closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Haveston Corp Canvas Strap - Mini Review

Haveston Corp Canvas Strap - Mini Review

I've bought a couple of the Corp Canvas Series "single pass" staps from Haveston. A firm I'd not heard of before seeing their straps on the American DWC forum.

I wrongly assumed that Haverston were USA based, but they are in the UK.

Anyway, the straps come very nicely packaged.

The thickness on the main part of the strap is just above the Zulu I had on my Aerospace previously, so I removed the spring bars to fit the strap.

The double thickness section at the buckle end is not necessary in my view & bulks the strap up too much. Its only function is to retain the floating keeper, so I've removed it.

Given the straps are brand new, they are pretty flexible and sit quite nicely already.

They will obviously soften up further once fully broken in.

All in all, I'm very pleased.

https://www.haveston.com/10-corp-canvas-series
    Last edited by andy tims; 18th February 2020 at 14:20.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I have 4 of their nylon Natos, all 22mm that I wear on my 40mm Everest and Dreadnought Voyager. I've been using them for probably a couple of years now. I really like the look of their canvas straps, but I've never found a definitive answer as to how well they withstand long term daily wear. The two watches I wear mine on tend to be worn for weeks at a time, mainly 24/7, with others coming in brief rotation at weekends/evenings. The areas that concern me are the finishing stitching around the pin holes for the buckle and the pointed end that passes through the buckle and keepers. I did have a problem with one of their Natos, with fraying at the pin holes and threads coming away after very little wear. I contacted them, and continued to wear the strap for a while to see how the problem might develop, and Haveston's customer care was exemplary with a replacement being sent ASAP. The nylon straps are thinner, and the keeper retaining part of the strap you have removed doesn't bulk the strap up enough to require removal, although I can see why this is needed with the canvas. I'm interested to see how your straps fare with some decent wear time on them.
    Last edited by magirus; 7th February 2020 at 12:51.
    F.T.F.A.

I have a couple of these
    I like them, I wear one (green) on a MKII Cruxible, it’s very similar in look to the original straps found on the A11 so is a good match
    I wear a brown one on a ex Rhodesian Roamer, the colour matches the lume colour so it’s another good match.
    I find them comfortable and hard wearing but also think the double thickness section is a bit over kill.
    It’s makes the strap a bit unbalanced especially on smaller watches
    I also have one of their Velcro straps for the Speedmaster, I have never worn it.

I've almost ordered an M-1918C canvas from them a couple of times. Eddie doesn't do his Coyote Brown nato in 22mm and I really fancy the colour to use on my Voyager. It's just the longevity issue if worn a everyday 24/7 that's held me back, and that's all canvas straps, not just Haveston.
    F.T.F.A.

Bought their Nato strap and wasn't impressed. Packaging and hardware are great, but strap itself meh, it started fraying in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Bought their Nato strap and wasn't impressed. Packaging and hardware are great, but strap itself meh, it started fraying in a day or two.

The strap I had a problem with did something similar after a week of wear. The pin hole I used started to slightly fray and fibres loosened and stood proud along the line of holes. I took some pictures and mailed Haveston, but said I'd reseal the holes with heat, flash the loose fibres off with a flame and keep on wearing it to see how it fared. Alex sent me a replacement regardless, with a nice freebie thrown in. I've continued wearing the original since then a lot on my 40mm Everest and my Voyager, and it's never been a problem again. The replacement is still in the tin as a spare! The others I have ( original Fortress and Carrier A2 ) have never been a problem. The original problem was back in December 2018.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I've almost ordered an M-1918C canvas from them a couple of times. Eddie doesn't do his Coyote Brown nato in 22mm and I really fancy the colour to use on my Voyager. It's just the longevity issue if worn a everyday 24/7 that's held me back, and that's all canvas straps, not just Haveston.
    I wouldn’t have any reservation on longevity based on my experience
    I have got both covered in cr@p oil and all sorts mucking about with cars
    A quick wash and they are like new. I ha e to say I have not noticed any fading either after washing.

I've been wearing one on my Damasko DC66, on and off, for about 8 months. (I rotate it with a Crown & Buckle Chevron) It's held up well - fading a little, but in teh way that a nice pair of jeans will fade. I'll sort some more pictures if there's the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I wouldn’t have any reservation on longevity based on my experience
    I have got both covered in cr@p oil and all sorts mucking about with cars
    A quick wash and they are like new. I ha e to say I have not noticed any fading either after washing.
    Thanks, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I've been wearing one on my Damasko DC66, on and off, for about 8 months. (I rotate it with a Crown & Buckle Chevron) It's held up well - fading a little, but in teh way that a nice pair of jeans will fade. I'll sort some more pictures if there's the demand.

Again, thanks and yes, more pictures please. Particularly of the pin hole you use most and stitching at the pointed non buckle end if possible.
    F.T.F.A.

Fading is visible, but nor pronounced.

My buckle hole.

Tip of the strap.

Had one for a couple of months, no signs of deterioration yet. Lovely and comfortable and will be buying more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Fading is visible, but nor pronounced........

Thanks indeed for those pictures. Unfortunately they confirm my doubts re canvas straps. :-(
    F.T.F.A.

LMAO @ "canvass.”

Digging into this company - are these actually in the UK or drop-shipped from China (or similar)?
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 19th February 2020 at 16:42.