closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Schofield

Phillip Schofield

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51414010

An emotional statement that explains a lot about the impact on him and his extended family. I can't imagine the turmoil you must go through living a lie like that, or the turmoil those close to him are going through now.

Master
    What about poor Gordon the Gopher?

Did anyone actually think he wasn't Gay then?

Master
    i found this a surprise. It so sad that someone feels they have to lie about who they are but i guess things were very different when he started out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Did anyone actually think he wasn't Gay then?
    I didn't and neither did my wife or daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    i found this a surprise. It so sad that someone feels they have to lie about who they are but i guess things were very different when he started out.
    Exactly. I assume it's a treadmill of a lie that you can't get off.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was a widely known "secret" that he was gay?

If WeBuyAnyCar.com ( or whoever), don't drop that advert where Philip says using them gives him more time to do the things he likes doing, in this case stroking pussies, I shall complain to the Advertising Standards Authority. So there!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    I thought it was a widely known "secret" that he was gay?
    Maybe in the gay community?

In my experience, gay blokes seem to be able to cop a feel with impunity. Given that he works with Holly, I fear this may be a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Maybe in the gay community?

And maybe in the 'just look at him and listen to him' community

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    What about poor Gordon the Gopher?
    You mean "Gordon The Groper"? I've heard horrific stories about that pervert.

Master
    i feel this is either a ploy to distract from the negative headlines hes been getting or a paper was going to expose him so he has got in first.

No logical reason why a 57 year old bloke has to come out and tell the world hes gay.

Craftsman
    The cynical in me think that this is a counter-strike against all the bad press and bullying claims before Xmas.

A bit drastic just to counter negative headlines don't you think? And if a paper is going to out him, why wouldn't he do it first on his terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    i feel this is either a ploy to distract from the negative headlines hes been getting or a paper was going to expose him so he has got in first.

Before I even open the linked i fully expected it to be this news. My gaydar is working.

I have worked with several guys now who have married, had children, and then in their 40’s or 50’s come out as gay.
    The destruction this leaves behind is enormous. Without getting in to details because we don’t know them, but where and how do these guys satisfy their sexual urges when they are outwardly happily married. It leaves damage.

Master
    Who'd have thought that a man with a rainbow coat in his wardrobe and a fondness for musical theatre should turn out to be gay? I for one am shocked.

I've also worked around guys in the same situation and all but one has come out, ended their marriage and caused chaos in their families.

However, now the dust has settled on all of their lives, they're all happier, and that includes the spouses that have found new partners.

As for the sex, they have ways and means. People often travel for work. Late nights. Nights out.

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Before I even open the linked i fully expected it to be this news. My gaydar is working.

I have worked with several guys now who have married, had children, and then in their 40’s or 50’s come out as gay.
    The destruction this leaves behind is enormous. Without getting in to details because we don’t know them, but where and how do these guys satisfy their sexual urges when they are outwardly happily married. It leaves damage.
    - - - Updated - - -

Fair play, that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by jl smout View Post
    Who'd have thought that a man with a rainbow coat in his wardrobe and a fondness for musical theatre should turn out to be gay? I for one am shocked.

Master
    Not in the least surprised. If his wife is 'in' on it then ..... children involved so a very cruel deception to play on them. I find it very hard to believe that his wife didn't know. If she was under the impression he is bisexual then I can understand that. But if he's bisexual, why the need to come out gay?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    In my experience, gay blokes seem to be able to cop a feel with impunity. Given that he works with Holly, I fear this may be a ruse.
    Yep, he's been waiting for years to cop a feel!

Master
    Not the biggest shock is it ??
    What of these, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams and David Walliams ?

I am sorry if I appear a bit insensitive

But...

Genuinely...

WHO CARES? He is allowed to love whoever he wants. Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

There was a time when it was important. Because homosexuality was considered abnormal. Are we still in this time (we may be). I've worked with quite a few companies, both as an employee and a consultant. Whenever there was a 'do', people would come with their partners, so you would know if you didn't already. I would say that the percentage varied between 20 and 30%. Which, to me, says it has become a non issue.

I am sure there are some parts of the country where the stigmas still exist (Hot Fuzz type).But we'll never completely eliminate the knuckle dragger neanderthals, so why not give it a rest, eh?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Not the biggest shock is it ??
    What of these, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams and David Walliams ?

What of them? Are you secretly hoping you're in with a chance?

So clever my foot fell off.

I suppose it's just because he's in the public eye. He maybe could have kept it in the family and cited other reasons for separating but I think he's probably a bit sick of lying!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    What of them? Are you secretly hoping you're in with a chance?

I had Cowell down as camper than Elton John never mind Philip Schofield

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

But...

Genuinely...

WHO CARES? He is allowed to love whoever he wants. Why does he need to shout it across the waves? Really, why?

There was a time when it was important. Because homosexuality was considered abnormal. Are we still in this time (we may be). I've worked with quite a few companies, both as an employee and a consultant. Whenever there was a 'do', people would come with their partners, so you would know if you didn't already. I would say that the percentage varied between 20 and 30%. Which, to me, says it has become a non issue.

I am sure there are some parts of the country where the stigmas still exist (Hot Fuzz type).But we'll never completely eliminate the knuckle dragger neanderthals, so why not give it a rest, eh?
    The fact that it appears to be an "issue" worth discussion tells us that some people still think it's a stigma. Which is a bit of a shame.

My wife was at Uni with Walliams and Lucas and directed them in some of their early character development work. She still has the tapes - fascinating to see the genesis of some of their best known characters.

Walliams was always camper than a very long row of tents, but apparently had a real eye for the ladies...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    The fact that it appears to be an "issue" worth discussion tells us that some people still think it's a stigma. Which is a bit of a shame.
    I don't think him being gay makes much of a difference but lying does.

Last edited by RD200; 7th February 2020 at 13:42.

Yes, but why would he have felt the need to conceal his sexuality in the first place?

The fact that he's "come out" is neither here or there, it's the impact of all the years of lying on his family, hope it works itself out.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The fact that he's "come out" is neither here or there, it's the impact of all the years of lying on his family, hope it works itself out.
    Spot on.

Now i’m not suggesting this is the case, but let’s assume he has been fulfilling his sexual desires elsewhere than at home because his wife is a woman, would there be lots of positive comments and words of support in the media if he’d have been having sexual relations with another woman because she was more appealing than his wife. I suspect not, I don’t think they’d be calling him brave.

If however he has sat on his hands and suppressed his sexuality for the best part of 30 years, then really, couldnt he have done it for a little longer?
    Last edited by tz-uk73; 7th February 2020 at 15:49.

Master
    prob a good career move. Don't want all that BBC work going to the usual suspects (Walliams/Lucas/Norton). As long as he doesn't end up in a Barrymore situation then it will be good

Apparently there's loads of happily married men on the down-low. No doubt a few here, certain WorkSimon is one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    prob a good career move. Don't want all that BBC work going to the usual suspects (Walliams/Lucas/Norton). As long as he doesn't end up in a Barrymore situation then it will be good
    The guy is worth roughly 10,000,000 apparently and still raking in huge salaries before he said anything about being Gay.

He obviously just cracked up after decades of not publically saying it openly to all.

It was a Career move to hide it or at least not say it on TV. I suspect people closest to him knew for a very long time.

I had no idea, Personally I thought he was a Robot because he does not seem to age naturally at all except for the grey hair.

Master
    Who really cares?

Master

But...

Genuinely...

I’m with you, it’s 2020. A gay celeb, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Who really cares?

Very few I'd imagine, definitely not me, but I bet his wife however might, and clearly Scofield does.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Grand Master
    I don't think anyone worth anything will care, i'm guessing it's as above though, a paper about to spill the beans, or his wife may be looking to move on, it could be one or many of several reasons, and almost all of them will be personal, so hope it all works out well for the Schofield family.

But...

Genuinely...

No, thats not insensitive at all. I can't help but feel for many celebrities no pubIicity is bad publicity with obvious exceptions (abusing kids etc), and there was no reason why he couldn't have just carried on with his life and work without feeling the need to shine the limelight on his personal life. His family and co-workers probably already knew or suspected anyway, and it shouldn't be anyone else's business or concern and he shouldn't feel the need to make it so.
    I like to think we are living in an age when homosexuality no longer matters, and I think to the majority of people it doesn't. Yes, there will always be a small number whose bigotry and perhaps insecurity regarding their own sexuality causes them to hate, but they are finding themselves increasingly isolated in their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Exactly, it's not like he's a Premiership Football Kickerist.

I feel sorry for his wife, her family, and his children.

He is 57 FFS - he could have come out some years ago if he wanted to, quite easily with no come back - I always assumed that both he and Andy Peters were gay, and I was very surprised when he married and had children.

Having children was his choice - marrying a women and spending many years as her husband was his choice.

Personally, it really doesn’t bother me, and I feel everyone should be free to express themselves as they choose, provided they don’t hurt others, but lesser celebs would be facing a little bit more of a backlash.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    This I assumed he was gay ever since back when he started on kids Tv, mrs P brought it to my attention today, her thoughts very much in the well duh yeah course he is. Pity for his mrs, family though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Sad for his wife and children.

A load of arse really.

But seriously, he hasn't said anything about cheating on his wife yet has he? If he's just got gay feelings what difference is it? Or maybe his Mrs doesn't relish MMF.

Blog Entries
    I fail to understand why a minor “ personality” who now says he is gay is of any interest surely this is just a matter for him and his family?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I fail to understand why a minor “ personality” who now says he is gay is of any interest surely this is just a matter for him and his family?
    Minor!!!!!
    Do you mind!......Schofield is the god of shite tv, both daytime and prime time weekend.

Schofield has just announced he's changing his name to Phillip McCavity

Master
    I fall into the not surprised, don’t really care if he is or isn’t and feel more sorry for his wife and kids camp. Though maybe I should not use the word camp ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Sad for his wife and children.
    You would think that his wife already knew

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Spot on.

Now i’m not suggesting this is the case, but let’s assume he has been fulfilling his sexual desires elsewhere than at home because his wife is a woman, would there be lots of positive comments and words of support in the media if he’d have been having sexual relations with another woman because she was more appealing than his wife. I suspect not, I don’t think they’d be calling him brave.

If however he has sat on his hands and suppressed his sexuality for the best part of 30 years, then really, couldnt he have done it for a little longer?

The question is what was he doing with his hands when sitting on them ?

I must have terrible gaydar as I was actually surprised.
    I wonder if its possible for someone to be completely hetro then become gay later in life, or vice versa?
    I didn't like sweet peppers as a child now I love them, so why can't sexuality work that way?