closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Schofield

Hybrid View

Phillip Schofield

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51414010

An emotional statement that explains a lot about the impact on him and his extended family. I can't imagine the turmoil you must go through living a lie like that, or the turmoil those close to him are going through now.

Master
    What about poor Gordon the Gopher?

Did anyone actually think he wasn't Gay then?

Master
    i found this a surprise. It so sad that someone feels they have to lie about who they are but i guess things were very different when he started out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Did anyone actually think he wasn't Gay then?
    I didn't and neither did my wife or daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    i found this a surprise. It so sad that someone feels they have to lie about who they are but i guess things were very different when he started out.
    Exactly. I assume it's a treadmill of a lie that you can't get off.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was a widely known "secret" that he was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Maybe in the gay community?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Gay! Really, he didn’t look very happy whenI saw him on the news, frankly hardly a top news story, nothing much else happening in the world?
    Last edited by Pitfitter; 7th February 2020 at 20:32.

If WeBuyAnyCar.com ( or whoever), don't drop that advert where Philip says using them gives him more time to do the things he likes doing, in this case stroking pussies, I shall complain to the Advertising Standards Authority. So there!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    If WeBuyAnyCar.com ( or whoever), don't drop that advert where Philip says using them gives him more time to do the things he likes doing, in this case stroking pussies, I shall complain to the Advertising Standards Authority. So there!
    "Be More Schofield" isn't going to go down well in their marketing dept.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Master
    Sad for his wife and children.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Sad for his wife and children.
    You would think that his wife already knew

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I was surprised......that He has a wife and two daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    What about poor Gordon the Gopher?
    You mean "Gordon The Groper"? I've heard horrific stories about that pervert.

Master
    i feel this is either a ploy to distract from the negative headlines hes been getting or a paper was going to expose him so he has got in first.

No logical reason why a 57 year old bloke has to come out and tell the world hes gay.

Craftsman
    The cynical in me think that this is a counter-strike against all the bad press and bullying claims before Xmas.

A bit drastic just to counter negative headlines don't you think? And if a paper is going to out him, why wouldn't he do it first on his terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    i feel this is either a ploy to distract from the negative headlines hes been getting or a paper was going to expose him so he has got in first.

I am sorry if I appear a bit insensitive

But...

Genuinely...

WHO CARES? He is allowed to love whoever he wants. Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

There was a time when it was important. Because homosexuality was considered abnormal. Are we still in this time (we may be). I've worked with quite a few companies, both as an employee and a consultant. Whenever there was a 'do', people would come with their partners, so you would know if you didn't already. I would say that the percentage varied between 20 and 30%. Which, to me, says it has become a non issue.

I am sure there are some parts of the country where the stigmas still exist (Hot Fuzz type).But we'll never completely eliminate the knuckle dragger neanderthals, so why not give it a rest, eh?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I suppose it's just because he's in the public eye. He maybe could have kept it in the family and cited other reasons for separating but I think he's probably a bit sick of lying!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

But...

Genuinely...

WHO CARES? He is allowed to love whoever he wants. Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

There was a time when it was important. Because homosexuality was considered abnormal. Are we still in this time (we may be). I've worked with quite a few companies, both as an employee and a consultant. Whenever there was a 'do', people would come with their partners, so you would know if you didn't already. I would say that the percentage varied between 20 and 30%. Which, to me, says it has become a non issue.

I am sure there are some parts of the country where the stigmas still exist (Hot Fuzz type).But we'll never completely eliminate the knuckle dragger neanderthals, so why not give it a rest, eh?
    The fact that it appears to be an "issue" worth discussion tells us that some people still think it's a stigma. Which is a bit of a shame.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    The fact that it appears to be an "issue" worth discussion tells us that some people still think it's a stigma. Which is a bit of a shame.
    I don't think him being gay makes much of a difference but lying does.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RD200; 7th February 2020 at 13:42.

Master

But...

Genuinely...

I’m with you, it’s 2020. A gay celeb, big deal.

Grand Master
    I don't think anyone worth anything will care, i'm guessing it's as above though, a paper about to spill the beans, or his wife may be looking to move on, it could be one or many of several reasons, and almost all of them will be personal, so hope it all works out well for the Schofield family.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Exactly, it's not like he's a Premiership Football Kickerist.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    This I assumed he was gay ever since back when he started on kids Tv, mrs P brought it to my attention today, her thoughts very much in the well duh yeah course he is. Pity for his mrs, family though.

But...

Genuinely...

No, thats not insensitive at all. I can't help but feel for many celebrities no pubIicity is bad publicity with obvious exceptions (abusing kids etc), and there was no reason why he couldn't have just carried on with his life and work without feeling the need to shine the limelight on his personal life. His family and co-workers probably already knew or suspected anyway, and it shouldn't be anyone else's business or concern and he shouldn't feel the need to make it so.
    I like to think we are living in an age when homosexuality no longer matters, and I think to the majority of people it doesn't. Yes, there will always be a small number whose bigotry and perhaps insecurity regarding their own sexuality causes them to hate, but they are finding themselves increasingly isolated in their views.

Master
    Not in the least surprised. If his wife is 'in' on it then ..... children involved so a very cruel deception to play on them. I find it very hard to believe that his wife didn't know. If she was under the impression he is bisexual then I can understand that. But if he's bisexual, why the need to come out gay?

It's a sign of just how frivolous and narcissistic our society has become when this guys sexual orientation should become 'news' to anyone but his mrs and family. Summat's fundamentally wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It's a sign of just how frivolous and narcissistic our society has become when this guys sexual orientation should become 'news' to anyone but his mrs and family. Summat's fundamentally wrong.
    ^ this
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

A persons sexuality is not something to be celebrated or criticised.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Agreed
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I’m in the couldn’t care less bracket.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Tom Robinson might argue with that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Good point although I suppose that was 1978, went against the grain with us Yorkshire folk 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    42 years have passed and the world has moved on.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I think the story is that at the age of 57, he's declared himself to be something different to the impression he has presented for decades, rather than a story about someone's sexual orientation per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I think the story is that at the age of 57, he's declared himself to be something different to the impression he has presented for decades, rather than a story about someone's sexual orientation per se.
    I am sure that if Philip Schofield was at the start of his career now, he’d have come out and that would be that. This is surely a case of something that he didn’t want to talk about back in the 80’s as a kids tv presenter (even denying it to himself sadly) - whereas now everyone just shrugs and says ‘whatever’. Frankly the whole issue of sexuality is so boring nowadays I’m amazed anyone cares (I mean that in a positive way)! - it does make me laugh when people say ‘I knew so and so was gay’ - I worked in the creative industry a few years ago and met plenty of very camp straight men and very ‘blokey’ gay men - as a straight man I discarded the concept of having a ‘gaydar’ years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Not the biggest shock is it ??
    What of these, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams and David Walliams ?

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Not the biggest shock is it ??
    What of these, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams and David Walliams ?

What of them? Are you secretly hoping you're in with a chance?

So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    What of them? Are you secretly hoping you're in with a chance?

I had Cowell down as camper than Elton John never mind Philip Schofield

My wife was at Uni with Walliams and Lucas and directed them in some of their early character development work. She still has the tapes - fascinating to see the genesis of some of their best known characters.

Walliams was always camper than a very long row of tents, but apparently had a real eye for the ladies...
    So clever my foot fell off.

The fact that he's "come out" is neither here or there, it's the impact of all the years of lying on his family, hope it works itself out.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The fact that he's "come out" is neither here or there, it's the impact of all the years of lying on his family, hope it works itself out.
    Spot on.

Now i’m not suggesting this is the case, but let’s assume he has been fulfilling his sexual desires elsewhere than at home because his wife is a woman, would there be lots of positive comments and words of support in the media if he’d have been having sexual relations with another woman because she was more appealing than his wife. I suspect not, I don’t think they’d be calling him brave.

If however he has sat on his hands and suppressed his sexuality for the best part of 30 years, then really, couldnt he have done it for a little longer?
    Last edited by tz-uk73; 7th February 2020 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Spot on.

Now i’m not suggesting this is the case, but let’s assume he has been fulfilling his sexual desires elsewhere than at home because his wife is a woman, would there be lots of positive comments and words of support in the media if he’d have been having sexual relations with another woman because she was more appealing than his wife. I suspect not, I don’t think they’d be calling him brave.

If however he has sat on his hands and suppressed his sexuality for the best part of 30 years, then really, couldnt he have done it for a little longer?

The question is what was he doing with his hands when sitting on them ?

Craftsman
    Good on him, but I don’t think it’s a surprise to anyone, or it shouldn’t be anyway.

It’s a bit sad that he could t do it earlier, I don’t believe people become gay later in life, they’re always gay, they might not want to accept it, or changes in circumstances could make it more apparent to the individual, but they are born gay.

However, Sam Smith wasn’t born a wanker, he’s become one quite recently (having announced that he came out as non-binary and changed his gender pronouns to they/them).

Master
    prob a good career move. Don't want all that BBC work going to the usual suspects (Walliams/Lucas/Norton). As long as he doesn't end up in a Barrymore situation then it will be good

Apparently there's loads of happily married men on the down-low. No doubt a few here, certain WorkSimon is one.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    certain WorkSimon is one.
    He does have a nice bum :-)

On the money I reckon.