’s a huge storm being covered up at the moment surrounding his alleged young boyfriend. Wonder if we’ll ever know what happened surrounding this fella, I mean Phill has known him since the lad was 10 so it’s strange they fell out.

I think that’s all safe haha

Spitting Image way back in the early 90’s https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AfhlGVhWJ14

Master
    Would everyone be treating him the same way if he came out as having been banging a woman behind his wife’s back ? We all know the answer is no, then he’d have been vilified by the press not exactly equality is it, does this make it hetrophobic ?

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Would everyone be treating him the same way if he came out as having been banging a woman behind his wife’s back ? We all know the answer is no, then he’d have been vilified by the press not exactly equality is it, does this make it hetrophobic ?
    Except he hasn’t come out as ‘banging’ anyone, just deciding to tell everyone he’s gay after years of marriage?!? I don’t really understand why he feels he has to share with the nation tbh

Master
    Except he hasn’t come out as ‘banging’ anyone, just deciding to tell everyone he’s gay after years of marriage?!? I don’t really understand why he feels he has to share with the nation tbh

That's the point being hinted at by some: there's a scandal in the offing and he's pre-empting it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I don’t really understand why he feels he has to share with the nation tbh
    Because our tabloid media is intrusive, and with almost certainty would have been about to publish an ‘exclusive’ had he not outed himself.

Blog Entries
    I can't stand him for this.

He gets called a hero for living a huge lie for decades... probably going with other people and most likely lying and cheating behind his wife's back.
    I hide from MY wife the fact that I am going on drinking session for a day and I am public enemy number one.

Where's the fairness?

Although I started this thread, and with hindsight, I agree. If he'd been having a 27 year affair with a woman he'd be out on his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post

He gets called a hero for living a huge lie for decades... probably going with other people and most likely lying and cheating behind his wife's back.
    I hide from MY wife the fact that I am going on drinking session for a day and I am public enemy number one.

Where's the fairness?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Because our tabloid media is intrusive, and with almost certainty would have been about to publish an ‘exclusive’ had he not outed himself.
    Which is what happened to Gareth Thomas - he went on TV to decry the fact that the media had taken away his privilege to tell his parents in private on his own terms.

Blog Entries
    Which is what happened to Gareth Thomas - he went on TV to decry the fact that the media had taken away his privilege to tell his parents in private on his own terms.
    The truth will out.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Not wishing to defend the press, but we should not lose sight that he waited 35 years before he came out.

So yes, the press did "take away his privilege", but then he failed to exercise his.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post

Where's the fairness?

Ryan Giggs got SPOTY after he was caught having an affair with with Wife's sister. Classy!

But i agree. PS has effectively been cheating on wife for years. Not something people should respect or celebrate. Its terrible.

Hopefully she will take him to the cleaners and find a partner who will give her happiness.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Not wishing to defend the press, but we should not lose sight that he waited 35 years before he came out.

So yes, the press did "take away his privilege", but then he failed to exercise his.
    He waited 35 years? I have to say that I was unaware people could determine their own sexuality from birth. You learn something every day!

Ryan Giggs got SPOTY after he was caught having an affair with with Wife's sister. Classy! .

It was his brothers wife for a number of years I think, plus a number of other football groupies. Always remained loyal to United though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    It was his brothers wife for a number of years I think, plus a number of other football groupies. Always remained loyal to United though.
    Giggs was more deserving of sports personality of the year than a lot of winners.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    After lots of reading (old itv workers & friends of the ‘lad’) on Twitter it’s supposedly common knowledge he’s had a flat in Southwark where he’s been at it for many years. Look at Joan Collins “why did he feel the need now, everyone knew he was gay” The BS is he’s just decided he’s gay! It’s a bit of a mickey take and there’s definitely a cover up as people are tweeting like mad about it yet it’s nowhere trending on Twitter, This morning remove show reels of the lad from twitter, delete tweets, Twitter are blocking people who dare talk about it too much.

One of the first people to report on YT (who had well over a million views last time I looked) was struck off Twitter for gaining traction.

So much for freedom of speech!

The problem for me is the safeguard one IF it’s true he was at it with this lad, he’s known him many years and when you look at the special treatment this runner got (doing interviews on this morning, making little appearances in the background, seen out in restaurants) then it’s be a bit dodgy wouldn’t it?

Someone even tweeted last July that he’d found out about the affair and flat (friend of the lad who finds out when their affair ends). That’s months before it all came out. This was around the time the lad was ousted from this morning and went to loose women. This was a runner that turned into schofield’s PA and reported by colleagues as being strange as they were very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    He waited 35 years? I have to say that I was unaware people could determine their own sexuality from birth. You learn something every day!
    He was 35 when he came out, but far enough. Let's say he had 17 years to tell his folks if it makes you feel better.

But on the point of determining sexual preference at birth, I suppose it's dependant upon whether you subscribe to the idea that gay people are born, or whether you subscribe to the idea that they develop gay tendencies as a result of their upbringing, formative years, personal experiences, etc and are effectively made.

If the former, then I would imagine GT at least suspected he might be gay when around 11-13. If the latter then it might explain why it took PS at least the last 27 years (the time he was married) to figure out that he was gay.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Who cares, really?

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post

His brother's wife. Wow! Even classier

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Who cares, really?
    I imagine very few other than PS and his immediate family, which perhaps explains why he wanted it to keep it a secret for all these years.

Whatever next, Cliff Richards is gay

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I imagine very few other than PS and his immediate family, which perhaps explains why he wanted it to keep it a secret for all these years.

Whatever next, Cliff Richards is gay
    What ?!!!!

Blog Entries
    Far as i am concerned i have reached a point where this “ hero” just goes out of the news and flogs cars on we buy any car.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Who cares, really?
    Too many people with too much time on their hands apparently.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

He was 35 when he came out, but far enough. Let's say he had 17 years to tell his folks if it makes you feel better.

But on the point of determining sexual preference at birth, I suppose it's dependant upon whether you subscribe to the idea that gay people are born, or whether you subscribe to the idea that they develop gay tendencies as a result of their upbringing, formative years, personal experiences, etc and are effectively made.

If the former, then I would imagine GT at least suspected he might be gay when around 11-13. If the latter then it might explain why it took PS at least the last 27 years (the time he was married) to figure out that he was gay.
    No, they hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    So it would seem. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Which people, the ones coming out, or the ones talking about them?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    With regard for his sexual preference that is up to him and no-one else’s business. However if he kept it quiet and his wife did not know he was gay then he is a lying git. Pathetic behaviour and she had better get down the doctors to be checked out if he was having sex outwith the marriage.
    Again if they did not know, how could you betray your wife for so long and lie to your kids like that.

Craftsman
    Got to be Gordon Ramsay next.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Got to be Gordon Ramsay next.
    Idiot.