closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quartz Watches Eating Batteries

Master

Quartz Watches Eating Batteries

I recently took my CWC RN Diver to a recommended watchmaker for its first battery change & pressure test. After about 3 weeks the watch stopped dead. I took it back today & they replaced the battery saying it was dead. I was told to keep an eye on the watch to see how it performed as, while it may just have been a duff battery, it was possible that something in the quartz movement was "killing" the battery.
    I've never heard of this before & the watch ran fine on the battery it came with so I've no reason to suspect anything's amiss.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this? What was the outcome?
    Thanks,

Craftsman
    If the movement has a blockage (something stuck in the train) or the oil is dry etc in most quartz watches it will over consume. This drains the battery quickly, so if it dies again quickly it needs a service.

Craftsman
    I have a cheap but treasured Accurist that started doing this , had to have the movement replaced but did not cost much think it was £50 or so

Master
    Thanks for the replies, this wasn't something I'd heard of but I'll keep an eye out for it from now on. I dread to think what Silverman's will sting me for a new movement if that becomes necessary...